questions for 2nd opinion

jillpls
jillpls Member Posts: 238
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
HI, I was wondering if someone could tell me which facility is better for a 2nd opinion, and who to see there. My friend lives in northern CA so the options are; UCSF, Standford, UC Davis. I'm a colorectal cancer survivor and I know the value and knowledge that so many of you have on this site. Thank you for any suggestions you can give. Jill

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    I wish I could help you
    I wish I could help you Jill, but, I don't live in your area. I am sure someone here will post some information for you. Good luck!

Sue :)
  • jillpls
    just had surgery
    HI, My friend just had surgery and it seems more involved that thought. More lymph nodes as well so they are ordering a CT. I would have thought they would have done that anyway??? What is a good cancer institute in Norther Ca where she can get a second opinion. Sandford, UCSF or Davis?? Which is better???
    Jill
  • Hope 2010
    Hope 2010 Member Posts: 62
    Sorry, I'm not in northern
    Sorry, I'm not in northern CA., just SoCal so I have no idea.
  • swalters
    swalters Member Posts: 33
    Questions for 2nd Opinion
    Jill,
    Northern California has some very good doctors that your friend could see for a 2nd opinion.
    Dr. Laura Esserman and Dr. Shelley Hwang are two of these. They are both at UCSF Carol Franc Buck Breast Care Center.

If your friend needs a 2nd pathology opinion, there is no one better than Dr. Michael Lagios. He is in Tiburon. He is a world renowned pathologist who has a consultation service that any one can use. His website is: http://www.breastcancerconsultdr.com/

Hope this helps.

Best wishes to your friend,
    Sandie
  • jillpls
    swalters said:

Questions for 2nd Opinion
    Jill,
    Northern California has some very good doctors that your friend could see for a 2nd opinion.
    Dr. Laura Esserman and Dr. Shelley Hwang are two of these. They are both at UCSF Carol Franc Buck Breast Care Center.

If your friend needs a 2nd pathology opinion, there is no one better than Dr. Michael Lagios. He is in Tiburon. He is a world renowned pathologist who has a consultation service that any one can use. His website is: http://www.breastcancerconsultdr.com/

Hope this helps.

Best wishes to your friend,
    Sandie

thank you so much for the info
    Hi Sandie,
    Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for and will pass this on today to my friend. Bless you and thank you
    Jill
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    jillpls said:

thank you so much for the info
    Hi Sandie,
    Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for and will pass this on today to my friend. Bless you and thank you
    Jill

Glad you got some
    Glad you got some information Jill! Good luck!

Sue :)