Let's light candles to life on Wednesday evening

Comments

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Traci
    That is such a great Ideal.I will have my candle lit at 7.00.We and meditate and think of all our dear sisters in pink.Thank you for that. Love and prayers.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    karinna said:

I'm going to go out tomorrow
    I'm going to go out tomorrow and buy a new candle for Wed night. It is a special occassion. Thank you for thinking of this idea, Traci.

Karinna

What a good idea I had!
    I'm SO happy so many of you like this idea!

Karinna, that's just why I chose Wednesday, instead of tomorrow -- I thought some of you might want to buy a special candle (or might simply have no candles in the house!).

Meena, when you feel lost, please just look for all of us -- you will have at least 20 candles (and counting) to help you find your way.

m-star, I'm hoping you're out there? We need you to start us off in England, where it will be 7:00 first!

Can whoever starts us out (whether in England or on the East Coast) start a new thread at 7:00 on Wednesday evening, so that we can follow all the candles as they are lit?

I'll be singing "This Little Light of Mine"!

Traci
  • arkansasgirl
    arkansasgirl Member Posts: 84
    Here you go again!!!! lol
    Hi TracilnLA

You really know how to brighten our days and keep us going. I love reading your posts.
    I was keeping a close watch on how many responses you've had and you are on the top. lol
    I've not posted this but I will go a head and share this with you and everyone that reads.
    I had a CT scan - drank 2 bottles of chalk - YUK YUK and got dye injected in April
    because of some pain I had been having. Well since my PET scan FEB 1st I have a 2cm mass
    sitting at the right side of my liver. But not on the liver. My onc said he thinks its
    a cyst. My blood work is good so that makes me feel a little better but I'm still a nervous wreck. I will be having a MRI within the next month. After reading some of the
    other posts I can imagine what they are going through. This xxxx disease just won't give up. But I got news for it, we will not give up either so the fight is on.

As for the candle it will be lit. I just wished I was in Arkansas on top of the mountain where my picture was taken and the whole state could see that we stand in unity for a cure
    to this deadly disease. Not only the ones on the board but for every woman in every state to lite up.

God Bless You!

ARKANSASGIRL
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member

Here you go again!!!! lol
    Hi TracilnLA

You really know how to brighten our days and keep us going. I love reading your posts.
    I was keeping a close watch on how many responses you've had and you are on the top. lol
    I've not posted this but I will go a head and share this with you and everyone that reads.
    I had a CT scan - drank 2 bottles of chalk - YUK YUK and got dye injected in April
    because of some pain I had been having. Well since my PET scan FEB 1st I have a 2cm mass
    sitting at the right side of my liver. But not on the liver. My onc said he thinks its
    a cyst. My blood work is good so that makes me feel a little better but I'm still a nervous wreck. I will be having a MRI within the next month. After reading some of the
    other posts I can imagine what they are going through. This xxxx disease just won't give up. But I got news for it, we will not give up either so the fight is on.

As for the candle it will be lit. I just wished I was in Arkansas on top of the mountain where my picture was taken and the whole state could see that we stand in unity for a cure
    to this deadly disease. Not only the ones on the board but for every woman in every state to lite up.

God Bless You!

ARKANSASGIRL

There'll be light in the South west!
    Traci,

Thank you for lighting the way. What a wonderful way to connect everyone.
    I still can't believe there are so many of us.

I sometimes wonder what if for one day every woman fighting cancer, left her
    wig, scarf, hat- at home. And everyone knew that that was the day, how many
    would I encounter in the course of my day?

Ayse
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Thank you, Traci...
    For this beautifully meaningful idea. Of course, I'll have a candle lit @ 7:00pm on Wednesday - for all of us here. Each and every one.

Kind regards, Susan
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Traci, I, too, think this is
    Traci, I, too, think this is a beautiful idea. Can I be a little different though? I am in Florida but don't get home on Wednesday's until 7:40ish. So, when you see that extra light pop on on the east coast you'll know it's me. Maybe I'll get a new "special" candle and one with several wicks in it. Wouldn't that make for a brighter light?

We will all walk this walk hand in hand and be led by the light and love of our kindred spirits!!
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165

Thank you, Traci...
    For this beautifully meaningful idea. Of course, I'll have a candle lit @ 7:00pm on Wednesday - for all of us here. Each and every one.

Kind regards, Susan

My candle will be lit, 7
    My candle will be lit, 7 EST.
    Deb
  • wendybia
    wendybia Member Posts: 73
    northeast check in

great idea, I'm in from Connecticut
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Candle Candle
    Candles Candles Burning Bright
    Shine on Us This Wednesday Night
    Fill the sky with a soft warm glow
    While we do battle here below
    So light your candles, start in the East
    And May we all conquer this ugly beast

I know I'm not a poet, this is the best I could do - I even stole the first line from a children't Advent hymn. But the thought is there and I will hold my candle high here in Central Maryland.

Love you all and thanks Traci, this is a great idea!

Pat
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    candles
    I will join too Traci. I think we all have poetry in us, it just comes out differently. Yours is in your wonderful ideas. Mine is just bad poetry...but the meaning is there.

I will light a candle for those that were just diagnosed, another for those in treatment, one more for those in recovery, a fourth for those in remission, a fifth for those with recurrence/mets and a final one for those we have lost. Did I miss any? Hope I don't start a fire.

Cat
  • Mariannemm
    Mariannemm Member Posts: 136
    Love it!
    I am also having a tough week so lighting a candle will be a joy and to know I am not alone is even better. I am at the end of my Taxol treatments and getting ready for radiation. I have been having some back pain for the last 3 weeks, so off for a bone scan on Friday just to make sure. I had an x-ray last week which showed nothing. We had to remove my PICC line this week due to swelling in my arm, but only 1 treatment left so I will just have to get poked for that one. I will do anything to get that last one over and done with! I am on the west coast, Oregon, I will light it at 7pm and let it burn till I go to bed! Hugs to all of you! Marianne
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I have a very special candle
    I didn't post last night because IO wanted to be sure I could find Norma's candle - I did this morn.

