"Troll" invasion?

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Troll or not?

There have recently been some very negative posts directed at individuals in different threads . I go to several horse forums and we often get trolls there - would hope tht it doesn't happen here but after - all this is the internet.

Comments

• Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Sad times
    The situation I think you're referring to has bothered me all day. I believe that some people are having an extremely difficult time with complex issues beyond bc and are lashing out. Probably more emotional/mental help and support is needed than we can provide here. I hope such support can be found.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Sad times
    The situation I think you're referring to has bothered me all day. I believe that some people are having an extremely difficult time with complex issues beyond bc and are lashing out. Probably more emotional/mental help and support is needed than we can provide here. I hope such support can be found.

I agree
    unfortunately it has happened. I though we all have been taking each other with Grace and respect. I hope troll will go away
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member

I agree
    unfortunately it has happened. I though we all have been taking each other with Grace and respect. I hope troll will go away

It did go away for about a week and then came back. After
    almost a year on this board frankly I'm shocked and disgusted. Nothing wrong with different opinions but this is beyond. I see the nmae and I can feel my blood pressure go up. I decided to never answer another one of those posts, if we all ignore it will stop. This has been the place I've asked advice about shampoo to use for bald heads, this is the place I learned about satin pillows so your head doesn't stick, didn't know eyebrows and lashes can come out two and three times etc. All these wonderful people fighting the same battle with such grace and dignity and yes humor.

I was ready to sign off and not come back but I find I need everyone as much now as before during treatment...the healing process I've discovered is both mental and physical.

I cannot fathom someone is just playing some horrible joke with us (and I'm pretty cynical) but I would prefer that to someone who is so troubled....
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I, too, can be very
    I, too, can be very skeptical. I really question the validity of the person when they don't even bother to complete their profile information. Oh well, the world is made up of many different personality types and we all deal with what we're dealt with differently...some with grace and courage and some with anger and poison. I just ignore these posts, my health is more important and raising our blood pressure and stressing just isn't worth it to me. I love the support from this board and will continue to come here to offer support but also continue the friendships I have made.
  • Skeezie
    MyTurnNow said:

I, too, can be very
    I, too, can be very skeptical. I really question the validity of the person when they don't even bother to complete their profile information. Oh well, the world is made up of many different personality types and we all deal with what we're dealt with differently...some with grace and courage and some with anger and poison. I just ignore these posts, my health is more important and raising our blood pressure and stressing just isn't worth it to me. I love the support from this board and will continue to come here to offer support but also continue the friendships I have made.

Funny you should mention the profile info section...
    When I first joined I was uncertain what to put down, because I was still unclear about decisions etc. I just didn't know what to say. Then a few months ago I looked to see if I could fill that in, couldn't figure out how to do it...just a few weeks ago I went in again and figured out how to do it and started filling it out. I'm not finished yet but I agree, it's really helpful to be able to see what someone's history is because we can't all remember what we've read in eqch other's posts. At least I can't...some of you must have photographic memories you rmember so well.

You are so right to ignore that type of post...but who knew til we were all in the middle of it? I should have known because this was the second incident with this person. Well, if anything, it certainly gave us something to talk about huh?

Hugs all, Judy :-)
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Skeezie said:

Funny you should mention the profile info section...
    When I first joined I was uncertain what to put down, because I was still unclear about decisions etc. I just didn't know what to say. Then a few months ago I looked to see if I could fill that in, couldn't figure out how to do it...just a few weeks ago I went in again and figured out how to do it and started filling it out. I'm not finished yet but I agree, it's really helpful to be able to see what someone's history is because we can't all remember what we've read in eqch other's posts. At least I can't...some of you must have photographic memories you rmember so well.

You are so right to ignore that type of post...but who knew til we were all in the middle of it? I should have known because this was the second incident with this person. Well, if anything, it certainly gave us something to talk about huh?

Hugs all, Judy :-)

Judy sorry for your blood pressure
    But I am very thankful to you that you took a stand. I think we need defend for each other, even from craziness that needs medication. Thank you very much for protecting integrity of this board.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Judy sorry for your blood pressure
    But I am very thankful to you that you took a stand. I think we need defend for each other, even from craziness that needs medication. Thank you very much for protecting integrity of this board.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

I so agree with both of you.
    I so agree with both of you. I thought there was something "odd" about that poster from the start. And, after reading what they wrote on the other thread, I knew it was someone that needed a lot of help, mental help. I hate to say this, but, I hope they are gone now for good.

Hugs, Angie

Oh Judy, many of us didn't have anything on our about me pages for a long time and a lot of good people still don't. I am not sure I even do. LOL I guess I never thought of that meaning anything other than some people don't know what to write, or, want to keep it somewhat private. After all, anyone, and, I mean anyone can read all of your info. But, that is just my opinion. LOL
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Angie2U said:

I so agree with both of you.
    I so agree with both of you. I thought there was something "odd" about that poster from the start. And, after reading what they wrote on the other thread, I knew it was someone that needed a lot of help, mental help. I hate to say this, but, I hope they are gone now for good.

