What's in your name?

Comments

• mollymousemom
    mollymousemom Member Posts: 18
    what's in your name
    Molly is my goofy little dog(she is part Sheba Inu per our vet(questionable)& her nickname is Mollymouse(don't ask me why)....but she is my little shadow & gave me lots of love & affection during my treatments...she was always there for me ready with a lick as if to say "I'm here with you & it's going to be alright".....she's my baby & that makes me her "mom"........Mollymouse mom.
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    screen name
    My screen name is a combo of 2 of my pets and my youngest daughter's favorite #
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Pretty simple really
    My Mom,Dad and sister always called me Kay. Everyone else calls me by my given name,Katherine or nickname, Kathy. NYC is where I live.
    K
  • Cindy Ann
    Cindy Ann Member Posts: 101
    kate33 said:

Kate and Dad
    Cindy Ann- Thanks for sharing your story as well. I love the signs we see. It always makes me happy and I feel loved and protected. I love what you wrote about the veil between life and death being very thin. I truly believe this as well.

Kate and Dad
    Thank you for not thinking me off. I have a very large family that it seems many have had similar experiences as you and I have had. I feel we are blessed. I know my Dad and Gram are always close by. It gives me a feeling of being safe no matter what. More importantly less fear of what lies beyond this world. (Not ready to leave this world!) Just as your Dad watches over you and surrounds you with love mine does me.. We are after all Daddy's little girls no matter how old we are. No matter what. You and I are very lucky to have been shown that love lasts forever.I have a feeling there are similar experiences on this site.People are just uncomfortable sharing them. Glad to meet you Kate!

Cindy Ann
  • cheryl1960
    cheryl1960 Member Posts: 2
    my name is cheryl 1960 is
    my name is cheryl 1960 is the year i was born. i figured that was easy for me to remember
  • Third_Generation
    Third_Generation Member Posts: 121

my name is cheryl 1960 is
    my name is cheryl 1960 is the year i was born. i figured that was easy for me to remember

I am third generation breast
    I am third generation breast cancer so chose that for my ID. My grandmother survived her BC and died at age 98. my mother fought her cancer for 20 years but died of lung cancer at age 66. My aunt has been cancer free for 13 years. I am who I am because of knowing and living with this strong beautiful women...happy also to have newer technology for earlier detection of breast cancer!
    However, I have to type this long ole name every time I log in on my iPad....lol.
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823

I am third generation breast cancer so chose that for my ID. My grandmother survived her BC and died at age 98. my mother fought her cancer for 20 years but died of lung cancer at age 66. My aunt has been cancer free for 13 years. I am who I am because of knowing and living with this strong beautiful women...happy also to have newer technology for earlier detection of breast cancer!
    However, I have to type this long ole name every time I log in on my iPad....lol.

I love this thread too! :)
    It is cool to get to know you all a little bit better.

Dawne is my middle name. My mom is the only person that ever called me by that name. When I joined, she was dying from BC and I had just been diagnosed. I was terrified, overwhelmed and felt like I was grasping at straws. I needed hope. Hence, Dawne.Hope.
  • Dawne.Hope

sorry, double post.

sorry, double post.
  • Dawne.Hope

Greyhoundluvr
    My daughter had told me about one of her patients whose cancer had recurred and she was going to have to move in with her daughter. She was especially traumatized because she was going to have to give away her dog. The receptionist in my daughter's office has a bunch of dogs at home but offered to take this one in and give it a loving home. The lady sent her pet to the spa to be bathed and trimmed and her new owners picked her up from there. It broke my heart and I said that if I ever went through something like that (this was a couple of months before my diagnosis), I would want my dog curled up by my side. That story just popped into my head when I signed up - and my dog is still by my side.....

Chris

that's sweet!
    When my mom was diagnosed we had a yellow lab, and she was normally hyper and high-energy. She changed, though, as mom went through chemo. She was more subdued and she never left mom's side. She slept with her and was there all the time. Animals know. That's so sweet! Your dog will stay by your side, greyhoundluvr! :)
  • kate33
    kate33 Member Posts: 24
    Cindy Ann said:

Kate and Dad
    Thank you for not thinking me off. I have a very large family that it seems many have had similar experiences as you and I have had. I feel we are blessed. I know my Dad and Gram are always close by. It gives me a feeling of being safe no matter what. More importantly less fear of what lies beyond this world. (Not ready to leave this world!) Just as your Dad watches over you and surrounds you with love mine does me.. We are after all Daddy's little girls no matter how old we are. No matter what. You and I are very lucky to have been shown that love lasts forever.I have a feeling there are similar experiences on this site.People are just uncomfortable sharing them. Glad to meet you Kate!

Cindy Ann

Kate and Dad
    Yes we are so very lucky. I think if you are open to it anyone can have that connection. I truly believe that. I would definitely not think you are "off"!

It's nice to meet you, too, Cindy Ann!

Kate
  • kate33
    Cindy Ann said:

Kate and Dad

Cindy Ann

Kate and Dad
    Yes we are so very lucky. I think if you are open to it anyone can have that connection. I truly believe that. I would definitely not think you are "off"!

Kate
  • kate33
    Cindy Ann said:

Kate and Dad

Cindy Ann

Kate and Dad

Kate
  • kate33
    Cindy Ann said:

Kate and Dad

Cindy Ann

Kate and Dad

Kate
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077

sorry, double post.

sorry, double post.

Shocker!!~~
    I have green eyes!
    But my name is Melanie~
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    My screen name are my
    My screen name are my initials...SEA. I think the ocean has a very calming effect.

Sylvia
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    Name
    My name means I'm a mom in East TN. I've had it a long time so this is what I use.
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    AMomNETN said:

Name
    My name means I'm a mom in East TN. I've had it a long time so this is what I use.

Skeezie was a very beloved cat of mine. He's been gone for
    several years now, but I still use him for many computer names. He is not the kittie in the picture. That is Bootsie and she is a real cutie. Skeezie died before digital camera's so the ones of him I scanned into my computer are a little fuzzy. But of course I have never seen a cat I didn't think was just too cute!

Fun thread, it's really great to see what everyone's names mean. Lots of thought goes into so many of them.

Hugs all,
    Judy :-)
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    starseed said:

part of the path
    In a nutshell--and keeping an open mind I will tell you that Starseed's believe that
    not everyone on earth is "from" earth. As a reiki master we are considered lightworkers,
    but we are essentially in the same genre/likemindedness of starseeds. If you google
    starseed lightworkers, there are some good sites out there that explain it better without
    leading you to believe that we've gone completely around the bend.The photo I have of
    Monument Valley is a tremendously special place where just driving through it could give you an epiphany.I've been through it 4 times and it never ceases to affect me.

Hi
    I have had the reiki experience. No, don't think you've gone around the bend. I live in NM and the ( Reiki) group do free monthly hands on. I'm sorry I haven't done more, cause the warmth from the group and their hands is amazing. Without even saying where my problem areas were, they found them and consentrated on those places. Come to think of it, next Tues I may have to show back up. I need to Google and investigate more. Thank you for what you do. I, too have been to Monument Valley. Very spirtual. Gayla
  • autumnskisses
    autumnskisses Member Posts: 8
    What is in a name
    Mine is simple, I love the autumn and I love kissing.
    My name is Deborah, everyone calls me Debby.
  • autumnskisses
    autumnskisses Member Posts: 8

What is in a name
    Mine is simple, I love the autumn and I love kissing.
    My name is Deborah, everyone calls me Debby.

edit
    My nick name is Debbie not Debby