I finally met with oncologist

tjohnson2310
tjohnson2310 Member Posts: 168 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Diagnosed on 5/17/10 with IDC and DCIS.I traveled to MD Anderson(MDA) in Texas from Louisiana. It was not bad the drive was 2 hours. My first visit with the oncologist was on Monday. As I mentioned many times before I feel MDA is where I will be best served.I do not have confidence in the doctors in my hometown because I believe I was misdiagnosed. Anyway, I will have a boat load of test every day this week.Next week I see the doctor again for a plan of care. He says the process will take 7-8months. Most likely chemo to shrink the tumor then surgery and radiation therapy. I am so glad the ball is rolling and so far rolling in the right direction. Oh, yes I have learned to bring cross word puzzles to occupy my time.

Comments

• Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    I'm glad
    The ball is finally rolling. Was wondering where u were. Hope all goes well and u like the "team". Are you going to have to drive that 2 hrs all the time? I'm stupid at crosswords. My grandmother did the New York Sunday crosswords, wow! Crossword puzzle solving must not be genetic. LOL To bad.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Katz77 said:

I'm glad
    The ball is finally rolling. Was wondering where u were. Hope all goes well and u like the "team". Are you going to have to drive that 2 hrs all the time? I'm stupid at crosswords. My grandmother did the New York Sunday crosswords, wow! Crossword puzzle solving must not be genetic. LOL To bad.

thats great I am glad you
    thats great I am glad you feel comfortable wit MD Anderson and you can start your journey to recovery
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    carkris said:

thats great I am glad you feel comfortable wit MD Anderson and you can start your journey to recovery

Glad to see you have a plan.
    Glad to see you have a plan. I wish you the best. Puzzles, food and drink.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Glad to hear
    I know when I was diagnosed, it took awhile to get things started with treatment. I just kept thinking "Get this thing out of me!"

I'm glad you can finally start treatment.

P.S. You know, every time I went in for another round of chemo, my sister and I would visualize it like the wicked witch of the west in "The Wizard of Oz" when she was melting...remember that? Well, that was my tumor...melting!

Whatever visual works for you can really be beneficial.

Wishing you many blessings and peace~
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    sea60 said:

Glad to hear
    I know when I was diagnosed, it took awhile to get things started with treatment. I just kept thinking "Get this thing out of me!"

I'm glad you can finally start treatment.

P.S. You know, every time I went in for another round of chemo, my sister and I would visualize it like the wicked witch of the west in "The Wizard of Oz" when she was melting...remember that? Well, that was my tumor...melting!

Whatever visual works for you can really be beneficial.

Wishing you many blessings and peace~

I am glad it is getting started for you
    Will you be staying in TX this week for you tests or having them done in LA? Please keep us informed about what they are recommending and know that I am praying for you that all goes well. Love and hugs, Lorrie
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Balentine said:

I am glad it is getting started for you
    Will you be staying in TX this week for you tests or having them done in LA? Please keep us informed about what they are recommending and know that I am praying for you that all goes well. Love and hugs, Lorrie

Good luck with your
    Good luck with your tests!

Hugs, Leeza
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    TJ -
    Congratulations on getting things moving and positioning yourself with doctors you trust! It's got to be a relief just to know that you are getting treatment where you feel most confident. The morning before I got my diagnosis, I ordered a Kindle. I had debated for a couple of weeks whether I wanted to spend the money and my husband talked me into it. It goes with me everywhere now. Even when I am sitting in the office waiting for my weekly labs, it provides a welcome distraction. It's also how I measured getting through each round of chemo - once I got to the day where I could stay up and read for a while at night before bed, I knew that another round has passed. I hope all goes well at Anderson for you!
  • cvolk821
    cvolk821 Member Posts: 36
    Time Stands Still
    Didn't you feel frozen, like time was standing still, or everyone was moving in slow motion while you were waiting? Now that things are moving for you, you can mark your progress. Yes, crossword puzzles are a must. I blazed through a couple of those books myself.

You are moving now!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    carkris said:

Glad the ball is rolling
    Glad the ball is rolling now! MD Anderson is a great facility!

Good luck with your treatments!

Sue :)
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Glad to hear it
    It's always a relief to get a good team in place and start treatment. I'm glad you're on your way.

Mimi
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    cvolk821 said:

Time Stands Still
    Didn't you feel frozen, like time was standing still, or everyone was moving in slow motion while you were waiting? Now that things are moving for you, you can mark your progress. Yes, crossword puzzles are a must. I blazed through a couple of those books myself.

You are moving now!

Love crossword puzzles!
    Happy to know that everything is moving forward for you now! Good luck!

Hugs, Megan