Postponed Chemo?

MerleBee
MerleBee Member Posts: 49
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
When I arrived for my second round of chemo yesterday the doc told me that my blood work, particularly the liver levels, were elevated to 3x's the normal level and she wanted me to postpone chemo for a week. She said she felt confident that the levels would come down by then.

Has anyone had this occur? Do the levels typically come down that quickly? Can I expect this to happen every time?

I guess I am crazy to keep trying to gain some sense of control over this. Every time I think I have a plan, something comes out of left field.

Merle

Comments

• MerleBee
    MerleBee Member Posts: 49
    Bumping it up....
    Still wondering if anyone has experienced this?
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    MerleBee said:

Bumping it up....

I have not
    I have not experience this but did you discuss the possible reasons for this with your oncologist? I would be asking for some clarification on that because you don't want this to be happening with every treatment. It may be that they need to change your chemo drugs to something else. I hope someone comes on that can give you more info. God Bless!
    Lorrie
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    MerleBee said:

Bumping it up....

I havent either but im sure
    I havent either but im sure that doesnt make you feel any better about it...but it seems your like me and get the unususal and weird things that can happen!! Cuz were unique!!!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    jo jo said:

I havent either but im sure
    I havent either but im sure that doesnt make you feel any better about it...but it seems your like me and get the unususal and weird things that can happen!! Cuz were unique!!!

I was pretty sick however
    I was pretty sick however and my LFTS were elevated, they came down and improved over time. It was the way my body reacted to chemo. They did check for hepatitis which freaked me out being a nurse I was neg. I think your LFTs will come down next time they check.