Storms roll... but hope is undiminished

taleena
taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Some of you know me... most of you who are newer don't ... I'm sorry... I have been in the back ground, reading the support that flows from one member to another... praying each day for all of you... all of us...

This place has a special place in my heart, you all do. This is where I found hope, encouragement, acceptance... a place I was allowed to express my anger, my fear... and lord knows my frustration...

What I learned here... to live... that there is life, not only after cancer, but during the battle... each day is a victory for all of us... no matter where we are in our treatment... whether your newly dx'd... or one of the ones I admire as a long term survivor... or some where in between... like me... we celebrate a vicotry... we are here to hug those we love... to feel the sunshine on our faces... to smell the air after a rain... to support eachother.

Outside the rain is pounding... thunder roars over head... it kind of matched my mood... angry... angry that each day there is a new member having to join after hearing those dreaded words...angry that those who have fought this damned beast have to fight again... angry that each of us has a need to be here... but when I sign in.. and I see all the love, support, encouragement... my heart is lightened... because there is "US" .. because there is hope... and nothing... and no one can take that way from us.

My heartfelt love to all of you

♥ & hugs,

~T

Comments

• greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Taleena
    Thank you for your post - you also have a very eloquent way of putting into words what many of us are feeling and it helps. I was telling my husband last night what has been going on the last couple of weeks and he was very upset that I was upset (I just had my last chemo so this is supposed to be celebration number #1). he told me that maybe I should stop coming on the board. I had to explain that, yes there are down times, but it is because we go through so much together and care about each other. I had visited other sites before this one but did not find the love, support, reality and caring on this site. I have learned so much, laughed, been inspired and cried. Most of all, I have found a sisterhood that UNDERSTANDS - the good, the great, and the ugly. And I have been inspired to get through each day and live my life by seeing others do so.

Thank you for understanding and for giving us all words of hope!

Chris
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393

Taleena
    Thank you for your post - you also have a very eloquent way of putting into words what many of us are feeling and it helps. I was telling my husband last night what has been going on the last couple of weeks and he was very upset that I was upset (I just had my last chemo so this is supposed to be celebration number #1). he told me that maybe I should stop coming on the board. I had to explain that, yes there are down times, but it is because we go through so much together and care about each other. I had visited other sites before this one but did not find the love, support, reality and caring on this site. I have learned so much, laughed, been inspired and cried. Most of all, I have found a sisterhood that UNDERSTANDS - the good, the great, and the ugly. And I have been inspired to get through each day and live my life by seeing others do so.

Chris

Amen Sister
    Taleena thanks so much for your post and I ditto that! We have to keep fighting and supporting one another. We cannot give up hope! We have to find our strength in God and His promises...knowing He is in control and trust Him regardless of what happens...but never, never give up! Look for the little things in life that God shows us everyday to light up our day. It is the simple things in life that gives us the most happiness...those are the things we have to look for everyday and those are the things that will get us to tomorrow. Be blessed and receive the peace of God which surpasses all understanding.
    Lorrie
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member

Taleena

Chris

Congratulations on completing Chemo
    Thank you Taleena for saying what we are feeling. Congrats to you Chris on your Chemo grad. enjoy!
    Hugs, K
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    live like a dog
    Sometimes I think I shouldn't be posting any more because it's been 7 years and the cancer experience is over. Other illness is what occupies my energy these days. So mostly have just been reading till I find a thread that I should answer. It really disappoints me when someone has a recurrence. Like you can never let your guard down. Tiring. I guess I'll keep checking in even tho I don't say much. I read once we should live like a dog. They live in the moment. So don't live in the past or the future.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Marcia527 said:

live like a dog
    Sometimes I think I shouldn't be posting any more because it's been 7 years and the cancer experience is over. Other illness is what occupies my energy these days. So mostly have just been reading till I find a thread that I should answer. It really disappoints me when someone has a recurrence. Like you can never let your guard down. Tiring. I guess I'll keep checking in even tho I don't say much. I read once we should live like a dog. They live in the moment. So don't live in the past or the future.

T and Marcia
    Well said T , you need to pop in more. Marcia, your wrong about not posting after 7 years. It's you and the other long term survivors that continue to give us followers hope and we need your experience.
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Love it.
    You think it's true

Love it.

You think it's true that great minds think alike?

Hugs

Donna
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Taleena, this is a very
    Taleena, this is a very powerful post. I agree with you, living, loving and hope will get us through this along with all of "Us". Beautiful, thanks for sharing.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Marcia527 said:

live like a dog

Marcia....don't stop...nice to hear from you!!!
    BTW a bit of a naughty joke about dogs:

The husband said 'My wife and I have a relationship like dogs:

I beg,

she rolls over and plays dead'

Sorry if this offended, but the dog thing reminded me...lol!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Don't stop checking in...
    We are family!!!

Nice to 'see' you!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    So well put, T...
    Can't add a word, friend.

Susan xo
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    KathiM said:

Marcia....don't stop...nice to hear from you!!!
    BTW a bit of a naughty joke about dogs:

The husband said 'My wife and I have a relationship like dogs:

I beg,

she rolls over and plays dead'

Sorry if this offended, but the dog thing reminded me...lol!

Hugs, Kathi

Can't stop now
    I won't stop posting because about the time I think about it I see a thread that I should answer and so I'll probably just continue. Does that mean I'm addicted or what?
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    thank you ~T
    for voicing so eloquently what we have all been feeling, especially throughout this last week.
    So all I can say is "right back atcha"!
    Cat
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    KINSHIP INDEED
    ~T~ thank you for posting this as you are so on the mark with you comments, we are one in spirit on this board and even if it is only via the web we still have each others back and that is a very strong bond. I too do not post with the frequency I once did, I do read them and occasionally put my 2 cents in but normally it is not necessary. But I am here and I will remain, popping in now and again. Love to all!

RE
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    RE said:

KINSHIP INDEED
    ~T~ thank you for posting this as you are so on the mark with you comments, we are one in spirit on this board and even if it is only via the web we still have each others back and that is a very strong bond. I too do not post with the frequency I once did, I do read them and occasionally put my 2 cents in but normally it is not necessary. But I am here and I will remain, popping in now and again. Love to all!

RE

Taleena nicely
    Taleena nicely said

Marcia,Re and others keep posting I have learned more from the bc sisterhood than I have from my drs.
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613

Taleena nicely
    Taleena nicely said

Marcia,Re and others keep posting I have learned more from the bc sisterhood than I have from my drs.

T, thanks for saying this so
    T, thanks for saying this so eloquently.

Joyce
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    T
    That was so beautifully put it brought tears to my eyes. I also feel comfort coming back to this board when i am feeling troubled or lonely. There is a connection here that can't be denied. I love each and everyone of you.
    God Bless,
    Jackie