Do something special for your Cancerversary?

Options
crselby
crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
A year ago today I heard the words, "You have breast cancer" from my PCP. I consider this my cancerversary since, from that day forward, my life was changed.

What did you do for your cancerversary? I'm thinking of buying a cake with those horrible words on it, then slicing through it and stabbing it! (ooo, still in anger phase?)
~~Connie~~

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    For my 10th cancerversary we
    For my 10th cancerversary we went on a Carribean cruise with another couple. I have now been 23 years since my diagnosis. We will have to do something really special for my 25th. Maybe make an ugly pinata with cancer written on it and beat the tar out of it!
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    The day I realised I had
    The day I realised I had cancer was 5 days before I was told by the doctor. I was driving home and was listening to a very beautiful song that is filled with joy and longing. I had an image of bombs dropping and in the spaces where the bombs dropped very beautiful and brightly coloured flowers were popping up. Nothing could keep these flowers down, no matter how many bombs dropped. It was a very bitter sweet moment, a veil of naivity had just been removed and I knew that even with the cancer, there are moments of incredible beauty, even more beautiful than before because they happen in between the bombs dropping.

I would like to celebrate this, that is the recognition that no matter what happens in life there are moments of incredible beauty and I never want to forgot that. Thanks to the cancer for giving me the opportunity to sink deeper into my soul.

I like the idea of a cake, a really good chocolate cake and a bottle of champagne. Dang I haven't been able to really have a good drink in months (not that I drink much at all). And lazing on a warm beach ......a real vacation that I have not been able to have since the diagnosis last year.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

The day I realised I had
    The day I realised I had cancer was 5 days before I was told by the doctor. I was driving home and was listening to a very beautiful song that is filled with joy and longing. I had an image of bombs dropping and in the spaces where the bombs dropped very beautiful and brightly coloured flowers were popping up. Nothing could keep these flowers down, no matter how many bombs dropped. It was a very bitter sweet moment, a veil of naivity had just been removed and I knew that even with the cancer, there are moments of incredible beauty, even more beautiful than before because they happen in between the bombs dropping.

I would like to celebrate this, that is the recognition that no matter what happens in life there are moments of incredible beauty and I never want to forgot that. Thanks to the cancer for giving me the opportunity to sink deeper into my soul.

I like the idea of a cake, a really good chocolate cake and a bottle of champagne. Dang I haven't been able to really have a good drink in months (not that I drink much at all). And lazing on a warm beach ......a real vacation that I have not been able to have since the diagnosis last year.

My cancerversary isn't here
    My cancerversary isn't here yet :( I think I will celebrate it with a nice quiet dinner with my loving husband. And, I am not for sure which date I will celebrate. I don't think I want to "celebrate" the day I heard those 3 horrible words. So, maybe I will celebrate the last day I had rads. That was such a wonderful, touching day with my rads oncologist and all of the techs. Even the patients in the lobby made it a great day for me. Applauding as my hubby carried me out after my rads oncologist rang the bell for me. It was awesome.

I hope that all of you have a good and happy cancerversary whenever you celebrate it. I celebrate life everyday. I feel blessed to have gotten thru all that I did. I wish it hadn't of happened, but, it did and I am movingggggggggg on.

I like what someone wrote on here, and, I wish I could give them the credit.

It was "Cancer doesn't own me....I own Cancer." I always liked that.

Sue :)
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Ritzy said:

My cancerversary isn't here
    My cancerversary isn't here yet :( I think I will celebrate it with a nice quiet dinner with my loving husband. And, I am not for sure which date I will celebrate. I don't think I want to "celebrate" the day I heard those 3 horrible words. So, maybe I will celebrate the last day I had rads. That was such a wonderful, touching day with my rads oncologist and all of the techs. Even the patients in the lobby made it a great day for me. Applauding as my hubby carried me out after my rads oncologist rang the bell for me. It was awesome.

I hope that all of you have a good and happy cancerversary whenever you celebrate it. I celebrate life everyday. I feel blessed to have gotten thru all that I did. I wish it hadn't of happened, but, it did and I am movingggggggggg on.

I like what someone wrote on here, and, I wish I could give them the credit.

It was "Cancer doesn't own me....I own Cancer." I always liked that.

Sue :)

I do not celebrate diagnosis
    I celebrate mastectomy when tumor was removed. It is personal. On the date of discovery of my lump I reflect on my life and how I have changed since I have had it.
    Yes, we celebrate life everyday.
    Hugs
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    The day I was told that I
    The day I was told that I had b/c