Feeling Really Lucky and a Little Amazed!!!!!

BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today I go for my 24th rad treatment and so far I have only one spot that is tender, above my breast on my chest wall. My underarm is a little browner than my breast but neither is red. Right now I am feeling kinda blessed cause I had such a really rough time with chemo and I seem to be doing okay with rads. I have been waiting since my third week for something to happen and (knock on wood) it hasn't. My Radiation Onc is really suprised since I have really fair skin. This is my 6th week. I have this week to finish the regular rads and next week is my boosters. Almost done.

Hugs

Donna

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    I'm pulling for you, Donna
    Did do Rad's .. double mact'my. Chemo is a killer for the majority of us .. then to endure rad's .. YOU ARE A WARRIOR - Donna!

Gentle Hugs in your direction.

VickiSam
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    It just goes to show.....
    The beast was so frightened, it ran away, and left you with comfort!!

Good for you, my dear! Sounds like you have a GREAT rad/oncologist!!!

BIG hugs!!! Kathi
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Good news, Donna. You have
    Good news, Donna. You have had a rough time of the chemo and it's about time you got a break. Hoping for the rest of your treatments to continue as non-eventful!! Take care.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Good news, Donna. You have
    Good news, Donna. You have had a rough time of the chemo and it's about time you got a break. Hoping for the rest of your treatments to continue as non-eventful!! Take care.

Me too
    You and I were neck in neck with the GI symptoms during chemo. but I did very well with rads, got red at the end, but nothing major. You go girl!!! so happy for you!!! I know what you have been through :)
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    carkris said:

Me too
    You and I were neck in neck with the GI symptoms during chemo. but I did very well with rads, got red at the end, but nothing major. You go girl!!! so happy for you!!! I know what you have been through :)

Hi Donna
    I am glad that you are doing well. Keep applying creams two times a day. You will be a graduate soon.
    Hugs
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Yay Donna!!!
    As MyTurnNow said, you definitely deserved a break after what you went through with your chemo!

So glad to hear that the rads have been so much easier on you. Looks like you'll be a rads grad before you know it!

Cindy
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member

Hi Donna
    I am glad that you are doing well. Keep applying creams two times a day. You will be a graduate soon.
    Hugs

awwww hang in there Donna
    You're almost finished!!!! Everything's going to be okay girl,

Love Ronda
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Great news Donna. I'm hoping
    Great news Donna. I'm hoping for the same. 3rd week in and so far nothing, looks and feels normal. I ask the rad tech if he was sure the machine was working. He laughed.
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Home Stretch
    Hi Donna,

Thinking about you!

Amazed every day with the kind of strength women have...you've got it girl!!!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom

p.s.love the hat photo...is that yours?
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851

Home Stretch
    Hi Donna,

Thinking about you!

Amazed every day with the kind of strength women have...you've got it girl!!!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom

p.s.love the hat photo...is that yours?

Yep.I made all of those in
    Yep.
    I made all of those in support of our "Relay For Life". Actually made about 60. Those I did not sell, I donated to the University of Miami Sylvester Cancer CTU(22 hats). I just made another 22 that I am going to donate to a CTU that only takes people who don't have the money to pay for their treatmennts(poverty level). I wish I could just give one to every person I see that doesn't have any hair but cannot quite afford to do that. I know how it feels to not have hair and be embarrased to go out. The little hats helped boost my confidence before I started going naked. Now I am naked all of the time.

Hugs

Donna