"Troll" invasion?

2»

Comments

• bluwillo
    bluwillo Member Posts: 113
    TraciInLA said:

See, now I feel like MyTurn's suspicious of me... :-)
    ...'cause I've never gotten off my behind and filled out my profile!

I was busy doing chemo, and radiation, and buying hats...that's a good excuse, isn't it? :-)

I swear I REALLY am who I say I am -- a 6' tall former Victoria's Secret model with a PhD in astrophysics and a black belt...

...don't you believe me?

:-) Traci

Why Traci, Of Course You Are!
    I remember you from modeling school! Can't remember my name, but I recognize your face!

I rarely fill out the profile section on any board. I yam what I yam. I certainly hope I am not in the "suspect" category. Although...if that meant that I didn't have cancer, I'd be good with that! But, alas, I know who I am and what I have. I can be ascerbicly funny at times, but I'm no troll. Really.

Now, Traci, about that PhD.... LOL!
  • Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    I admit that I was somewhat
    I admit that I was somewhat suspicious after reading some of this persons posts.. wasn't sure if they were disingenuous or had some other "issues" going on.. never thought about a "troll" though..

I am also guilty of not filling out the profile....

Dot
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    carkris said:

I think i know what you are
    I think i know what you are talking about.Please dont go, unless you need a break, we need youguys here. I havent filled out my info too much, at first just didnt want to put too much on and now dont know how.

after you log on Go to Home (upper right corner), click on
    About Me page
    Create / View / Edit
    Goto Edit and fill out your info. Do not forget your medals, awards, and Nobel Prize as well.
    I am not sure about PHD in astrophysics, unfortunately we all have PHD in oncology for sure.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    TraciInLA said:

I was busy doing chemo, and radiation, and buying hats...that's a good excuse, isn't it? :-)

I swear I REALLY am who I say I am -- a 6' tall former Victoria's Secret model with a PhD in astrophysics and a black belt...

...don't you believe me?

LOL Traci!

LOL Traci!
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    I think I know who you all
    I think I know who you all are talking about. I posted earlier this week about having issues with my brain not working quite right and they replied that I needed to seek profession help from a psych. I was only having a bad day and just needed a little encouragement and understanding. I felt like a real idoit after reading that post. Needless to say I deleted the post.

Hugs to all

Donna
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Yeah I missed the troll too,
    Yeah I missed the troll too, probably a good thing.

I hope that she gets help.
    I hope that she gets help. I haven't seen any posting from her since the other day. I will pray for her.
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member

I think I know who you all
    I think I know who you all are talking about. I posted earlier this week about having issues with my brain not working quite right and they replied that I needed to seek profession help from a psych. I was only having a bad day and just needed a little encouragement and understanding. I felt like a real idoit after reading that post. Needless to say I deleted the post.

Hugs to all

Donna

Don't worry, Donna
    It wasn't about you. Please don't think that you can't vent here! We want to know when your brain don't work good and you need encouragement. If someone genuinely thought that additional counseling might be helpful, then that could be a legitimate and kind suggestion.

Personally, I firmly believe in the power of counseling. Having an objective and knowledgeable person listen to your concerns is a wonderful thing.

Hugs back to ya!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Hey
    Guys, I haven't been around in a very long time and don't know the posts you're referring to, but, make no mistake, there will be trolls on this site. There have been several in the past year or so and it will continue to happen. The internet allows an anonymity that people like to take advantage of. The moderators here are pretty good about removing these posts. It's unfortunate that some people will come on a cancer support site and do this, but it happens.

Mimi
  • John_32
    John_32 Member Posts: 71
    mimivac said:

Hey
    Guys, I haven't been around in a very long time and don't know the posts you're referring to, but, make no mistake, there will be trolls on this site. There have been several in the past year or so and it will continue to happen. The internet allows an anonymity that people like to take advantage of. The moderators here are pretty good about removing these posts. It's unfortunate that some people will come on a cancer support site and do this, but it happens.

Mimi

Interesting
    Glad I am not the only one who thought that was bizarre, though I don't think they were being disingenuous, just clearly not coping well with any of this. I realized writing about my wife's situation, with the recent metastasis, might rub some people the wrong way, since other people with cancer probably don't want to hear that someone's battle with the disease isn't going very well, but I think if people learn from other patient's experiences, maybe their own outcomes can be better. Sadly, I received news today that my aunt's nearly decade-long fight with breast cancer is clearly now in its final days. Between my aunt, my mother, and my wife, this disease seems to be surrounding me on all sides, and I desperately pray that more effective treatments are discovered soon.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    John_32 said:

Interesting
    Glad I am not the only one who thought that was bizarre, though I don't think they were being disingenuous, just clearly not coping well with any of this. I realized writing about my wife's situation, with the recent metastasis, might rub some people the wrong way, since other people with cancer probably don't want to hear that someone's battle with the disease isn't going very well, but I think if people learn from other patient's experiences, maybe their own outcomes can be better. Sadly, I received news today that my aunt's nearly decade-long fight with breast cancer is clearly now in its final days. Between my aunt, my mother, and my wife, this disease seems to be surrounding me on all sides, and I desperately pray that more effective treatments are discovered soon.

Hi Mimi I have missed you.
    Hi Mimi I have missed you. You have such a valuable knowledge base. John I am sorry this disease is hitting you on all sides hugs.
    I felt that the troll was not a troll, just not coping well, so I avoided some threads, felt like it wasnt productive.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    carkris said:

Hi Mimi I have missed you.
    Hi Mimi I have missed you. You have such a valuable knowledge base. John I am sorry this disease is hitting you on all sides hugs.
    I felt that the troll was not a troll, just not coping well, so I avoided some threads, felt like it wasnt productive.

ok updated my profile /info.
    ok updated my profile /info. when do you say you are done with treatment?
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    carkris said:

ok updated my profile /info.
    ok updated my profile /info. when do you say you are done with treatment?

Carkris I updated mine too

Hugs

Donna
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    TraciInLA said:

...don't you believe me?

Traci, you are a hoot!! I
    Traci, you are a hoot!! I didn't mean anything derogatory about someone not filling out their profile information....honestly, I didn't realize that so many people didn't. I will go to a person's profile at times when they are fairly new and asking a question that would really depend on their diagnosis. Other than that, sometimes when I'm on here I will go and check out someone's expressions page. So, please forgive me for another poor choice of words. I love this site and the benefits for me truly outweigh any negativity that comes from "trolls".

P.S. Not to beat a dead horse, but I do think that this person was still in the anger/fear/denial stage. We've all been there and I'm sure remember it all too well. I love you all and now, if you haven't done it so far, go fill out your profile. LOL.