First mamogram after Breast Cancer.

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone,well I got through the Mamogram.Ge Wiz was I scared.Felt like my knees was going to just bend under me.The radioligist let me look at it.She couldn,t tell me for sure but it looked clear.The Dr. will let me know in a few days for sure.I think I may be dancing with Ned.All this time I could not figuer out why it still hurts to lay on the side that I had surgery on.Their is about 10 to 12 staples still in my breast,Is this common?the Dr. never told me this.Thank each one of you wonderful sisters in pink for your Prayers.Pattmc an extra thank you so much for your kind words. Keep Praying Ladys sounds like I may danceing with Ned.

Comments

• pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    So glad
    I've been thinking about you all day! Sounds like its a good report. Keeping fingers crossed for you my sister.

Blessings,

Patti
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    pattimc said:

So glad
    I've been thinking about you all day! Sounds like its a good report. Keeping fingers crossed for you my sister.

Blessings,

Patti

Whew!
    Isn't it a relief. Even though they told me it looked clear, I cried when I got the letter confirming it. I'm so happy for you. Enjoy your week end.

Roseann
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    thinking of
    thinking of you......xoxoxxoo Lynn
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    : )
    May you dance w Ned. Sounds like you will. I know sometimes they leave a clip or two, but 10-12? Mmmm sounds like a good question when you see your surgeon. Keeping you in my prayers.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congrats, Pat, it sounds to
    Congrats, Pat, it sounds to me like you are dancing with NED. You worked hard for this time with him, so dance the night away!! I'm so happy for you.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    MyTurnNow said:

Congrats, Pat, it sounds to
    Congrats, Pat, it sounds to me like you are dancing with NED. You worked hard for this time with him, so dance the night away!! I'm so happy for you.

Congrats Pat! I will be
    Congrats Pat! I will be looking for your post that you are dancing with NED!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I still have some discomfort....
    ....on my 'special' side...lumpectomy with node removal. I think it's the node removal that hurt some of the muscle...but, I would rather deal with some discomfort since he 'dug deep' to remove the nodes.

That said, if it's more than just a small amount of aching, I would call your doctor. And also ask about the staples...

Here's to you dancing with NED!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    KathiM said:

I still have some discomfort....
    ....on my 'special' side...lumpectomy with node removal. I think it's the node removal that hurt some of the muscle...but, I would rather deal with some discomfort since he 'dug deep' to remove the nodes.

That said, if it's more than just a small amount of aching, I would call your doctor. And also ask about the staples...

Here's to you dancing with NED!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Congrats Pat! I would be a
    Congrats Pat! I would be a little concerned about those staples being in you. Let us know what your plastic surgeon says about them still being there.

Hugs, Diane
  • Gemini777
    Gemini777 Member Posts: 4
    First Mammo after Surgery&Treatment
    I am so very, very happy to hear your good news. Just keep thinking positive and praying...God answers prayer. I'm certain you'll be enjoying that dance!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Gemini777 said:

First Mammo after Surgery&Treatment
    I am so very, very happy to hear your good news. Just keep thinking positive and praying...God answers prayer. I'm certain you'll be enjoying that dance!

NED?
    Pat, have you heard anything yet? I have my dancing shoes ready for your longgggggggggg dance with NED!

Sue :)