my candle is glowing in wisconsin

heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i am surprised how emotional this candle lighting was for me. . . the thought that all of us across the country in our own homes or back yards, letting the flicker of a candle connect us in this way is truly amazing! thank you traci for thinking of this

Comments

• pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Emotional
    I agree....still wiping my eyes.

Patti
  • Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    Wisconsin
    Heidi,
    I am from Rice Lake, WI. We all glow up here. I think it is the Norhtern lights or something. Since I have gotten BC, I can't beleive how many peaople I have talked to that don't have a computer, or internet access? But I think there is alot. (I have talked to very many people who have gone through breast cancer who don't have internet access or a computer.) It is amazing on what they have missed out of. Don't know where in Wis you are, but we have a org called "Pink Ribbon Advocady" that does tons for BC people in Barron County. Are there any people in your county, or area who might like to join the Pink Ribbon Advocay? I am not sure if they are out searching for further places to put their funds, but they seem to be very interested in local outlets. (Any excess goes to the Karen K. Fund. ) But they have been a life saver to me, and many others I have spoken with. Not even sure of the person's names who run the org. They seem to leave that off anything. But couldn't hurt to explore new avenues. You can contact me on this board or at sharferg@hotmail.com. Maybe there is a way to do something that would benifit your area too. Don't know what we can do till we try! So let's give it a try!