How do you start your day and what do you enjoy doing that makes you happy?

kickie
kickie Member Posts: 85
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I wake early hear the robins singing,start singing my song.Oh happy day and thank God for another beautiful day. I do homehealth love working with elderly and Mrdd. At the end of day i give my troubles to God because he will be up all night anyways. Hugs!!! Flowers, gardening, and social work is my passion.

Comments

• bjmom1
    bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
    Stated my day
    I started my day by thanking God I woke up. Then I give my 4year old a kiss and hug. Then I listen to one of my favor spritual speaker. I crochet blankets and hats. Then talk to my husband to tell him I love him. I make my business everyday to make sure family and friends know that I love them. I always try to do something postive even when I have the blues.
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    As soon as......
    As soon as I start to stir, I am surrounded by three kissing, tail wagging Golden Retrievers. They are ALWAYS so happy for me to wake and hug them! Their smiling faces are what greet me every day when I open my eyes, and what a wonderful way to start every day!!

My two incredible grandkids, my dogs and of course, my hubby are my passions!!

Hugs,

CR
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I start my day between
    I start my day between 3:oclock and 4:oclock most days. Get coffee started. Take care of dogs. Thank god. do chores. open grooming shop at 9:00am.
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member

I start my day between
    I start my day between 3:oclock and 4:oclock most days. Get coffee started. Take care of dogs. Thank god. do chores. open grooming shop at 9:00am.

Hi Ladies
    I let my husband make us a yummy pot of coffee, he does such a great job at it, way better than me. blech.... mine taste like that nasty oil in the gulf, eeeeeeekkk

As far as what do I enjoy doing, I love cooking! I love going into a fabulous grocery type store and I can literally spend hours in there looking at food and thinking how I want to eat it because it would be so delicious.

Then I love to take walks and work off the yummy food I just inhaled. I'm not much into sitting down and watching tv, I like camping, traveling and seeing this beautiful country we live in. My passion is jewelry, whether I buy it or make my own, a girl can never have enough sparklies!
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

Hi Ladies
    I let my husband make us a yummy pot of coffee, he does such a great job at it, way better than me. blech.... mine taste like that nasty oil in the gulf, eeeeeeekkk

As far as what do I enjoy doing, I love cooking! I love going into a fabulous grocery type store and I can literally spend hours in there looking at food and thinking how I want to eat it because it would be so delicious.

Then I love to take walks and work off the yummy food I just inhaled. I'm not much into sitting down and watching tv, I like camping, traveling and seeing this beautiful country we live in. My passion is jewelry, whether I buy it or make my own, a girl can never have enough sparklies!

I wake up and make coffee.
    I wake up and make coffee. I take my dog Lola for a walk and feed her, then i have my cup of coffee and start working. However, i am on disability now so i can take a longer walk, sit out on my deck and drink my coffee. Hopefully i won't be too sick from chemo to enjoy my passion for food and cooking.
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399

Hi Ladies

Wake up and Thank God for another wonderful day
    Hubby usually makes coffee. We could set the pot for automatic, but that would be too easy. We get up early to watch the wild birds. Hummingbirds now, but in the winter we have a great variety of feathered friends at our feeder.

Most days after a light breakfast I'm out the door for my alone-time walk. IPod is my only company. When I get home, I call my neighbor across the road. She's going to be 89 this month. Good friend, and a joy to be around.

Cooking, especially pressure cooking, is my passion too. Same as "2FS", I can spend hours in the grocery store, shopping and planning meals. I do most of my cooking in a pressure cooker...seriously! Perfect steamed veggies. Even seafood. Shrimp never boils over on my stove any more. Desserts---cheesecake, and flan, can you believe it??

I watch a good deal of TV -- crime shows or cooking, and enjoy knitting at the same time.
    And every weeknight at 6pm...JEOPARDY!, followed by Wheel of Fortune.

My greatest joy, however, is my 3 beautiful grandsons.
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member

Wake up and Thank God for another wonderful day
    Hubby usually makes coffee. We could set the pot for automatic, but that would be too easy. We get up early to watch the wild birds. Hummingbirds now, but in the winter we have a great variety of feathered friends at our feeder.

Most days after a light breakfast I'm out the door for my alone-time walk. IPod is my only company. When I get home, I call my neighbor across the road. She's going to be 89 this month. Good friend, and a joy to be around.

Cooking, especially pressure cooking, is my passion too. Same as "2FS", I can spend hours in the grocery store, shopping and planning meals. I do most of my cooking in a pressure cooker...seriously! Perfect steamed veggies. Even seafood. Shrimp never boils over on my stove any more. Desserts---cheesecake, and flan, can you believe it??

I watch a good deal of TV -- crime shows or cooking, and enjoy knitting at the same time.
    And every weeknight at 6pm...JEOPARDY!, followed by Wheel of Fortune.

