new cyst & hair growth during chemo

Options
jo jo
jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
After they had to lower my chemo cuz it made me so sick that it would put me in the ER...i started growing hair back before i was done with chemo and also getting cyst...is this something i should be concerned about...has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    what kind of cyst? other
    what kind of cyst? other women have posted that their hair started growing back prior to finishing chemo wwithout problems.
  • jo jo
    Options
    carkris said:

what kind of cyst? other
    what kind of cyst? other women have posted that their hair started growing back prior to finishing chemo wwithout problems.

I dont know...i had it for
    I dont know...i had it for 3-4 weeks and the day i went to see my doctor is the day it disappeared...but i know it was a cyst cuz i got them on a regular basis before this cancer as a matter of fact thats how i found my cancer.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    jo jo said:

I dont know...i had it for
    I dont know...i had it for 3-4 weeks and the day i went to see my doctor is the day it disappeared...but i know it was a cyst cuz i got them on a regular basis before this cancer as a matter of fact thats how i found my cancer.

JoJo, I wouldn't be too
    JoJo, I wouldn't be too concerned with the hair growing back. But, I would definately let my onco know about the cyst. Your statement "as a matter of fact that's how I found my cancer" tells me that this should be done even if it is just for precaution. Good luck to you!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

JoJo, I wouldn't be too
    JoJo, I wouldn't be too concerned with the hair growing back. But, I would definately let my onco know about the cyst. Your statement "as a matter of fact that's how I found my cancer" tells me that this should be done even if it is just for precaution. Good luck to you!

MyTurnNow is right Jojo, you
    MyTurnNow is right Jojo, you need to let your oncologist know about this cyst. Anytime there is something new with your body, your doctor needs to know. Good luck and keep us updated.

Sue :)
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Options
    JoJo
    The hair growing back is not unusual. All of my white hairs have grown back and stay between rounds of chemo. In fact it grows very quickly and some areas will pop out to an inch in a matter of a couple weeks. My brown hair is apparently less resilient. It has started coming back between two rounds and then will fall out again at about the two week mark. The other rounds, it does not even peek out. Most of the time I look like a baby duckling unless I just cut it off again.

With the cyst, I wasn't sure if you were talking about your head or your breast?? Like the others, I would definitely let your oncologist check it out. I do get a couple of areas of what look like pimples on my head once in a while but not anything like a cyst...

I hope everything goes better for you with your chemo!

Chris
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

JoJo
    The hair growing back is not unusual. All of my white hairs have grown back and stay between rounds of chemo. In fact it grows very quickly and some areas will pop out to an inch in a matter of a couple weeks. My brown hair is apparently less resilient. It has started coming back between two rounds and then will fall out again at about the two week mark. The other rounds, it does not even peek out. Most of the time I look like a baby duckling unless I just cut it off again.

With the cyst, I wasn't sure if you were talking about your head or your breast?? Like the others, I would definitely let your oncologist check it out. I do get a couple of areas of what look like pimples on my head once in a while but not anything like a cyst...

I hope everything goes better for you with your chemo!

Chris

yes i would check the breast
    yes i would check the breast cyst. didint know what you meant.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

yes i would check the breast
    yes i would check the breast cyst. didint know what you meant.

If you mean you found or
    If you mean you found or feel a cyst in your breast, you need to call your oncologist and see what he thinks. You can't let something like that slide by. Let us know what you find out.

Hugs, Leeza
  • jo jo
    Options
    Sorry about the confusion
    The cyst was in my right armpit "my good side" even though i had a double mastectomy.
    I did ask my oncologist and he breifly looked at it and said "its a cyst, have you family dr remove it" ?????
    I asked my family dr about it and the day before she examined me for it, it disappeared. She suggested i find another oncologist beside the one im seeing!
    This is why im askin questions cuz my onc dr sucks and im in the process of tryin to find another one, and in the meantime im just kinda in the dark...other than this site...which is a wealth of information.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    jo jo said:

Sorry about the confusion
    The cyst was in my right armpit "my good side" even though i had a double mastectomy.
    I did ask my oncologist and he breifly looked at it and said "its a cyst, have you family dr remove it" ?????
    I asked my family dr about it and the day before she examined me for it, it disappeared. She suggested i find another oncologist beside the one im seeing!
    This is why im askin questions cuz my onc dr sucks and im in the process of tryin to find another one, and in the meantime im just kinda in the dark...other than this site...which is a wealth of information.

You should see another
    You should see another oncologist for sure! It could be nothing, but, you want to make sure it is nothing. Let us know!