Surgical tape glue

GregStahl
GregStahl Member Posts: 188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anyone have suggestions on how to get rid of the glue left behind from the bandaging? It was on for 3 days after surgery, and its everywhere....armpits are the worst for her.
We have tried rubbing alcohol in some areas, soap, lotions, scrubbing best we can without hurting her....duct tape wouldnt leave this kind of mess behind. Its starting to irritate some areas.

Comments

• abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    peanut butter gets gum out of hair
    Have you tried oils or fats? Worth a shot.

Good luck!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Found this online-hope it helps
    Rub baby oil onto the adhesive left behind by the bandage. Baby oil loosens the hold the glue has on skin and hair. Run hot water over a washcloth. Apply the hot washcloth to the adhesive and oil on the skin. Allow the hot washcloth to remain on the skin for 5 minutes. Remove the washcloth, and wash the area with warm water and a mild soap. Rinse the soap and oil from the area. If small particles of adhesive remain on the skin, repeat the oil and hot washcloth process.

Read more: How do I remove bandage glue from skin? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2079651#ixzz0qreWEbBB
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Found this online-hope it helps
    Rub baby oil onto the adhesive left behind by the bandage. Baby oil loosens the hold the glue has on skin and hair. Run hot water over a washcloth. Apply the hot washcloth to the adhesive and oil on the skin. Allow the hot washcloth to remain on the skin for 5 minutes. Remove the washcloth, and wash the area with warm water and a mild soap. Rinse the soap and oil from the area. If small particles of adhesive remain on the skin, repeat the oil and hot washcloth process.

Read more: How do I remove bandage glue from skin? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2079651#ixzz0qreWEbBB

This was not the best thing
    This was not the best thing to do, but we could not get all the tape off and my skin could not take anymore. My husband very, very carefully used nail polish remover. This did not bother my skin and the tape came off. I did not know about baby oil, I would try that first.
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    Thanks
    We will try these and see what happens. The glue around her arm pits is driving her crazy.....reminds me of Jack busting down the bathroom door in The Shining. LOL
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    GregStahl said:

Thanks
    We will try these and see what happens. The glue around her arm pits is driving her crazy.....reminds me of Jack busting down the bathroom door in The Shining. LOL

In the hospital we use
    In the hospital we use adhesive tape remover which has acetone same thing in some nail polish removers. It can be irritating, perhaps dilute it? Or see what the pharmacist says.