Norma was a very special friend who lost her very long battle with BC 8 yrs ago. She had lost both of her daughters to the Evil Monster but I've known very few people who were as fantastic and positive about life and living every minute to it's most. Norma's candle has already been dedicated to her at a Women's Retreat in a ceremony the last night. We had both (along with several other friends from our Women's Vet group) had attended these Retreats for several years. The last night there is a candle lighting ceremony at the start of the ceremony and it is up to you what your reasons are for lighting your candle and rather you need to keep your 'reason' private or make it public - I dedicated mine to her. That year we had a 'kiddy pool' in the middle of the circle and used floating candles. After the ceremony is over the candles are extinguished and you can get yours. So I will stitting at a very special (to me) spot on Rapid Creek. I will have to take a bucket and fill it with water as the creek is running too fast now to put the candle in it now. I will also be putting some sage and tobacco in the creek.

Sorry for going on so and I hope it makes some sense - but I felt I needed to - so I did.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Love it!
    Traci, my sister was a candle fanatic and I inherited a lot of her's so I most certainly will lite mine at 7:00, I'll even take a photo and post it. Hugs to all my sisters in pink.

RE
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    MyTurnNow said:

Traci, I, too, think this is
    Traci, I, too, think this is a beautiful idea. Can I be a little different though? I am in Florida but don't get home on Wednesday's until 7:40ish. So, when you see that extra light pop on on the east coast you'll know it's me. Maybe I'll get a new "special" candle and one with several wicks in it. Wouldn't that make for a brighter light?

We will all walk this walk hand in hand and be led by the light and love of our kindred spirits!!

I have a collection of those
    I have a collection of those "look like candles" complete with flickering lights. but are not wax, and don't need to be lit~ I got some to line my walkway at Thanksgiving, when it is dark ( and windy) for guests coming to the house. I also use them around the bathtub
    Just thinking, if you have any of those, you could even "light" that one in the car on your way home so as not to miss the 7PM start! Not that it truly makes any difference at all~ but I was just thinking!

Oh~ I hope none of you minds, but I told my two sisters about this wonderful Wednesday, and they too are going to light candles in honor of all of us! They feel that they can support not just me, who they are terribly worried about, but that they are making a public, loving statement about being connected to all of us.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Rague said:

I have a very special candle
    I didn't post last night because IO wanted to be sure I could find Norma's candle - I did this morn.

Norma was a very special friend who lost her very long battle with BC 8 yrs ago. She had lost both of her daughters to the Evil Monster but I've known very few people who were as fantastic and positive about life and living every minute to it's most. Norma's candle has already been dedicated to her at a Women's Retreat in a ceremony the last night. We had both (along with several other friends from our Women's Vet group) had attended these Retreats for several years. The last night there is a candle lighting ceremony at the start of the ceremony and it is up to you what your reasons are for lighting your candle and rather you need to keep your 'reason' private or make it public - I dedicated mine to her. That year we had a 'kiddy pool' in the middle of the circle and used floating candles. After the ceremony is over the candles are extinguished and you can get yours. So I will stitting at a very special (to me) spot on Rapid Creek. I will have to take a bucket and fill it with water as the creek is running too fast now to put the candle in it now. I will also be putting some sage and tobacco in the creek.

Sorry for going on so and I hope it makes some sense - but I felt I needed to - so I did.

That is sooo beautiful ,
    That is sooo beautiful , Rague~ what a meaningful ceremony.
    A loving tribute, indeed.

I must say that I also appreciate the sage and tobacco~ Reggie sages me before each Drs appointment; and we toss tobacco into either a fire or let it fly with our hopes, prayers and dreams over the ocean waves. It is powerful, isn't it?

In solidarity with you on Wednesday night!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    What a Great idea, Traci!
    What a Great idea, Traci! Will have mine ready to light come Wednesday.
    BL
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

What a Great idea, Traci!
    What a Great idea, Traci! Will have mine ready to light come Wednesday.
    BL

What a great post Traci!
    The world will be lit up with all of our candles to celebrate LIFE!

Love, Megan
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    How beautiful and thoughtful
    How beautiful and thoughtful Traci. Of course I would love to join everyone in this beautiful ceremony. Count me in.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    chenheart said:

I have a collection of those
    I have a collection of those "look like candles" complete with flickering lights. but are not wax, and don't need to be lit~ I got some to line my walkway at Thanksgiving, when it is dark ( and windy) for guests coming to the house. I also use them around the bathtub
    Just thinking, if you have any of those, you could even "light" that one in the car on your way home so as not to miss the 7PM start! Not that it truly makes any difference at all~ but I was just thinking!

Oh~ I hope none of you minds, but I told my two sisters about this wonderful Wednesday, and they too are going to light candles in honor of all of us! They feel that they can support not just me, who they are terribly worried about, but that they are making a public, loving statement about being connected to all of us.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Good idea, Chen. I will
    Good idea, Chen. I will actually be in my Jazzercise class (6:30 - 7:30) and I might just take my candle there and light it at 7:00. The ladies in my center have been very supportive of me and a couple of my instructors as well as friends I made there walked with me last year in my first Making Strides. They are truly wonderful and I'm sure could appreciate the sentiment behind our candle lighting. So, if it gets a little dark on the east coast around 7:35 - 7:45, it's only because my candle was put out temporarily, and will be lit again when I get home.
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Traci -
    Beautiful idea - I will be there!