My surgery is tomorrow

kikz
kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
and I am feeling pretty calm. I just drank the laxative and I am having only clear liquids today. I hope and pray my surgery will be successful in removing all (i can dream) the cancer from my body. I want to wake up from this nightmare. I will have quite a possee at the hospital tomorrow. My son, mom, my cousin who is like my sister and her son and friends. I know it will be hard on them. I pray that this surgery gives me time to spend with all the people I love. I will let you know the outcome when I am well enough to get back online.

I am grateful for the opportunity to express my thoughts and feelings to you ladies who truely understand what I am going through. God bless you all and yours.

Luv, Karen

Comments

• kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Surgery
    Dear Karen, praying for your surgery and for you today! Keep us posted when you get a chance,
    kathleen
  • queenieb52
    queenieb52 Member Posts: 48 Member
    Its all good ...
    Karen...I am sure things will go fine for you tomorrow- I am positive that ur Dr will remove every cell possible!! I was scared to death when I had my hysterectomy last yr...the only other surgery I had ever had in my 52 yrs was a c-section 30 years ago for my daughter. The most drugs I ever ingested were aspirin (do I have to count in the 70's?? lol) It was a toss up which was scarier...the cancer or surgery. I know you have heard this probably a zillion times already ( & will hear it more!) but having a very positive attitude REALLY will do you good! I adopted this old cheer my daughter used to say in cheerleading yrs ago..."i'm alright...I'm ok...I'm gonna beat this anyway'(I changed a few words to suit my situation!) Whenever things seemed bleak I would force my self to MOVE & it became my mantra!! I wish you everything good there can be & have confidence you also will give this a good fight as all the ladies here have! Having all your loved ones there is definitely a bonus!! Hope to talk to u soon! Thumbs up!!! Beth
  • sanam
    sanam Member Posts: 106

Its all good ...
    Karen...I am sure things will go fine for you tomorrow- I am positive that ur Dr will remove every cell possible!! I was scared to death when I had my hysterectomy last yr...the only other surgery I had ever had in my 52 yrs was a c-section 30 years ago for my daughter. The most drugs I ever ingested were aspirin (do I have to count in the 70's?? lol) It was a toss up which was scarier...the cancer or surgery. I know you have heard this probably a zillion times already ( & will hear it more!) but having a very positive attitude REALLY will do you good! I adopted this old cheer my daughter used to say in cheerleading yrs ago..."i'm alright...I'm ok...I'm gonna beat this anyway'(I changed a few words to suit my situation!) Whenever things seemed bleak I would force my self to MOVE & it became my mantra!! I wish you everything good there can be & have confidence you also will give this a good fight as all the ladies here have! Having all your loved ones there is definitely a bonus!! Hope to talk to u soon! Thumbs up!!! Beth

I never forget the day that
    I never forget the day that my mom went throug her surgery.
    I was terrified and strange thoughts obssessed me.
    BUT everything went very well.She didn't have any complications(Thank God!) and we were together at home in 5 days.I wish you have a good one as well and get rid of cancer cells as much as possible.
    Get well soon dear.
    Hugs
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    GOOD LUCK
    Good luck. Keep it touch and let us know how it goes.
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    GOOD LUCK
    Good luck. Keep it touch and let us know how it goes.
  • pjdreams
    pjdreams Member Posts: 77
    Karen,
    Sending along peace,

Karen,

Sending along peace, love, strength and healing to you.

Regards,

Paula
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    prayers n hugs
    Sending lots of prayers n hugs your way
  • hockeygolf7
    hockeygolf7 Member Posts: 52
    Special thoughts and lots of
    Special thoughts and lots of prayers for you today. It's a rough surgery to go through but you will be fine and back to let us know how you feel real soon.