Hair today, gone tomorrow! starting chemo (again) tomorrow, here is a funny

meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I will be starting chemo again tomorrow, and will be losing my hair again. wah, wah. I am not a vain person, i realize it is only hair (so no preaching) but it is just sad. So here is a joke to share, ( some of you may have heard it before)

One day, a woman woke up with 3 hairs on her head. She looked in the mirror and decided to braid her hair.

The next morning, she woke up and had 2 hairs on her head. So, she said "i will put my hair in pigtails" today.

The third day, she woke up with only 1 hair on her head, she sighed and said "I will wear my hair in a ponytail" today.

The fourth day, she woke up and was bald! She screamed, and said "yeah, I don't have to fix my hair today"!

Love,
Meena

Comments

• pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Good luck
    Good luck with starting chemo again tomorrow Meena. Glad to see you have your sense of humor in tact! I was just thinking this a.m. that should I have to go through chemo again and lost my hair, would it be easier or just as traumatic as the first time??

I'll be thinking of you!

Patti
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Me Too!
    I start chemo again tomorrow too. And though my hair just barely started growing back, the nurse yesterday told me to prepare to lose it. It's only 1/16" of an inch - haven't formed much of an attachment to it ; )

I am looking forward, however, to not having to shave my legs this summer.

Good luck with your chemo!
    Heidi
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Meena and Heidi, good luck
    Meena and Heidi, good luck to both of your amazing warriors!! We'll be here to help in any way we can. Take care and kick its butt this time around!!
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Meena and Heidi
    You both are such positive influences for the rest of us - best of luck to both of you!!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Meena and Heidi
    You both are strong women and have great attitudes! Love the joke a sense of humor can be a great stress buster. I agree not having to shave the legs or underarms is a great benefit of chemo. Prayers to you both. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    heidijez said:

Me Too!
    I start chemo again tomorrow too. And though my hair just barely started growing back, the nurse yesterday told me to prepare to lose it. It's only 1/16" of an inch - haven't formed much of an attachment to it ; )

I am looking forward, however, to not having to shave my legs this summer.

Good luck with your chemo!
    Heidi

I answered Meena's post
    but just now saw yours, Heidi. Good luck to you tomorrow as well! We are here to walk this new journey with....just let us know how you are doing, OK?

My best to you,

Patti
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Meena and Heidi
    You both are strong women and have great attitudes! Love the joke a sense of humor can be a great stress buster. I agree not having to shave the legs or underarms is a great benefit of chemo. Prayers to you both. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Meena and Heidi
    Good luck tomorrow.
    First time again is the most difficult. We will be there with you. Sending positive thoughts to your way.
    Hugs,
    New flower
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    gone today and hair tomorrow
    I lost mine twice. I had chemo before surgery and again after. It was just starting to grow back! I must say the second time was harder because I was so worn down from treatment to that point. But it does grow back so try to keep your spirits up and you will one day be fussing with your hair again! The hair will grow back...tomorrow.
  • MerleBee
    MerleBee Member Posts: 49
    Marcia527 said:

gone today and hair tomorrow
    I lost mine twice. I had chemo before surgery and again after. It was just starting to grow back! I must say the second time was harder because I was so worn down from treatment to that point. But it does grow back so try to keep your spirits up and you will one day be fussing with your hair again! The hair will grow back...tomorrow.

The Mustache on down
    The hairloss for me was/is extremly difficult, but I am enjoying to shaving my legs and underarms and no plucking! My daughter, sisiter andnieces have determined that there is a wildebeast in our family tree..we are a hairy people..ugghhh. I just told someone that I would be ok if the hair didn't come back from the mustache down!

I am sorry you have to face this twice. There will likely be things that are easier the second time aroung and things that are harder. Hugs and prayers to you!

Merle
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    MerleBee said:

The Mustache on down
    The hairloss for me was/is extremly difficult, but I am enjoying to shaving my legs and underarms and no plucking! My daughter, sisiter andnieces have determined that there is a wildebeast in our family tree..we are a hairy people..ugghhh. I just told someone that I would be ok if the hair didn't come back from the mustache down!

I am sorry you have to face this twice. There will likely be things that are easier the second time aroung and things that are harder. Hugs and prayers to you!

Merle

What tests did they do to confirm re-treatment
    I am curious to know what tests they did or why they decided that you have to do more treatment? I go back to my doctor on 6/21 and am hoping I get good news. My hair is starting to grow back too...not much but it is a start. I believe I am done with chemo and just have to decide on taking the tamoxifen for the next 5 years. Everyone says I should regardless of the side effects. I will talk with the oncologist more about my concerns then and just pray it all works out.
    Lorrie Balentine