Taking a break

ms_independent
ms_independent Member Posts: 214
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been feeling really stuck and sort of depressed. December through April I had multiple surgeries for treatment and prevention of bc and prevention of ovarian cancer. I am soooo fortunate that I need no further treatment, just every 6 month monitoring. Physically I have been feeling stronger every day. Mentally, I have been unable to move on and feel so fragile. I feel like I have been stuck in a world controlled by breast cancer. I decided to take a break from this site to see if that made any difference. I also went to a counselor. My mood has improved dramatically in 1 1/2 weeks. I am much lees fearful and much more hopeful. I saw my counselor yesterday for the 2nd time and she said "the difference in you is amazing....I don't think we'll be seeing much more of each other." Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I will be taking a break from this site for a while. Sisters, you have been so supportive!! And have given me so much of your wisdom and love. I want so badly to 'give back'. But, for now, it's just not good for me. When I am stronger I will be back and try to 'give back' at least some of what has been given me.

From the bottom of my heart I thank you and I pray you all continue to 'fight the good fight' with your usual grace.

Love and hugs, El

Comments

• pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Sorry to see you go...
    But totally understand. You need to take care of YOU and it sounds like you are on the right track.

Come back when you feel like it. Thank you for all your wisdom, support, suggestions and love that you have given us.

Love,

Patti
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    Take care and let us know
    Take care and let us know how you are doing. Best to you.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I am also sorry to see you
    I am also sorry to see you go. Based on the difference you have seen in not having to deal with bc everyday says that you are making the right choice. Please do come back once you feel up to it. Take care and may you continue to see improved health both emotionally and physically!! Until we meet again...........
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    You have to do
    What is right for you....I can certainly see how difficult it could be to keep coming to this site. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we only want the best for you!
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

I am also sorry to see you
    I am also sorry to see you go. Based on the difference you have seen in not having to deal with bc everyday says that you are making the right choice. Please do come back once you feel up to it. Take care and may you continue to see improved health both emotionally and physically!! Until we meet again...........

I've not met you yet ...
    all I can say is I understand how you feel. I kind of hope that day comes for me when I just don't need to be here but not even close to that. I'm new here and still hurt like hell from the truamatic change in my life. I am coping slowly ................. so many things to accept and deal with, this is just so hard.

Be well my sister in pink, Love Ronda
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

You have to do
    What is right for you....I can certainly see how difficult it could be to keep coming to this site. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we only want the best for you!

I hope you feel better real
    I hope you feel better real soon. I think this board can be overwhelming at times. I know I step away sometimes because it does get to you at times. Take care!

Hugs, Leeza
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi El
    Its not just you that moves on, I've noticed others have too. Reading about others having recurrancesa is very scary to me. I don't like dwelling on the possibility all the time. Every ache and pain I have I think its something. Good luck to you, feel better.
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    laurissa said:

Hi El
    Its not just you that moves on, I've noticed others have too. Reading about others having recurrancesa is very scary to me. I don't like dwelling on the possibility all the time. Every ache and pain I have I think its something. Good luck to you, feel better.

We are with you
    EI I know what it is like to feel stuck in this disease and I too had to take a long break from this site to concentrate on myself and moving forward in my life. You go Girl and know that you hope is found in some of the simpliest things we do like Gardening.
    Where there is a garden there is HOPE.
    Be well our friend
    Tara
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    laurissa said:

Hi El

Many on here have moved on
    Many on here have moved on and some come back every now and then, and, some you never hear from. I guess only we know when it is time to either take a break or to leave the site. I wish you all the best in your time away and pray you feel better.

Hugs, Megan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Megan M said:

Many on here have moved on
    Many on here have moved on and some come back every now and then, and, some you never hear from. I guess only we know when it is time to either take a break or to leave the site. I wish you all the best in your time away and pray you feel better.

Hugs, Megan

I take breaks from here,
    I take breaks from here, sometimes weeks or months. It can get to you after awhile. Also, I get busy with living my life after cancer and this seems to sometimes make me think more of my bc. But, it has always been a great support group and I have gotten so much help. I just pray that I have or can help someone else.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    El,
    I understand completely. We find so much love and support here, but at times, it breaks our hearts, too when newbies join or a dear sister has a 'backstep'....

Sue