need help with eyebrows & eyelashes

jo jo
jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
One eye has no long eye lashes just very short kinda painful new ones and one eye still has a patch of long ones.... and my eyebrows are so uneven just patches of hair like i was drunk or something while tryin to pluck them!!
Is this a normal thing and do they hurt loosing them and getting them back? What other surprises can i expect out of these things and how long does it take for them to look normal again?

Comments

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Mine pretty much looked like
    Mine pretty much looked like what you explained. i filled my eyebrows in with pencil, so I looked pretty normal. Eyelashes have always been short. Mine started growing back in pretty soon after I lost them. They did hurt some but itched mostly.

Hugs

Donna
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    I didn't lose my brows and lashes til 6 or 8 weeks
    after my last chemo...I thought I had beat it. I have always used Clinque Powder Eyebrows and it just filled in all the bare patches and then still looked good with nothing at all. I continued to use eyeliner and that sorta covers up the no lashes. I haven't worn mascara in ages. When my lashes finally started coming in they never got beyond short and stumpy when they started coming out again...same with the brows. Just about the time that was happening, someome on the board brought that up. Apparently because we pretty much lost them all at the same time (within a few weeks), they grow back the same way, almost all at the same time (can you say runon senetence?) and normally we lose our brows and lashes all of the time but just a few so it's not noticeable. It will take a little while before that gets back to normal. You can always use false eyelashes if you're really bothered by it.

But I like the powder eyebrow stuff cause it goes on in small strokes and still looks normal.

It's been six months and my nails are almost back to normal. Toenails not too bad, only one seemed affected by the chemo.

BUT MY HAIR'S A GREAT NEW COLOR! Judy :-)
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    I finished chemo on March 30
    I finished chemo on March 30 th, 2010. My eyebrows and lashes just started growing back last week. Eyebrow pencil and eyeliner sure make a difference while we are waiting for growth. Some of my hair in spots is now a 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
  • jo jo
    Skeezie said:

I didn't lose my brows and lashes til 6 or 8 weeks
    after my last chemo...I thought I had beat it. I have always used Clinque Powder Eyebrows and it just filled in all the bare patches and then still looked good with nothing at all. I continued to use eyeliner and that sorta covers up the no lashes. I haven't worn mascara in ages. When my lashes finally started coming in they never got beyond short and stumpy when they started coming out again...same with the brows. Just about the time that was happening, someome on the board brought that up. Apparently because we pretty much lost them all at the same time (within a few weeks), they grow back the same way, almost all at the same time (can you say runon senetence?) and normally we lose our brows and lashes all of the time but just a few so it's not noticeable. It will take a little while before that gets back to normal. You can always use false eyelashes if you're really bothered by it.

But I like the powder eyebrow stuff cause it goes on in small strokes and still looks normal.

It's been six months and my nails are almost back to normal. Toenails not too bad, only one seemed affected by the chemo.

BUT MY HAIR'S A GREAT NEW COLOR! Judy :-)

thanks ladys
    i was afraid the pencil would make them look painted on, but i guess if you practice or know how to do it, it probably wouldnt look too bad.
    The eyelash thing bugs me though, I had long eyelashes but i dont think i could handle the fake eyelashes. I guess i play the waiting game and just wait till they grow back.
    It just looks silly one eye long and one short!!! Its kind od funny though!!!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    jo jo said:

thanks ladys
    i was afraid the pencil would make them look painted on, but i guess if you practice or know how to do it, it probably wouldnt look too bad.
    The eyelash thing bugs me though, I had long eyelashes but i dont think i could handle the fake eyelashes. I guess i play the waiting game and just wait till they grow back.
    It just looks silly one eye long and one short!!! Its kind od funny though!!!

Jo Jo if you pencil in your
    Jo Jo if you pencil in your eyebrows, it's a good idea to powder over them when you are done. It gives them a more natural look. Use short strokes when painiting them on. Remember that you are beuatiful with or without eyebrows and eyelashes.
  • jo jo
    natly15 said:

I finished chemo on March 30
    I finished chemo on March 30 th, 2010. My eyebrows and lashes just started growing back last week. Eyebrow pencil and eyeliner sure make a difference while we are waiting for growth. Some of my hair in spots is now a 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

Thanks natly!!!

Thanks natly!!!
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    jo jo said:

Thanks natly!!!

Thanks natly!!!

Avon
    Avon has a product for filling in sparse eyebrows. It's a gel with fibers that you "paint" on. When it dries, the fibers are supposed to look like brows. I have not actually seen it, though, but sounds like it would be worth a try? For lashes, you might consider fakes. Gracie
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Avon
    Avon has a product for filling in sparse eyebrows. It's a gel with fibers that you "paint" on. When it dries, the fibers are supposed to look like brows. I have not actually seen it, though, but sounds like it would be worth a try? For lashes, you might consider fakes. Gracie

my eyebrows and lashes came
    my eyebrows and lashes came in arounf a month to six weeks. thry have stayed and not fallen out again. i finished chemo the end of january.