Hugs, Angie

Oh Judy, many of us didn't have anything on our about me pages for a long time and a lot of good people still don't. I am not sure I even do. LOL I guess I never thought of that meaning anything other than some people don't know what to write, or, want to keep it somewhat private. After all, anyone, and, I mean anyone can read all of your info. But, that is just my opinion. LOL

Whoops, what profile?
    I missed something! I've never filled out a profile. Guess I'd better look around for how to do that!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Whoops, what profile?
    I missed something! I've never filled out a profile. Guess I'd better look around for how to do that!

Christine, most of us don't
    Christine, most of us don't fill it out. So, don't worry about it. LOL
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399

Christine, most of us don't
    Christine, most of us don't fill it out. So, don't worry about it. LOL

I guess I missed something...
    But it's just as well. The last thing I need is a troll causing additional stress. Thanks to everyone who gives positive encouragement here! Hugs to you all. Gracie.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member

I guess I missed something...
    But it's just as well. The last thing I need is a troll causing additional stress. Thanks to everyone who gives positive encouragement here! Hugs to you all. Gracie.

See, now I feel like MyTurn's suspicious of me... :-)
    ...'cause I've never gotten off my behind and filled out my profile!

I was busy doing chemo, and radiation, and buying hats...that's a good excuse, isn't it? :-)

I swear I REALLY am who I say I am -- a 6' tall former Victoria's Secret model with a PhD in astrophysics and a black belt...

...don't you believe me?

:-) Traci
  • Skeezie
    TraciInLA said:

I was busy doing chemo, and radiation, and buying hats...that's a good excuse, isn't it? :-)

I swear I REALLY am who I say I am -- a 6' tall former Victoria's Secret model with a PhD in astrophysics and a black belt...

...don't you believe me?

I certainly do...the only difference is my PHD is in troll
    relations and rocket science! Oh, I almost forgot, a Nobel Peace Prize too.

No autographs please...Judy :-)
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Skeezie said:

I certainly do...the only difference is my PHD is in troll
    relations and rocket science! Oh, I almost forgot, a Nobel Peace Prize too.

No autographs please...Judy :-)

What's going on?
    I am relatively new to this - is there someone posting nasty things that we should be aware of? Is it a BC survivor or someone completely unaware of our issues?
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    If you run
    into someone doing this, report them. They will be removed.
    As one poster stated that this is the internet and is unavoidable, we can stop the people doing it.
    Night all, been a long week and its timer to hibernate for a couple of days.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    GregStahl said:

If you run
    As one poster stated that this is the internet and is unavoidable, we can stop the people doing it.

I am not new to this site, I
    I am not new to this site, I must have missed something. The profile information, for me at the beginning of my journey was helpful for me to read. We are all the same here, but not the same. Hope you know what I am trying to say. So maybe I should be glad I missed whatever you all are talking about. LOL
  • Skeezie
    GregStahl said:

If you run

Yes, we should probably have all pushed the Offensive button but
    I think it's gone now. I too was suspicious when in her first post she said she had only been dx a week and already all of her friends had deserted her. She's either very disturbed or really mean playing on everyone's sympathy. Hard to imagine.

For anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about you can still her last posts by looking at the Post called "Please Don't Wait". It's still on page 1 near the bottom.
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Kat11 said:

I am not new to this site, I
    I am not new to this site, I must have missed something. The profile information, for me at the beginning of my journey was helpful for me to read. We are all the same here, but not the same. Hope you know what I am trying to say. So maybe I should be glad I missed whatever you all are talking about. LOL

Yeah I missed the troll too,
    Yeah I missed the troll too, probably a good thing.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    TraciInLA said:

...don't you believe me?

Those profiles aren't filled
    Those profiles aren't filled out on most Traci. lol And, who cares really. We get to know all of you in here, and, that is what matters. And, I do believe that you are really a model from Vic Secret. Yes, I surely do. ( rolling my eyes )
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Skeezie said:

Yes, we should probably have all pushed the Offensive button but
    I think it's gone now. I too was suspicious when in her first post she said she had only been dx a week and already all of her friends had deserted her. She's either very disturbed or really mean playing on everyone's sympathy. Hard to imagine.

For anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about you can still her last posts by looking at the Post called "Please Don't Wait". It's still on page 1 near the bottom.

I think i know what you are
    I think i know what you are talking about.Please dont go, unless you need a break, we need youguys here. I havent filled out my info too much, at first just didnt want to put too much on and now dont know how.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    TraciInLA said:

...don't you believe me?

Oh dear, I don't know if I
    Oh dear, I don't know if I have anything about me either on my profile. Guess I never thought about it. lol

Sue :)