Radiation tattoo conversation starter

Eil4186
Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This is funny I think. One of my tiny radiation tattoos is several inches above my cleavage in the center of my chest. It is tiny, but I have had so many people say "I have to ask, what is that?" It just surprises me that people would be that curious or even notice something as tiny as a pencil tip. When I explain what it is, they always seem a bit uncomfortable. Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    No. I can barely even see
    No. I can barely even see mine. I have to ask my husband to try and find them to point them out. LOL People must really be staring at your chest to see those tiny things.
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Megan M said:

No. I can barely even see
    No. I can barely even see mine. I have to ask my husband to try and find them to point them out. LOL People must really be staring at your chest to see those tiny things.

I wish
    people paid that much attention to me!!

I guess be flattered. But I know what you mean -- once people find out about any aspect of breast cancer, they're so uncomfortable. Maybe I can just talk to people about it when I want them to leave me alone:)

Victoria
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    aisling8 said:

I wish
    people paid that much attention to me!!

I guess be flattered. But I know what you mean -- once people find out about any aspect of breast cancer, they're so uncomfortable. Maybe I can just talk to people about it when I want them to leave me alone:)

Victoria

You should be flattered.
    You should be flattered. They must really, really be looking at your chest. But, sometimes when people know you have had bc, they seem to always be looking at our chests wondering I guess. I can barely see mine.

Hugs, Leeza
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Nice rack?
    The only explanation I can come up with is to agree with the others that you must have really good-looking girls for that many people to be looking that closely! :-)

My 3 tattoos are all just below my cleavage, so hidden by clothes -- but mine are also so tiny that I can barely see them. I mean, my friends and neighbors would have to be WAY too far into my personal space to see them!

Besides encouraging you to slap people who get their noses that close to your chest, what makes me angry is that folks are UNCOMFORTABLE after you explain what it is??!!?? For heaven's sakes, if you don't want to know, then you shouldn't go asking a lady a personal question about her chest!!!

Traci
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    TraciInLA said:

Nice rack?
    The only explanation I can come up with is to agree with the others that you must have really good-looking girls for that many people to be looking that closely! :-)

My 3 tattoos are all just below my cleavage, so hidden by clothes -- but mine are also so tiny that I can barely see them. I mean, my friends and neighbors would have to be WAY too far into my personal space to see them!

Besides encouraging you to slap people who get their noses that close to your chest, what makes me angry is that folks are UNCOMFORTABLE after you explain what it is??!!?? For heaven's sakes, if you don't want to know, then you shouldn't go asking a lady a personal question about her chest!!!

Traci

LOL Traci! You are so
    LOL Traci! You are so funny! I agree, someone would have to be right on top of me in bright lights with a magnifying glass to see mine. I can't see them hardly either.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Angie2U said:

LOL Traci! You are so
    LOL Traci! You are so funny! I agree, someone would have to be right on top of me in bright lights with a magnifying glass to see mine. I can't see them hardly either.

"Right on top of me in bright lights with a magnifying glass"
    Yeah, Angie -- and that just isn't my idea of romance...so my tattoos pretty much go un-commented-on.

:-) Traci
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    TraciInLA said:

Yeah, Angie -- and that just isn't my idea of romance...so my tattoos pretty much go un-commented-on.

Hey, don't knock it until
    Hey, don't knock it until you try it. LOL
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Angie2U said:

Hey, don't knock it until
    Hey, don't knock it until you try it. LOL

I have one in the middle of
    I have one in the middle of my chest, but have no more girls so no one is looking there!!! nobody seems to notice but me, but I hate it.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    TraciInLA said:

You are a riot Traci!
    Sue

You are a riot Traci!

Sue :)
  • rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214
    Ritzy said:

You are a riot Traci!
    Sue

You are a riot Traci!

Sue :)

This is funny!
    Now one of my radiation techs will draw a flower around my tatoo and people will ask! But, if not for the flower, I would barely see it!

rene9