Stage IIIb and Triple Negative!

heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Yesterday afternoon, I met with my new oncologist (opted for a second opinion after finishing first course of chemo and being unhappy with surgeon). Thanks to the lovely women on this board, I was much more informed and truly understood when this dr. talked to me. I knew nothing when I was dx in December with IBC - and had no time to think before I was in treatment.

I will begin a new course of chemo this Thursday, need to get mediport first - I am somewhat concerned because I will be getting AC (already had TC) There is the risk of heart damage with Adriamycin, and since I already received six weeks of Cytoxan, there is the danger of leukemia. WOW!

The pet scan (after chemo) showed that the lymph nodes and left breast) lit up like a Christmas tree! There are also several small hot spots scattered around my body. No organs involved at this time. Whew!!!

I am going to fight this with every ounce of my being! I didn't get to this point to give up now!!

Comments

• 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Good For You Heidi
    You fight and fight and give it all you've got, Good luck to you and God Bless.

Ronda
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Good for you, Heidi. We
    Good for you, Heidi. We will be there by your side every step of the way!!!
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Heidi -
    You are a brave lady and did what you needed to do to find a doc you are comfortable with. It sounds like your doctor is in this fight with you and you know that we are all here for you, too! I hope this next round of chemo is smoothe sailing for you!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Heidi -
    You are a brave lady and did what you needed to do to find a doc you are comfortable with. It sounds like your doctor is in this fight with you and you know that we are all here for you, too! I hope this next round of chemo is smoothe sailing for you!

Keep fighting
    Sorry for your PET Scan.
    I heard about Chemo sensitivity studies, when they send tumor cells for evaluation of susceptibility to different chemo drugs .Ask you oncologist about it.
    Wishing you luck in your new treatment.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • joan_doyle
    joan_doyle Member Posts: 29
    A/C
    Hi Heidi,
    Delighted you got the Docs sorted Wishing you every success on thursday, I have just finished 4 A/C treatments and any advice i can give to you don't hestitate to ask,

I had the port job done also this at the begining can be a nuisance at times but you slowly get used to it and it eventually sits nicely - limits you in lifting things etc., and the seat belt (my anyway) sits exactly over the port typically male docs eh! they could have given it a better position.
    The A/C I had no problems with it except sleeping - would find that I would be high as a kite(use to play with wig putting it side ways tormenting my litter sister) for the 1st 4 hours of receiving and then fall asleep for a few hours and wake up with the nightie soaked from sweat a symptom of A/C then changed and eat and back to bed (new fresh one?) this was the only time this happened and after that would eat and sleep all day for 3 days and slowly begin to stay up longer and after 5 days would be back to being able to drive and do small daily functions. This was my pattern until the 3rd A/C they gave me a extra drug call Zometa (which played havoc with my system and the side effects are endless for me - must have been allergic to it and only slowly going out of the system now) Like you I have a lot of question for my onc when i get to see him shortly about this drug Zometa

Hope I am being of help So no surgeon for you (as we call him hear the guy with the tool box and the Onc Doc the guy with the machine gun????)
    Keep us informed of the crack
    Loving thoughts hugs and prayers coming your way
    Cheers for now Joan