Survivor Story

cancer survivor x 4
cancer survivor x 4 Member Posts: 177
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello Ladies,
this is my 89 year old grandmother, who was born in 1921. The handsome fellow beside her is my 13 year old son, Tony. My grandmother's name is Beatrice. She had ovarian cancer in some year that she does not remember. They took out her ovary and her appendix. No treatment. She has had Stage 1 breast cancer 5 times. The last time being 2 years ago, when I had it, the last time. She is a beautiful woman and we love her very much. We lost her daughter, my mother, 13 years ago to ovarian cancer. All 3 of us carry the BRAC gene. She says she is alive today because of her faith. She is glowing with faith and love for the lord. I wish I could be like her, but she says I am, because I am a 4 time cancer survivor, so far. I am 1 year and 3 days NED from ovarian cancer. I have had breast cancer 3 times and am a 20 year survivor. I sure am tired from all of this, but feel very blessed. I have met many ladies who had ovarian cancer back in the 1960's and all they had was surgery and no other treatment. I don't get it. They are still around today, but the only reason I even met them was because they have breast cancer now. Anyway, I just wanted to share my grandmother's story. She would die if she knew I put a picture of her on the computer in her housecoat/bath robe. Thank-You, Paula

Comments

• azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    She is beautiful
    wonderful story thanks for sharing
  • kathryn1
    kathryn1 Member Posts: 88 Member
    Grandma
    She is just beautiful! And your son is too handsome!
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Lovely story
    Thank-you for sharing your heart warming story. I really loved reading it and it you all are so brave to have battled cancer and are able to talk about it and post your stories here on the boards.

Tina