Friday my daughter gets her first mammogram

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My 28 year old daughter gets her first mammogram this Friday. Anyone who has read my posts knows that I have a really sucky family history (2 sisters with breast cancer, father with colon cancer, grandmother with breast cancer, etc.). I was just 33 when I was first diagnosed. Please send prayers, positive vibes, happy thoughts or whatever you can spare us on Friday.

Comments

• karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    Hello, Cynthia. I will pray
    Hello, Cynthia. I will pray for your daughter, for great results and that she will break the cycle in your family!

Want to hear something funny? I've been trying to think of what to use for a picture for me. Everyone has such cute pictures. I looked at yours and suddenly thought of taking a picture of me by the pond, blue sky, green trees, holding up my fake b---, uh prostetic device. Think I should just for ha ha's?

Blessings,
    Karinna
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    One thing about love,
    One thing about love, well-wishes, positive thoughts, empathy, and prayers....we never run out! It is amazingly self-renewing and replenishes itself the more we give of it and ourselves. So, no need to wonder if we have anything to spare for your sweet daughter, we have more courage than she will ever need! And trust me...I have been the recipient lately, so I know!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    karinna said:

Hello, Cynthia. I will pray for your daughter, for great results and that she will break the cycle in your family!

Want to hear something funny? I've been trying to think of what to use for a picture for me. Everyone has such cute pictures. I looked at yours and suddenly thought of taking a picture of me by the pond, blue sky, green trees, holding up my fake b---, uh prostetic device. Think I should just for ha ha's?

Blessings,
    Karinna

Go for it Karinna...we all
    Go for it Karinna...we all need the laughs in here!

I have daughters also and i always tell them to do self-checks now...so far i think they do cuz they are scared they could get bc too...but the oldest is in her mid 20's....so when do they need to start getting mammograms?
    Cynthia hope all comes out well for your daughter!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    chenheart said:

One thing about love,
    One thing about love, well-wishes, positive thoughts, empathy, and prayers....we never run out! It is amazingly self-renewing and replenishes itself the more we give of it and ourselves. So, no need to wonder if we have anything to spare for your sweet daughter, we have more courage than she will ever need! And trust me...I have been the recipient lately, so I know!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Sending big prayers and lots
    Sending big prayers and lots of hugs to your daughter! We are very good at that!

Hugs, Megan
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Sending good thought and
    Sending good thought and clean scan results your way. Like Chen said, we have plenty to go around and around and around.

Karinna, yes that picture sounds just like what we all need. Can't wait!
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Cynthia -
    Many well wishes for your daughter. I know it must be scary for her to start so young but she is showing her strength by being proactive. Here's to celebrations on Friday!
  • CypressCynthia
    karinna said:

Blessings,
    Karinna

Karinna, you are a riot!
    Karinna, you are a riot! That's a sand dollar in my hand, but it is about the size my real boobies used to be before reconstruction ;-)
  • CypressCynthia

Cynthia -
    Many well wishes for your daughter. I know it must be scary for her to start so young but she is showing her strength by being proactive. Here's to celebrations on Friday!

Thanks for all of the
    Thanks for all of the positive thoughts and prayers. I know they will help. My daughter is kind of a hypochondriac about everything EXCEPT cancer. I asked her one time why that was and she replied, "because you seem to be fine and I spit at cancer!". My sentiments exactly--I too spit at cancer!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Thanks for all of the
    Thanks for all of the positive thoughts and prayers. I know they will help. My daughter is kind of a hypochondriac about everything EXCEPT cancer. I asked her one time why that was and she replied, "because you seem to be fine and I spit at cancer!". My sentiments exactly--I too spit at cancer!

Sending positive thoughts
    Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Kat11 said:

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Good luck
    Sending positive thoughts to your and your daughter's way. Please let us know that her baseline was clear.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    I will send prayers on
    I will send prayers on Friday...good vibes and happy thoughts, as well. xoxoxo Lynn
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Pushing, shoving all my
    Pushing, shoving all my positive energy to you and ur daughter. Sure it will be a good result. Cyber hugs and prayers to you both.
  • CypressCynthia
    Katz77 said:

Pushing, shoving all my
    Pushing, shoving all my positive energy to you and ur daughter. Sure it will be a good result. Cyber hugs and prayers to you both.

Thank you for all of the
    Thank you for all of the warm wishes. They are just wrapping around us like a big hug. Thanks!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    lynn1950 said:

I will send prayers on
    I will send prayers on Friday...good vibes and happy thoughts, as well. xoxoxo Lynn

Prayers for your daughter!
    Prayers for your daughter!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Thank you for all of the
    Thank you for all of the warm wishes. They are just wrapping around us like a big hug. Thanks!

Sending positive thoughts and lots of prayers!

Hugs, Angie