Let's light candles to life on Wednesday evening

Comments

• pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    You bet!!
    What a great idea Traci! Will be lighting my candle at 7:00 EST. It's making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Love you all!

Patti
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    pattimc said:

You bet!!
    What a great idea Traci! Will be lighting my candle at 7:00 EST. It's making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Love you all!

Patti

Lighting up
    the candle, that is:)

And thinking of all of us, thinking about unity, thinking about all that is good and worthwhile in this universe, and the healing power of hope!!!

Victoria
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    aisling8 said:

Lighting up
    the candle, that is:)

And thinking of all of us, thinking about unity, thinking about all that is good and worthwhile in this universe, and the healing power of hope!!!

Victoria

I'll be lighting my candle
    I'll be lighting my candle here in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee....and thinking of you all...
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

I'll be lighting my candle
    I'll be lighting my candle here in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee....and thinking of you all...

I will be lighting up on
    I will be lighting up on Wednesday, a candle that is. What a wonderful idea. I love it. Traci, you are inspired.
    Stef
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Traci... I just love this
    Traci... I just love this idea!!! Absolutely count me in 7 PM central I will be lighting my candle....

Hey...looking out from space, maybe someone could connect the dots... uniting us once again!

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Traci I have my candle ready
    Traci I have my candle ready for 7pm wed Nite. This is a wonderful idea. I finished rads today. I'm baked and pooped but hope to live each day to the fullest. This candle will remind me to keep on keeping on.

Some of you in the Tampa area and Arizona may have read about a plane crash which took an entire family of 4 last Friday. Their piper crashed into a school building in a small town in Arizona and the entire family, mom, dad, and 2 daughters ages 16 and 6 perished. We knew the family and found out about it in the newspaper this morning. As I celebrated the completion of my treatment today, I read this terrible news and it confirmed even more the importance of living life to the fullest each and every day. My candle will burn brightly in celebration of life.
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    natly15 said:

Traci I have my candle ready for 7pm wed Nite. This is a wonderful idea. I finished rads today. I'm baked and pooped but hope to live each day to the fullest. This candle will remind me to keep on keeping on.

Some of you in the Tampa area and Arizona may have read about a plane crash which took an entire family of 4 last Friday. Their piper crashed into a school building in a small town in Arizona and the entire family, mom, dad, and 2 daughters ages 16 and 6 perished. We knew the family and found out about it in the newspaper this morning. As I celebrated the completion of my treatment today, I read this terrible news and it confirmed even more the importance of living life to the fullest each and every day. My candle will burn brightly in celebration of life.

like Ayse said
    It's almost time, here in AZ. I dedicate my candle to the brave, the scared, the hopeful, the desolate, the struggling, the REAL WOMEN, on this site and all around the world who are dealing with this disease.

Like Ayse said, I wish that for one day all those afflicted with breast cancer were lit up like a light bulb, or that we would all wear white, to show the world just how many women (and their families) are fighting the fight. Should we march in a parade on the mall in Washington, D.C. to bring attention to the matter? That has worked for Gays!

Here's to all of us! From our candles and lips to God's eyes and ears....

~~Connie~~
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    chenheart said:

That is sooo beautiful ,
    That is sooo beautiful , Rague~ what a meaningful ceremony.
    A loving tribute, indeed.

I must say that I also appreciate the sage and tobacco~ Reggie sages me before each Drs appointment; and we toss tobacco into either a fire or let it fly with our hopes, prayers and dreams over the ocean waves. It is powerful, isn't it?

In solidarity with you on Wednesday night!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Sage...
    Before re-visiting this thread tonight, I had already decided to use a brand new candle - scent: Summer Sage - tomorrow evening, Wednesday, @ 7:00pm. I thought it would be perfect; now, I know it will be.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    crselby said:

like Ayse said
    It's almost time, here in AZ. I dedicate my candle to the brave, the scared, the hopeful, the desolate, the struggling, the REAL WOMEN, on this site and all around the world who are dealing with this disease.

Like Ayse said, I wish that for one day all those afflicted with breast cancer were lit up like a light bulb, or that we would all wear white, to show the world just how many women (and their families) are fighting the fight. Should we march in a parade on the mall in Washington, D.C. to bring attention to the matter? That has worked for Gays!

