All wrapped up! Help!

elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
As some of you know, I had another biopsy a little over a month ago. Well the surgeon said it was just scar tissue, and it should heal within a few months. Since then, It became a huge blistered area which was very sore. I had an appointment with my rad oncoligist and his PA told me to go back to the surgeon and have her drain the fluid and have it analyzed. Well I did not do this because I was heading off to California the following day. It got alot better over the weekend anyhow...So for the last couple of days its been getting red and swollen again, but looked better yesterday. Today As I was finishing in the shower, I found the incision was draining so I called the surgeon. She had me come in and she drained it and wrapped it. By the time I got home the whole area was soaked already! Now I have to go back for follow up Thursday. She wants me to keep it wrapped until then and no getting it wet. UGGGHHH! She said it is healing slowly due to the radiation I had. I am leaving for Germany one week from today and I sure hope this is all over by then! I don't think I have ever healed from the original lumpectomy and its been over a year.
OK I know I am rambling on, my point is, has anyone else had anything like this happen?

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    So sorry Elm. No, I have
    So sorry Elm. No, I have never heard of this personally. You say you never healed from the original lumpectomy? That was before you even had rads. I wonder if maybe you just don't heal well from surgery. Have you had surgery's before the lumpectomy and healed ok? I hope that this is ok before you go to Germany.

Wishing you good luck and again, I am so sorry.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    susie09 said:

So sorry Elm. No, I have
    So sorry Elm. No, I have never heard of this personally. You say you never healed from the original lumpectomy? That was before you even had rads. I wonder if maybe you just don't heal well from surgery. Have you had surgery's before the lumpectomy and healed ok? I hope that this is ok before you go to Germany.

Wishing you good luck and again, I am so sorry.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Sorry Elm
    Try to relax, have rest and boos your immune system. After surgery my surgeon advised having good nutrition high protein, fruits and vegetables. Wishing you fast healing and good trip.
    New Flower
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Sorry Elm
    Try to relax, have rest and boos your immune system. After surgery my surgeon advised having good nutrition high protein, fruits and vegetables. Wishing you fast healing and good trip.
    New Flower

Poor Elm :( I wish I had
    Poor Elm :( I wish I had some information or advice, but, I don't.

Hoping it clears up before your trip!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    jnl said:

Poor Elm :( I wish I had
    Poor Elm :( I wish I had some information or advice, but, I don't.

Hoping it clears up before your trip!

Hugs, Leeza

♥ Well dang it Elm ♥
    You do not need this! You have a trip to Germany to go to! I wish I could advise you somehow hon, but, I don't know anything about it. Just know that I am thinking of you and hoping you will be ok in time to go! I hear them playing your song:

I'm leaving on a jet plane..............

Love, Jeanne ♥