What is a Warrior?

fauxma
fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I wrote this poem and posted it back in August of 2009. I thought that I would post it again.

What is a warrior?
I used to know.
It was a fierce person
Armed with a bow.
They’d fight off invaders
That threatened their lands.
With spears, with guns
And even their hands.
They wouldn’t stop fighting,
Until they won.
They wouldn’t give up,
Until they were done.
Now I see warriors
From so many places.
Facing cancer
With strong, brave faces.
Using chemo and rads
Make no mistakes.
They’ll get back their lives
Whatever it takes.
Cause this is a war
And they’re planning to win.
Each one a warrior
These women and men.
And now I know warriors
Are so much more.
Cause I was drafted
And I’m fighting this war.

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Well said!
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem. It's funny that you liken this to a war. I work for a military based company (USAA) and we always read about these courageous people and their experience with war. When I read them I can't help but liken it to battling cancer... very much like combat. It's a personal private war that we were all drafted in and hope to win.

Blessings and peace ~
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    sea60 said:

Well said!
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem. It's funny that you liken this to a war. I work for a military based company (USAA) and we always read about these courageous people and their experience with war. When I read them I can't help but liken it to battling cancer... very much like combat. It's a personal private war that we were all drafted in and hope to win.

Blessings and peace ~

Yes, well said!
    Thank you for your poem. It is so true. We have to fight. We have to press on and through. Thank you for sharing your gift with us.

Karinna
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Stef that is beautiful.
    Stef that is beautiful. thank you for sharing pink sister.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Stef! That was absolutely
    Stef! That was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I had no idea it was going to be a poem, and how poignant that poem was!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us; I really love it!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Fauxma -
    Beautiful thoughts - thank you for posting again!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Stef, how beautiful. Thanks
    Stef, how beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with us again. If only I was so talented as some of you brave warriors!!
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Loved your poem
    Thanks for posting it. You're a great poet. I wish I could write like that.
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Awesome!

Awesome!
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Spoken like a true warrior...
    Love it. Perfectly put.

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
  • debbie-Warrior
    debbie-Warrior Member Posts: 7
    A true Warrior
    We are in the battle for our lives .. We will When...We are confident ,well planned ,do whatever it takes... We do not give up...We ARE WARRIORS..My life Moto..I have enjoyed this site.. I am new to the site but not cancer... I will be a two year Warrior on July 2 !!!!!!!
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

A true Warrior
    We are in the battle for our lives .. We will When...We are confident ,well planned ,do whatever it takes... We do not give up...We ARE WARRIORS..My life Moto..I have enjoyed this site.. I am new to the site but not cancer... I will be a two year Warrior on July 2 !!!!!!!

Every warrior is drafted cus
    Every warrior is drafted cus no one would enlist.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    Well worth repeating, thank you my friend!

RE
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    RE said:

:-)
    Well worth repeating, thank you my friend!

RE

Beautiful!
    I love this poem too Stef! And, it was definitely worth sharing with us again!

Sue :)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Ritzy said:

Beautiful!
    I love this poem too Stef! And, it was definitely worth sharing with us again!

Sue :)

Stef .. I loved and will cherish this poem
    Thank you for describing so many journeys ... and giving me STRENGTH to move on.

VickiSam
  • John_32
    John_32 Member Posts: 71
    VickiSam said:

Stef .. I loved and will cherish this poem
    Thank you for describing so many journeys ... and giving me STRENGTH to move on.

VickiSam

My Aunt
    ...was a warrior against this terrible disease for more than a decade and fought this with every treatment that was available. She died today, but fought against it until the very end and was even scheduled for brain radiation next week, and I will always remember her strength.

John
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    John_32 said:

My Aunt
    ...was a warrior against this terrible disease for more than a decade and fought this with every treatment that was available. She died today, but fought against it until the very end and was even scheduled for brain radiation next week, and I will always remember her strength.

John

John, so sorry for your
    John, so sorry for your loss!! Your aunt sounds like an extraordinary lady. It really pisses me off as individuals continue to succumb to this disease that should have been cured long ago. But, unfortunately, until then, we will ALL continue to fight with everything we have available. Take care!