hair loss during Taxol chemo

mariam_11_09
mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my last AC treatment 5/5 and started Taxol 6/5 (had 2 so far). I needed a break in between for my the sake of my own sanity and the Onc agreed. Anyway, my hair thinned out considerably during AC and I had my head shaved. However recently it has started growing back in and I was wondering if it would fall out again with the Taxol. Anybody got any ideas?

BTW: I did read the other post about not covering ones head will help the hair grow back. I have almost given up putting anything on my head, it has been too hot and I couldn't be bothered. I have also been taking plenty of Vit. B complex.

Comments

• gelovime
    gelovime Member Posts: 15
    Hair loss during taxol
    Hi Miriam how are you, my name is Loren and I am in the same protocol as you. I had AC first and I am on my 5 of taxol...and since I started taxol, my hair is growing back very slowly and thin, it looks like a baby hair... I am wondering the same as you, my dr told me It was going to grow "a little" but I don't know how much is " a little"...I hope it keeps growing and getting stronger!!!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    gelovime said:

Hair loss during taxol
    Hi Miriam how are you, my name is Loren and I am in the same protocol as you. I had AC first and I am on my 5 of taxol...and since I started taxol, my hair is growing back very slowly and thin, it looks like a baby hair... I am wondering the same as you, my dr told me It was going to grow "a little" but I don't know how much is " a little"...I hope it keeps growing and getting stronger!!!

Can't help you with this
    Can't help you with this one. I lost my hair with AC and I stayed Bald through Taxol as well.