What's in your name?

Comments

• youngnana
    youngnana Member Posts: 41
    My name...
    I became a grandmother at the young age of 39, too young to be called grandma, so I became Nana. At 50, I feel so much younger, so Young nana was perfect for me.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    youngnana said:

My name...
    I became a grandmother at the young age of 39, too young to be called grandma, so I became Nana. At 50, I feel so much younger, so Young nana was perfect for me.

Mine has no story to it.
    Mine has no story to it. Just Kathy and my favorite number.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    This is the Story behind my Name
    After giving it some thought... I decided on Bella Luna. It comes from the movie " MoonStruck" with Cher.

I remembered the scene where the grandfather takes his beloved dogs for a midnight stroll and notices the full moon above. I loved the movie and the imagery. I have a pic of my daughter on my blog and thought it very fitting as I think she is my Bella Luna, too.

My real name is Ines( Spanish). The English version is Agnes. I live in California where there is an area called Santa Ynez. It's a beautiful area and it's also surrounded by vineyards! It's no wonder I have a fondness for the grape!

BL
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613

After giving it some thought... I decided on Bella Luna. It comes from the movie " MoonStruck" with Cher.

I remembered the scene where the grandfather takes his beloved dogs for a midnight stroll and notices the full moon above. I loved the movie and the imagery. I have a pic of my daughter on my blog and thought it very fitting as I think she is my Bella Luna, too.

My real name is Ines( Spanish). The English version is Agnes. I live in California where there is an area called Santa Ynez. It's a beautiful area and it's also surrounded by vineyards! It's no wonder I have a fondness for the grape!

BL

I think of that scene and

I think of that scene and 'That's Amore' whenever I see a full moon. We were on vacation recently, and the full moon was coming through a port of our boat so I couldn't go back to sleep, and I immediately thought of 'Moonstruck'.

Joyce
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

BL

Bella Luna~ I live in Santa
    Bella Luna~ I live in Santa Ynez!!! Are we neighbors????

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Mine is easy too, it is my
    Mine is easy too, it is my name. LOL I should have thought about picking a different name when I signed on, but, just put my name in there.

I wonder if I could change it. LOL Hmmmm

Hugs, Angie
  • Bella Luna
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Hi Chen,
    I actually live in

Hi Chen,

I actually live in Los Angeles, but have visited your neighborhood several times. You live in a beautiful area. That Santa Maria BBQ is outstanding as is the wine! I am by the water.
    BL
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

Hi Chen,
    I actually live in

Hi Chen,

I actually live in Los Angeles, but have visited your neighborhood several times. You live in a beautiful area. That Santa Maria BBQ is outstanding as is the wine! I am by the water.
    BL

I was just on the water
    I was just on the water yesterday in Santa Barbara! I used to live in Long Beach, but have been in SY since 2002. Let me know the next time you are in my neck of the wood; we can have a tri tip sandwich and a glass of wine! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    chenheart said:

I was just on the water
    I was just on the water yesterday in Santa Barbara! I used to live in Long Beach, but have been in SY since 2002. Let me know the next time you are in my neck of the wood; we can have a tri tip sandwich and a glass of wine! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

What is in my name? Well,
    What is in my name? Well, it is just my name! LOL I need to be more creative!
  • Bella Luna
    chenheart said:

I was just on the water

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thank you for the
    Thank you for the invitation. Until then, Cheers!
    BL
  • Fabu
    Fabu Member Posts: 29

Thank you for the
    BL

My name is made up of
    My first initial and the first three letters of my last name. I thought it was different.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    TawnyS said:

Mine is just my name. Kinda
    Mine is just my name. Kinda boring. :)

My name on here, and, don't
    My name on here, and, don't laugh, is because I love Ritz crackers! Yep, I do! LOL

My actual name is Sue!

:)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    starseed said:

part of the path
    In a nutshell--and keeping an open mind I will tell you that Starseed's believe that
    not everyone on earth is "from" earth. As a reiki master we are considered lightworkers,
    but we are essentially in the same genre/likemindedness of starseeds. If you google
    starseed lightworkers, there are some good sites out there that explain it better without
    leading you to believe that we've gone completely around the bend.The photo I have of
    Monument Valley is a tremendously special place where just driving through it could give you an epiphany.I've been through it 4 times and it never ceases to affect me.

Your name you picked is very
    Your name you picked is very interesting starseed. I wish mine were. LOL

Beautiful photo!
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Fabu said:

My name is made up of
    My first initial and the first three letters of my last name. I thought it was different.

linpsu
    My name is Linda and I am a proud graduate of Penn State University.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175

Thank you for the
    BL

Mine is my name also....
    Mine is my name also.... actually My name is Misty Jo, but everyone calls me Jo....me and my sisters all gave each other sorta nicknames. When they address me they call me JO JO, not just Jo. Like my younger sis her name is Laurie and we call her Dori...from finding nemo...cuz she forgets everything...and she has never had chemo brain, and my older sis her name is Marla and we call her merdle the turtle cause shes slow. hehehe! I got lucky to be named just Jo Jo!
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    jo jo said:

Mine is my name also....
    Mine is my name also.... actually My name is Misty Jo, but everyone calls me Jo....me and my sisters all gave each other sorta nicknames. When they address me they call me JO JO, not just Jo. Like my younger sis her name is Laurie and we call her Dori...from finding nemo...cuz she forgets everything...and she has never had chemo brain, and my older sis her name is Marla and we call her merdle the turtle cause shes slow. hehehe! I got lucky to be named just Jo Jo!

m_azingrace
    Say it "amazing grace", for the beautiful hymn that tells of our Savior's sacrifice, and the wonderful peace and joy of knowing Him, and the promise of seeing Him in glory when my trials end here. God's Blessings to you all. Gracie.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    My real name is not Cypress
    My real name is not Cypress or Cynthia ;-). I just love cypress trees. I have planted about 10 in my yard since Katrina. I also have an older cypress that survived Katrina without a problem and it keeps dropping seed balls that are sprouting into cypresses. Does anyone want a cypress?!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member

My real name is not Cypress
    My real name is not Cypress or Cynthia ;-). I just love cypress trees. I have planted about 10 in my yard since Katrina. I also have an older cypress that survived Katrina without a problem and it keeps dropping seed balls that are sprouting into cypresses. Does anyone want a cypress?!

Born on Christmas Day
    Kind regards, Susan
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

BL

love it
    Beautiful Moon .....Love It!
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42

Born on Christmas Day
    Kind regards, Susan

My best friend who has
    My best friend who has walked with me through this gave me the nick-name, Karinna.
    My name is actually Karen.

Love reading all these responses!