What's in your name?

Comments

• Cindy Ann
    Cindy Ann Member Posts: 101
    kate33 said:

What's in your name
    My name is Kate and 33 has always been my favorite number. Ever since my Dad passed away three years ago my whole family sees 33's everywhere we go. I like to think that every time I see one it is my Dad letting me know he is watching over me. It makes me happy whenever I see one.

Kate and Dad
    Hi Kate. I have the same thing going on as does my husband. Since my Dad died I see his company trucks everytime I am going through something. Good or bad. He owned a company called Powers.Also the Sat before my doc called with BC diagnosis my china cabinet lit up to the highest level( it is a touch one and is 3 levels of light) and my alarm system started going crazy both at the same time. At 2:23am. The radiologist (I know her well) told me someone on midnights typed my report at 2:23am.. Daddy or my Gram or both were near me. But they were giving me a sign. I am half Irish and believe the veil between life and death is very thin.. So you keep believing your dad is right beside you all the time loving and caring for you..

Cindy Ann
  • starseed
    starseed Member Posts: 62
    part of the path
    In a nutshell--and keeping an open mind I will tell you that Starseed's believe that
    not everyone on earth is "from" earth. As a reiki master we are considered lightworkers,
    but we are essentially in the same genre/likemindedness of starseeds. If you google
    starseed lightworkers, there are some good sites out there that explain it better without
    leading you to believe that we've gone completely around the bend.The photo I have of
    Monument Valley is a tremendously special place where just driving through it could give you an epiphany.I've been through it 4 times and it never ceases to affect me.
  • Hope 2010
    Hope 2010 Member Posts: 62
    The first option was taken
    For me I wanted my kitty's name but it was taken.... so sitting here on my computer on this web site and wanting to ask questions, I decided on Hope..

HOPE that I will get through this ok, HOPE that no one else I know gets it, HOPE that the tests, surgery and recovery goes smoothly, HOPE that my daughter doesn't get it, HOPE that this is a good site to ask question (which it is a great site)... etc.. I could go on and on. As for the 2010 I was dx this year, actually 9 days ago.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Hope 2010 said:

The first option was taken
    For me I wanted my kitty's name but it was taken.... so sitting here on my computer on this web site and wanting to ask questions, I decided on Hope..

HOPE that I will get through this ok, HOPE that no one else I know gets it, HOPE that the tests, surgery and recovery goes smoothly, HOPE that my daughter doesn't get it, HOPE that this is a good site to ask question (which it is a great site)... etc.. I could go on and on. As for the 2010 I was dx this year, actually 9 days ago.

I love this post! Mine is
    I love this post! Mine is simple, it is my name. LOL
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    unoriginal
    At the time I signed on, I wasn't sure how a "screen name" would be used as I am very unsavvy about blogs, walls, etc. So I used initials and name. But NEXT TIME, I'll use something clever, like some of you have!
    ~~Connie~~
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    kate33 said:

What's in your name
    My name is Kate and 33 has always been my favorite number. Ever since my Dad passed away three years ago my whole family sees 33's everywhere we go. I like to think that every time I see one it is my Dad letting me know he is watching over me. It makes me happy whenever I see one.

Kate
    Kate, you might be interested to know that if you dream about 33 it means: Thirty-Three represents high potential and mastery in your own spiritual consciousness.
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Just used my real name
    Actually, I use my unmarried name as my middle name now instead of Louise. But Louise is my mother's name, and she's also a bc survivor, so I honor her by including her name. Also, she's the only one who calls me Christine. I'm Chris, usually.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    RE said:

sweet
    Your Daddy sounds like he was a wonderful man, I love your name story thank you for sharing it with us.

RE

I was diagnosed in 09 with
    I was diagnosed in 09 with bc and survived it! So, I consider myself a survivor on all counts!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    TraciInLA said:

Such a good idea!
    What a fantastic idea, MyTurn! Thank you all for sharing such funny, touching, interesting stories -- I feel like I'm getting to know all of you better.

No mystery to my screen name, either -- my name is Traci, and I live in Los Angeles. This is the first online anything I've ever joined, and it took me 2 months to join, because I sat in front of my computer staring at the signup page literally a dozen times when I was home recovering from my surgery, having NO idea how to come up with a "handle." I figured there would be members from all over the country, so finally came up with the idea to include where I'm from.

