So! Excited!

carkris
carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
today I went Naked, no one stared, the earth did not fall apart. It felt so nice. It really is short but I didnt care, I just kept thinking about what Traci said, to pretend like you intended it that way!!!
Anyway, I went to get some pants for an event, and the lady who waited on me was also a breast cancer survivor STAGE 4. mets to liver and bone,. One place told her they could not offer her anything she said this is nuts and went to another place where they did aggressive chemo, she is on herceptin too and is currently NED! the bone mets was to her neck and ribs. Oh yeah and arimedex. She looked awesome her hair after 10 months off chemo was beautiful and she felt great. I told her this the first time I felt like trying on clothes and look who waits on me!!!!! amyway I could not wait to tell all of you :)

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    What a liberating feeling
    I'm so happy for you. And I just love to hear stories where we share our story with others because you never know if they too have shared the same experience. We all of a sudden, through those moments in sharing form a instantaneous bond with that person. We're able to walk away and whisper a prayer for them...so wonderful.

I'm sure you were an inspiration to her.

Have fun at your event and thanks for sharing this...

Blessings!
    sea60
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Loved hearing your news.
    Loved hearing your news. It's been 3 weeks for me, and if you recall a lady told me she loved my haircut the day I decided to go naked. How encouraging to hear your saleslady's story of recovery and health. No accident for sure.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    natly15 said:

Loved hearing your news.
    Loved hearing your news. It's been 3 weeks for me, and if you recall a lady told me she loved my haircut the day I decided to go naked. How encouraging to hear your saleslady's story of recovery and health. No accident for sure.

Yeh for you! Great to read
    Yeh for you! Great to read this!
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Awesome -
    I'm still using all of the sisters "naked head" notes to build up courage for when I get there. And how wonderful that it initiated a conversation with someone special!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I am soo happy you posted
    I am soo happy you posted this! I know how it made me feel, and I have a sneaking feeling any of us who are now facing chemo once again ( you know who you are, sisters! LOL) will also gain strength and hope from this experience. I get my PET scan tomorrow, and I have learned that it is ok with you if I actually admit that I am scared. Not so much about the procedure, of course, but what my oncologist is going to say about what they found...
    Thanks so much again~ my heart feels a bit more settled!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    chenheart said:

I am soo happy you posted this! I know how it made me feel, and I have a sneaking feeling any of us who are now facing chemo once again ( you know who you are, sisters! LOL) will also gain strength and hope from this experience. I get my PET scan tomorrow, and I have learned that it is ok with you if I actually admit that I am scared. Not so much about the procedure, of course, but what my oncologist is going to say about what they found...

Hugs,
    Chen♥

So, you were naked?
    So, you were naked? Congratulations!

Sue :)
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

We're there in spirit
    Dear Chen,
    We are there in spirit during that PET scan tomorrow and when you have that talk on strategy with your ONC. Just imagine all of us in your pocket or purse, there with you and ready to go into battle. Of course, if you are really good with imagery and start to chuckle, your Onc may begin to wonder if there is something else wrong with you... Hang in there and know that this too shall pass.The force is with you = Pink warriors united in battle.Before the battle, it is normal for warriors to feel afraid.
    Hugs and sending good vibes,
    K
  • carkris
    KayNYC said:

We're there in spirit
    Dear Chen,
    We are there in spirit during that PET scan tomorrow and when you have that talk on strategy with your ONC. Just imagine all of us in your pocket or purse, there with you and ready to go into battle. Of course, if you are really good with imagery and start to chuckle, your Onc may begin to wonder if there is something else wrong with you... Hang in there and know that this too shall pass.The force is with you = Pink warriors united in battle.Before the battle, it is normal for warriors to feel afraid.
    Hugs and sending good vibes,
    K

I always think when I am
    I always think when I am afraid that Jesus was afraid in the garden of Gethsemane and if HE could be afraid than it is ok for me. I have read somewhere that all soldiers are afraid its what they do when they are afraid that is the brave part. I know you with your attitude and strength and support will battle this and win. I remmeber saying "I cant do this again" and someone saying "you can you just dont want to." You can and you will!!! and we will be there as you have been for us. I am hoping for better news this week for you and everyone else too!
    yes I was naked, I went to a concert last night and my husband (feeling no pain) kept rubbing my head until Ihad to tell him to stop!!! My one friend said I needed to color it, which I do, but she doesnt understand that just having enough hair to not wear a headcovering is enough for me right now.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Thats great that you went
    Thats great that you went naked today and had a good experience with it...i hope i have just as good experience when im brave enough to go naked!
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    carkris said:

I always think when I am
    I always think when I am afraid that Jesus was afraid in the garden of Gethsemane and if HE could be afraid than it is ok for me. I have read somewhere that all soldiers are afraid its what they do when they are afraid that is the brave part. I know you with your attitude and strength and support will battle this and win. I remmeber saying "I cant do this again" and someone saying "you can you just dont want to." You can and you will!!! and we will be there as you have been for us. I am hoping for better news this week for you and everyone else too!
    yes I was naked, I went to a concert last night and my husband (feeling no pain) kept rubbing my head until Ihad to tell him to stop!!! My one friend said I needed to color it, which I do, but she doesnt understand that just having enough hair to not wear a headcovering is enough for me right now.

You are so right. Any hair
    You are so right. Any hair is better than none!!!!!!

Great story

Hugs

Donna
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    jo jo said:

Thats great that you went
    Thats great that you went naked today and had a good experience with it...i hope i have just as good experience when im brave enough to go naked!

I went from Full hats - all color shapes and styles to
    baseball cap (s) .. Black, Pink and grey .. all designed with 'I'm a breast cancer survivor logo and lettering. It was about 3 weeks after my baseball cap wearing stage, that I went naked. I too received many cute comments about my short hair cut .. after a week or so, I stop telling anyone who commented on my short hair do -- My breast cancer story. I now just thank them, and move along with my business.

I wear my short semi-curly hair with pride, along with my breast cancer pink pin -- I gladly stop and chat about my BC when asked about my pink ribbon pink.

Going naked showed me a freedom that I had lost for 7 months .. that finishing touch to a wrapped packaged ..

Love, Laugh and go NAKED ..

VickiSam
  • owly
    owly Member Posts: 10
    I am excited that you posted this!
    It made me really happy that you posted about yourself and the lady that helped you! I too have mets to bone and liver, with just one spot in bone. They told me that treatment would be pretty easy and that I wouldn't lose hair but a lot has come out and treatment has been feeling yucky. I was just picturing myself going years and years with no hair and feeling bad, but I am so encouraged to know that it maybe won't be long before I feel sort of normal again. :)

I'm proud of you!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Carkris, what a heartwarming
    Carkris, what a heartwarming story. Thanks for sharing and quite possibly giving one of our sisters the courage to also go naked.
  • carkris
    MyTurnNow said:

Carkris, what a heartwarming
    Carkris, what a heartwarming story. Thanks for sharing and quite possibly giving one of our sisters the courage to also go naked.

In my experience, singular that it is, when I have decided to take any step whether buzzing my hair or revealing my hair, it was when I felt ready, and spur of the moment, on my own terms and that is important!!!! In all things!