Greetings from Long-Lost dmc!

dmc_emmy
dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
(I posted under "Facebook," too...I really wanted you all to read this one! :))

Whoohoo! I just joined Facebook and it is a blast! It would be great to keep in touch with all of you that way. If you want to join me on Facebook, send me a PM and I will give you my FB name.

But....that's not why I'm here today. I am here to inform all of my friends here that I got the "ALL CLEAR" last Friday June 11th and, for the FIRST TIME since my dx, I don't need to return for ONE YEAR!!! Come Dec 13th, 2010 it will be five years for me and I am now dancing with NED...I hope the dance is long and sweet.

Double WHOOHOO!

To celebrate, Emmy and I are going on a 28-day camping trip, by way of my home-state of Arkansas. Unfortunately, my husband needs to stay home to care for his aging dog who is unable to travel. But, as my daugther told me, "Mom, you need to find yourself. This will good for you." I think she is quite right! :) I'll be hiking, biking, painting, drawing, and reading while I camp with a dear four-legged friend.

I will be out-of-touch during that time, but hope to chat for the next few days before I take off to the plains of Iowa, the Ozarks of AR, and the Appalacians of TN and NC.

Celebration time! The Ozarks are calling me home.

dmc

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Best wishes to you-so happy
    Best wishes to you-so happy NED is in your life. enjoy your trip.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    WOW!!! It has been a long
    WOW!!! It has been a long time~ and how upbeat and happy you are! Congratulations! I agree with your daughter; it is time to rediscover yourself! It sounds that you have picked the perfect way to do that~ have fun!

I am on FB too~ recently started posting as I had some news I needed to share with the CSN family who doesn't post here too regularly anymore.

Have a grand adventure, you deserve it!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    natly15 said:

Best wishes to you-so happy
    Best wishes to you-so happy NED is in your life. enjoy your trip.

I am so happy for you
    DMC,
    I am so happy for you that you are through the tunnel and into the light. I read your profile and loved what I read. You have a great attitude about this and you have been an inspiration to me. Thank you so much and God bless.
    Lorrie
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    chenheart said:

WOW!!! It has been a long
    WOW!!! It has been a long time~ and how upbeat and happy you are! Congratulations! I agree with your daughter; it is time to rediscover yourself! It sounds that you have picked the perfect way to do that~ have fun!

I am on FB too~ recently started posting as I had some news I needed to share with the CSN family who doesn't post here too regularly anymore.

Have a grand adventure, you deserve it!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

:)
    Thank you for your well-wishes. I hope to be chatting with you all when I return from my travels.

dmc
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    dmc_emmy said:

:)
    Thank you for your well-wishes. I hope to be chatting with you all when I return from my travels.

dmc

Congrats! Enjoy your travels and
    new adventures ... Please update us with your travel ventures, once you return.

VickiSam
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Hi DMC - Great to hear from
    Hi DMC - Great to hear from you AND great to hear your good news. Wishing you a wonderful trip. xoxoxo Lynn
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Soooo happy for you
    Your post gave me much needed hope. I am just starting my 5 year trip. I was so happy to hear you are dancing with Ned!! I hope to follow in your tracks. Have a great trip and lots of fun with your four legged friend. You go girl!! Sooooo happy!!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Hey stranger! I am dancing and dancing!!!
    GREAT news!!!!

Thanks for checking in and sharing the WONDERFUL news!!!

Have fun on your trip!

Hugs, Kathi
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    DMC -
    Congratulations on dancing with NED - may it be long, slow and sweet! Your trip sounds awesome - please fill us in when you get back!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Woohoo!
    Please post when you come back to let us know all of your experiences!

Sue
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Doing a happy dance.. happy
    Doing a happy dance.. happy dance... happy dance... I'm doing a happy dance ... and doing it just for you!

Have a wonderful time....

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Happy for you!
    Welcome back, dmc emmy! So glad to hear your good news. I hope you are having a wonderful and relaxing time on your camping trip. Talk to you when you return.

Mimi
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome back!!
    Enjoy your well deserved trip. Have a wonderful time!!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    MyTurnNow said:

Welcome back!!
    Enjoy your well deserved trip. Have a wonderful time!!

Congratulations!!!
    Nice seeing you posting. Have a nice trip and good time