Diet after breast cancer and chemo

Balentine
Balentine Member Posts: 393
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am finding it strange that someone is not recommending a specific diet for us after BC and chemo. I have been doing research on what to eat and what not to be eating and I am amazed to find out today that we should not be drinking milk because of the estrogen in the milk from pregnant cows. Wow....I have read that almond milk is what we should be consuming now with our cereal. Also brocolli, mushrooms, asparagus, vitamin D, more nuts and whole grains. I will be talking to my Oncologist more about this on the 21st. If I find out any more info I will let you know.
Lorrie

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    At my cancer center, they
    At my cancer center, they have a nutritionist speak with all of the bc patients/survivors about what is good for us and what isn't. They even give free cookbooks with great recipes to all of us. Does your cancer center have a nutritionist? Perhaps that might help you out some. Good luck Lorrie.

Hugs, Leeza
  • chihai
    chihai Member Posts: 8
    I did some research too and found some interesting information on the specific diet for after cancer. I figured it couldn't hurt to switch to more healthier lifestyle and diets.

I only buy almond milk now and my kids love it too. They said it taste the same as the regular cow milk.

Here is the website I found that talked about this diet:
    http://www.natural-cancer-cures.com/cancer-cells.html

Hope this helps.
  • Hope 2010
    Hope 2010 Member Posts: 62
    I was just thinking the same thing
    I just scheduled my surgery and my subtype is ER+/PR+. I was talking to my regular physician, because her kids go to the same school...and she mentioned to me that since this was not her speciality, I may want to research on what I should and should not eat. She mentioned about different types of meats and chicken that have added hormones -- and like the cow's milk and chicken eggs as well.

If you do find out anything else, please share.

Patty
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    many "rules"
    Also, my center added nothing unpasteurized, ever. And I never buy any dairy that isn't organic--without hormones, etc. or any meat, fish, poultry that isn't organic.
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    lizzie17 said:

many "rules"
    Also, my center added nothing unpasteurized, ever. And I never buy any dairy that isn't organic--without hormones, etc. or any meat, fish, poultry that isn't organic.

Thanks for the website
    I will have to look at that. I will also ask the cancer center about talking to a dietician. I am not that great of a cook so I really need to be focussing on the healthiest foods and learn some new healthy recipes.Right now I am off to the store for some almond milk and some veggies. :)
    Lorrie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    chihai said:

I did some research too and found some interesting information on the specific diet for after cancer. I figured it couldn't hurt to switch to more healthier lifestyle and diets.

I only buy almond milk now and my kids love it too. They said it taste the same as the regular cow milk.

Here is the website I found that talked about this diet:
    http://www.natural-cancer-cures.com/cancer-cells.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the website
    Thanks for the website chihai!

KYLEZ ♥