~~Connie~~

Natly I am sorry you lost
    Natly I am sorry you lost your friends.
    congratualtions on finishing rads, bittersweet, but a huge accomplishment!!!!!
    We have posted on FB too, asking people to join. Traci your eloquent words are really poetry, you voiced what we are feeling, and helped us to mobilize to put our feelings into action!!
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    crselby said:

like Ayse said

~~Connie~~

Such beautiful ideas
    I'm so honored and humbled by all the beautiful ways you're all making this little ritual your own, building it with pieces of your own hearts.

In my faith tradition, we light a flame inside a chalice at the beginning of every worship service and church gathering, to mark our time together as sacred time. I have a small chalice of my own on my mantle which I rarely light -- but lighting our candles tomorrow evening will definitely be sacred time, so I'll light my chalice in honor of all of you and our walk together through all that life brings.

Traci
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Count me in
    Count me in as well. I will be lighting my Gardenia scented (my favorite) candle way out here in Bend, Oregon. I know we will brighten our world with this great idea.
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    ladyg said:

Count me in
    Count me in as well. I will be lighting my Gardenia scented (my favorite) candle way out here in Bend, Oregon. I know we will brighten our world with this great idea.

4 more
    "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine." Count me in as well as my daughter, Rachel, my mom, Betty, and my sister, Brenda. That's four more of us for the "LIGHTS OF HOPE". We'll be in Evansville, IN.
  • svillalobos01
    svillalobos01 Member Posts: 15

What a kind thing to do.................
    Count me in I'll be there with all of you, saying my prayers for each and everyone of us.

Thaks Traci, Love Ronda

Candle
    Rhonda, my candle and prayers will be for everyone but one will be especially for you.
  • svillalobos01
    svillalobos01 Member Posts: 15
    TraciInLA said:

Such beautiful ideas
    I'm so honored and humbled by all the beautiful ways you're all making this little ritual your own, building it with pieces of your own hearts.

In my faith tradition, we light a flame inside a chalice at the beginning of every worship service and church gathering, to mark our time together as sacred time. I have a small chalice of my own on my mantle which I rarely light -- but lighting our candles tomorrow evening will definitely be sacred time, so I'll light my chalice in honor of all of you and our walk together through all that life brings.

Traci

Phoenix, AZ

C'mon all you gals from Phoenix, AZ, let's lit a candle for all and each one of us, we deserve the light!!! Traci, you are amazing!!!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    natly15 said:

((((((HUGS))))) sweet Natly!
    ((((((HUGS))))) sweet Natly! I am so sorry that you lost your friends, and in such a horrific way. I will think of you and your friends tomorrow when I light my candle.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42

4 more
    "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine." Count me in as well as my daughter, Rachel, my mom, Betty, and my sister, Brenda. That's four more of us for the "LIGHTS OF HOPE". We'll be in Evansville, IN.

I am really looking forward
    I am really looking forward to the kinship tomorrow night, lighting my candle, praying, knowing that so many of you will be doing the same.

karinna
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    karinna said:

I am really looking forward
    I am really looking forward to the kinship tomorrow night, lighting my candle, praying, knowing that so many of you will be doing the same.

karinna

I'm 'lighting up' too.
    My

I'm 'lighting up' too.

My light will shine brightly in the midwest!

Love and hugs to you all.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Such beautiful ideas

Traci

This is what I will be
    This is what I will be singing when I light my candle. My love for all on this site.

I'll be your candle on the water
    My love for you will always burn
    I know you're lost and drifting
    But the clouds are lifting
    Don't give up you'll have somewhere to turn

'Till ev'ry wave is warm and bright
    My soul is there beside you
    Let this candle guide you
    Soon you'll see a golden stream of light

A cold and friendless tide has found you
    Don't let the stormy darkness pull you down
    I'll paint a ray of hope around you
    Circling in the air
    Lighted by a prayer

This flame inside of me will grow
    Keep holding on you'll make it
    Here's my hand so take it
    Look for me reaching out to show
    As sure as rivers flow
    I'll never let you go
    I'll never let you go
    I'll never let you go...

And Traci, are you a UU?

Stef
  • joan_doyle
    joan_doyle Member Posts: 29

I'm 'lighting up' too.
    My

I'm 'lighting up' too.

My light will shine brightly in the midwest!

Love and hugs to you all.

Love the Idea
    I will be lighting a Candle from Dublin Ireland this is such a lovely idea
    Cheers Joan
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    AWESOME!!!!!I will light up
    AWESOME!!!!!I will light up Iowa for all my pink sisters
    Kathie