Let's light candles to life on Wednesday evening

TraciInLA
TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It's been a tough week here on this board, as we've gathered around several of you just learning of recurrences, and done our best to walk with everyone here, no matter where you are in your journey.

I can't write poetry like some of you can -- and, to be honest, I'm not even very good at *reading* poetry -- so I'd like to suggest that we join together this Wednesday evening to light a candle...to life, to hugging the bejeezus out of each day, to walking together through all that life brings.

And then those of you who are struggling with new diagnoses, difficult decisions, treatment you're not sure you can make it through, recovery that seems like it will never come, trying to keep it together for the person you love, or standing at the dance while NED dances with everybody else -- you'll have some extra light for your journey and know that you're not walking alone.

So, if you'd like to join us, get a candle ready, and light it at 7:00 (your time) on Wednesday evening. Then we can watch the lights start in England and move across Canada and all the states we live in.

I have my candle ready -- please join me on Wednesday.

Traci

Comments

• MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    I have my candle ready and
    I have my candle ready and will be saying a prayer for everyone touched by cancer. Thanks for being so caring and thoughtful.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Traci,
    What a wonderful

Traci,
    What a wonderful idea! ( and what do you mean you aren't reading my poems? LOL LOL LOL ) I absolutely adore your refreshing honesty; that truly made me laugh!

I will hold my candle high in the air on Wed at 7 PM~ may all of our lights shine brightly and warm our souls...we certainly need it.

Thanks again Traci~ you are absolutley brilliant, just like a thousand candles!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    MGNS said:

I have my candle ready and
    I have my candle ready and will be saying a prayer for everyone touched by cancer. Thanks for being so caring and thoughtful.

Traci, What a great thing to
    Traci, What a great thing to do. I'll be in Kentucky Wednesday night camping, but I will light that candle.
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Thought you could not write.
    Thought you could not write. Sounds great to me

I live just south of Miami and it won't be dark here until about 830 but I will light my candle anyway.

Hugs to all.

Donna
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Good idea, thanks!
    Candle is ready, matches at hand!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    WILL DO!
    Leave it to a "Victoria Secret Model" to come up with this beautiful suggestion! You were a Victoria Secret Model weren't you? giggle giggle......I love your sense of humor Traci!

I will join you in lighting a candle on Wednesday evening at 7 EST.......IT's a very loving suggestion......I said earlier, most of us have never met face to face, but we're all walking in the "same shoes" just different "sizes".....what hurts one of us hurts us all......We all face the dreaded possibiity of a reccurence...We can only offer our prayers and support....At times words seem to be hollow but they are the best we can offer knowing that they come from our heart.....My thoughts are with all of our "sisters" who are facing this beast.......for the first time, second time, etc......As Tiny Tim said....."God bless us everyone!"

Now on Wednesday..........Let's set the world ablaze with our candles!
    Peace be with us all........
    Nancy
  • Nufferz
    Nufferz Member Posts: 55
    chenheart said:

Traci,
    What a wonderful

Traci,
    What a wonderful idea! ( and what do you mean you aren't reading my poems? LOL LOL LOL ) I absolutely adore your refreshing honesty; that truly made me laugh!

I will hold my candle high in the air on Wed at 7 PM~ may all of our lights shine brightly and warm our souls...we certainly need it.

Thanks again Traci~ you are absolutley brilliant, just like a thousand candles!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Great idea Traci
    I have my candle ready too, and it will be lit Wednesday night at 7 PM my time Central.

Nuff
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Good idea, thanks!

Great idea!
    I will be there
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Good idea, thanks!

We light a candle every
    We light a candle every night, so Weds there will be two.! thanksTraci! you are a poet just not in the tradtional way!!!
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Firing up the candle
    Firing up the candle wednesday. The neigbors may thing it's odd, cause it's still daylight (NM), but will stand with it burning bright. Hope it's not windy. I did mention I live in NM. Real windy. lol
  • Hope 2010
    Hope 2010 Member Posts: 62
    Will light a candle...
    and will be looking out in the sky for everyone elses too :)
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    I am there
    My candle will light up at 7PM CST.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Will have my candle lit in San Antonio, Texas
    Sweet idea! A small act of lighting a candle brings an emotional bonding in just knowing that flame commemorates us all.

I'll have mine ready Traci ;)
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    sea60 said:

Will have my candle lit in San Antonio, Texas
    Sweet idea! A small act of lighting a candle brings an emotional bonding in just knowing that flame commemorates us all.

I'll have mine ready Traci ;)

What a kind thing to do.................
    Count me in I'll be there with all of you, saying my prayers for each and everyone of us.

Thaks Traci, Love Ronda
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I'm in
    Count me in to light up at 7 central time.
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    what a lovely way to connect
    thank you traci for coming up with with wonderful idea, it's just what i needed this day
  • BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
    Traci, you're the bomb!
    What a super idea. And so touching. My tears have returned just thinking about the candles burning brightly.
    Thanks for the idea.
    I'm in there - pacific time.
    Beth
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    BethInAz said:

Traci, you're the bomb!
    What a super idea. And so touching. My tears have returned just thinking about the candles burning brightly.
    Thanks for the idea.
    I'm in there - pacific time.
    Beth

I will light a candle in
    I will light a candle in honor of everyone on this site, you are all so awesome. The response is more than anything i could have dreamed. Just when i feel so overwhelmed and ready to give up...there is a post that makes me smile, laugh, think. i have been so lost. I hope that you all continue to fight and dream. take care
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    What a wonderful idea! I
    What a wonderful idea! I never would have thought of it, but it is such a special way for all of us to connect. Traci, you are amazing!
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42

What a wonderful idea! I
    What a wonderful idea! I never would have thought of it, but it is such a special way for all of us to connect. Traci, you are amazing!

I'm going to go out tomorrow
    I'm going to go out tomorrow and buy a new candle for Wed night. It is a special occassion. Thank you for thinking of this idea, Traci.

Karinna