Anyone feeling like they're gaining weight on tamoxifen?

BethInAz
BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I feel like I'm gaining weight in my mid section lately. Anybody else gaining belly weight on tamoxifen?
Beth

Comments

• 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Say it isn't so......
    aaarrrggghhhhh
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    Weight gain
    Not on Tamoxifen...I'm on Femara and I've gained 4 lbs this month despite exercising daily. Sometimes you feel like you just can't win.

Judy
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    change in estrogen levels weight gain
    I believe that it is pretty well documented that women going through menopause will put on weight if eating the same number of calories as they ate BEFORE menopause. In other words, the drop in estrogen has something to do with weight gain. And what is Tamoxifen supposed to do? Substitute for real estrogen. Hot flashes and leg cramps are menopause side effects as well as for Tamoxifen.

Long answer short: I gained weight during menopause, 10 years before starting Tamoxifen. Haven't gained weight since starting Tamoxifen last November. Fingers crossed.
    ~~Connie~~
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm careful....
    About what I eat. I, too, think it has to do with the menopause state that we are put in, regardless of which of the 'estrogen reduction' drug we use. I have been on Tamoxifen for over 4 years.

I have been able to achieve the 'perfect number' weight as far as the BMI (Body Mass Index) charts are concerned for my height. Watch what I eat, get plenty of exercise.

Hugs, Kathi
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Yes
    Yes. The scale at the Docs says yes. They tell me this is natural. I try to walk a lot and I am taking the bike out today. I hate some of these cancer suveniers.

P
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    aztec45 said:

Yes
    Yes. The scale at the Docs says yes. They tell me this is natural. I try to walk a lot and I am taking the bike out today. I hate some of these cancer suveniers.

P

Yes, Yes,
    It's terrible , every 3 weeks when I get on that scale at the doctors, it's gone up. I keep saying that I am not eating anymore than before. I did not gain or lose weight durning chemo and now, I am going to have a big problem if it does not stop. I am already over weight so I can not handle anymore.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Kat11 said:

Yes, Yes,
    It's terrible , every 3 weeks when I get on that scale at the doctors, it's gone up. I keep saying that I am not eating anymore than before. I did not gain or lose weight durning chemo and now, I am going to have a big problem if it does not stop. I am already over weight so I can not handle anymore.

I have only been on it two
    I have only been on it two weeks so not yet, but who knows, I lost a ton of weight with the chemo, and am being careful so I hope not but dont have too much choice on taking it.