Relay for Life was SO AWESOME!!!!!

Emilyfimily
Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi ladies!!
So, Relay for Life last night was SO AWESOME!! I thought about you all when I walked, so you gals were there with me, too. I knew it would be amazing, but didn't know I could feel that much pride and..and.., oh shoot I don't know what all - how do you write emotions like that? My Dad came up for it too (4 1/2 yr survivor) and we walked the Survivor Lap together. He even donned the "purple girly shirt" haha. Meant a *lot* to me that he did that with me. And the rest of my whole family showed up, too. My 7 yr old niece even made a huge poster that said, "WE LOVE YOU EMILY" and stood her little bitty self up in the stands and held it up for me the *entire* Survivor Lap. I can't even explain how great it was. I worked in the Luminaries booth, too, the first part of the evening and that was an awesome experience in itself. So many people, so many new friends. Awesome, ladies, just awesome. :) I can't wait till next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    That's Terrific!
    I'll be doing these to just as I find out more about them in my area. Continue on now with a great life!

Love Ronda
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

That's Terrific!
    I'll be doing these to just as I find out more about them in my area. Continue on now with a great life!

Love Ronda

Sounds wonderful Emily!
    Sounds wonderful Emily! And, to walk the survivor lap with your Dad, how great! Thanks again for walking for us! You are a survivor!

Hugs, Diane
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    DianeBC said:

Sounds wonderful Emily!
    Sounds wonderful Emily! And, to walk the survivor lap with your Dad, how great! Thanks again for walking for us! You are a survivor!

Hugs, Diane

AWESOME! YES!
    Emily! What a great day you had! Your Father and you are both survivors and got to walk together! What a great moment!

Thanks for taking us with you!

Sue :)
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    So Glad
    So glad you had a great time. I must have been really wonderful to walk with you Dad. Thank you for taking all of us with you.

Hugs
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    ladyg said:

So Glad
    So glad you had a great time. I must have been really wonderful to walk with you Dad. Thank you for taking all of us with you.

Hugs

Thanks Emily!
    Sounds like a really great time! Walking with your Dad was so very memorable.

Thanks Emily!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Kylez said:

Thanks Emily!
    Sounds like a really great time! Walking with your Dad was so very memorable.

Thanks Emily!

WTG Emily! Your dad and you
    WTG Emily! Your dad and you both walking the survivor lap...Just Great!

Thanks!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    susie09 said:

WTG Emily! Your dad and you
    WTG Emily! Your dad and you both walking the survivor lap...Just Great!

Thanks!

I am so happy Emily that you
    I am so happy Emily that you went to the relay and even better yet, got to be with your Dad!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

That's Terrific!

Love Ronda

That is terrific! I bet it
    That is terrific! I bet it was emotional, especially with your Father. Thanks Emily!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I have Three Litle Words for
    I have Three Litle Words for you, Emily..."Told you so!!!" LOL LOL LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    chenheart said:

I have Three Litle Words for
    I have Three Litle Words for you, Emily..."Told you so!!!" LOL LOL LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Very emotional but great!
    The relays are so emotional and walking the survivor lap with your Father had to really tug at your heart. Glad you went Emily!