My greatest joy, however, is my 3 beautiful grandsons.

awwww cool m-zing grace
    I actually love love love reading true crime paperback books, my favorite author is Ann Rule!!!! I have 1 grandchild! And 3 sons, no daughters, and I thank God, this way my worry over this cancer won't spill over into their lives.

Nice to meet you, Love Ronda
  • Third_Generation
    Third_Generation Member Posts: 121

awwww cool m-zing grace
    I actually love love love reading true crime paperback books, my favorite author is Ann Rule!!!! I have 1 grandchild! And 3 sons, no daughters, and I thank God, this way my worry over this cancer won't spill over into their lives.

Nice to meet you, Love Ronda

Start every day with my
    Start every day with my husband bringing me coffee...he has been doing that for 41 years as of June 21st! My day often ends up in the pool with grandchildren this time of year...phoenix,az and getting hotter as we speak(type,blog).
    In between, finishing up my career at school district ( I am the assessment data coordinator) and getting ready to retire at the end of this month. 34 years in the education field..teaching kinder, first/second grade, reading facilator, and then data coordinator. Fun years!
    Brenda
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Start every day with my
    Start every day with my husband bringing me coffee...he has been doing that for 41 years as of June 21st! My day often ends up in the pool with grandchildren this time of year...phoenix,az and getting hotter as we speak(type,blog).
    In between, finishing up my career at school district ( I am the assessment data coordinator) and getting ready to retire at the end of this month. 34 years in the education field..teaching kinder, first/second grade, reading facilator, and then data coordinator. Fun years!
    Brenda

coffee in bed with my husband
    then a walk. If it's low tide, we walk on the beach; if not, around town. If I'm working that day, off to work. If not, I write -- short stories, sorta flirting with a novel. I make quilts. And right now I've got a loooong-term project: I'm making 1000 cranes. I string them in strands of 10 with beads in between. They're really pretty. I'm thinking of donating them to places like Ronald McDonald house, cancer centers, etc. Very peaceful to work on. Oh. And the best toys of all are the two local grandchildren!

I'm so grateful just to be alive.

Victoria
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    music and pets!
    I wake up to a variety of CD music choices, mostly classic, old rock. Currently, it is Celine Dion. Then, it is good morning to my kitties and poodle. They are always right there to greet me, and I love that. My day truly begins at work, in education. And I love that, too!! I thank God for each and every day which is a gift.
  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    Coffee, creatures, and kids,
    Coffee, creatures, and kids, and a little gratitude all seem to be (wonderful) common themes! I love to have my coffee in the morning and watch the ducks in my front yard! These same ducks have returned for many years. It is really cool! :-)
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    JanInMN said:

Coffee, creatures, and kids,
    Coffee, creatures, and kids, and a little gratitude all seem to be (wonderful) common themes! I love to have my coffee in the morning and watch the ducks in my front yard! These same ducks have returned for many years. It is really cool! :-)

I am still recovering from
    I am still recovering from the bum surgery, so I have that routine and when I get frustrated with it remind myself how far I've come. I go to PT and am starting to go for walks but I can relate to the Golden Retriever, I have one guy and he is love My constant pal when I was sick. I also started pilates wiith a friend who teaches it. so I guess what i do is rest and recover, and am focusing on wellness, but yes i thank God every day I am here and doing better each week.
  • liz011808
    liz011808 Member Posts: 21
    carkris said:

I am still recovering from
    I am still recovering from the bum surgery, so I have that routine and when I get frustrated with it remind myself how far I've come. I go to PT and am starting to go for walks but I can relate to the Golden Retriever, I have one guy and he is love My constant pal when I was sick. I also started pilates wiith a friend who teaches it. so I guess what i do is rest and recover, and am focusing on wellness, but yes i thank God every day I am here and doing better each week.

i work graveshift so i wake
    i work graveshift so i wake up already late like noontime.
    my breakfast with my husband is actually lunchtime. i enjoy
    my orchids and cactus in my backyard. they are in full bloom
    rightnow. i enjoy hanging out with my 2 daughters. today we did
    homemade facial mask, its like a spa day.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Get on my knees
    Every morning, I try to remember to get on bended knee, as soon as I roll out of bed and connect with God. Tell him how thankful I am. Then of course...coffee! Love it. The smell of coffee is like a warm hug. Then on the way to work my station is on K-Love! Upbeat, positive, inspirational music.

I also like to bake.

Blessings!

sea60
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    sea60 said:

Get on my knees
    Every morning, I try to remember to get on bended knee, as soon as I roll out of bed and connect with God. Tell him how thankful I am. Then of course...coffee! Love it. The smell of coffee is like a warm hug. Then on the way to work my station is on K-Love! Upbeat, positive, inspirational music.

I also like to bake.

Blessings!

sea60

I read the Bible while
    I read the Bible while drinking a protein shake, I don't drink coffee. I check on all my animals, and I have several. Whatever needs to be done, I do.
    I love to read, yeah I'm a book worm