And then BethInAZ and JanInMN came along...and shamelessly stole my idea! :-)

Cousin Natly -- you were born in 1915? Girl, you look GOOD for your age! ;-)

Traci

Cousin Traci leave it to
    Cousin Traci leave it to you!!!!!! I was born on the "`15th" day of January in the year "1943". If it had been 1915, I could not have been my mother's daughter because she was born in 1916.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    chenheart said:

So...the question is: Are
    So...the question is: Are you a groomer of small dogs? Or are you a small lady who grooms dogs of any size??? LOL

Hugs,
    Chenheart

My name on here is my name
    My name on here is my name too. Most people just call me Lex. I should have been more creative. LOL

Lex♥
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    My name pretty much sums it
    My name pretty much sums it up as to how I was feeling when I found out I was going to have to take chemo after being told I would not need it. The 60 was my age when I joined this site. 59 when dx.

Donna
  • shaggy420
    shaggy420 Member Posts: 28

Just used my real name
    Actually, I use my unmarried name as my middle name now instead of Louise. But Louise is my mother's name, and she's also a bc survivor, so I honor her by including her name. Also, she's the only one who calls me Christine. I'm Chris, usually.

Well mine is my nickname
    Well mine is my nickname shaggy that I have had since I was a child. It is because I had wild and crazy hair, it was always frizzy and out of control. So it was shaggy..., and the 420 is my birthday. but I thought I would use shaggy just incase I end up loosing my hair I will always have that with me.

Brenda aka shaggy
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

My name pretty much sums it
    My name pretty much sums it up as to how I was feeling when I found out I was going to have to take chemo after being told I would not need it. The 60 was my age when I joined this site. 59 when dx.

Donna

My screen name
    My screen name is in honor of my beloved cat-who I lost a few years ago to a horrible wild animal.
  • MerleBee
    MerleBee Member Posts: 49

My screen name
    My screen name is in honor of my beloved cat-who I lost a few years ago to a horrible wild animal.

My Name - MerleBee
    Well, my first name is Merle, last initial B and my husband's mother, Beatrice passed away 37 years ago from cancer.....my oldest son has always said that if he ever had a daughter he would name her Cassandra Beatric and call her CassieBee...just all kind of fit in the moment...
  • GenieM27
    GenieM27 Member Posts: 30
    Oh my gosh love this thread!!!
    Okay mine is simple it's my name spelled differently. My real name is Jeanne. The 327 are my favorite numbers. Boring Huh? But the truth is I'm signed up with so many different internet sites I can't keep track of all those ID's so I try to have 3 different ones I can remember easily!!! LOL

I love all the meaningful ones....especially about the dads, moms, sisters, etc....
  • GenieM27
    GenieM27 Member Posts: 30
    GenieM27 said:

Oh my gosh love this thread!!!
    Okay mine is simple it's my name spelled differently. My real name is Jeanne. The 327 are my favorite numbers. Boring Huh? But the truth is I'm signed up with so many different internet sites I can't keep track of all those ID's so I try to have 3 different ones I can remember easily!!! LOL

I love all the meaningful ones....especially about the dads, moms, sisters, etc....

The M stands for Marie - my middle name!
    Oh yeah the M stands for Marie - my middle name!...like I said not very original...LOL
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Rague
    Rague is one of my Appaloosa mares. It should be Ragu as in the spaghetti sauce but for registration the name has to have at least 5 letters so the guy who bred her added the 'e' to it. Her dam was Red Tomatoe (with the 'e' on it) so it fits.
  • JoMama54
    JoMama54 Member Posts: 78
    Rague said:

Rague
    Rague is one of my Appaloosa mares. It should be Ragu as in the spaghetti sauce but for registration the name has to have at least 5 letters so the guy who bred her added the 'e' to it. Her dam was Red Tomatoe (with the 'e' on it) so it fits.

JoMama
    I have four daughters whose girl fiends always called me JoMama and it stuck with my girls.
    The 54 is year of my birth. My real name is Betty Jo... (yuck)
  • kate33
    kate33 Member Posts: 24
    Cindy Ann said:

Kate and Dad
    Hi Kate. I have the same thing going on as does my husband. Since my Dad died I see his company trucks everytime I am going through something. Good or bad. He owned a company called Powers.Also the Sat before my doc called with BC diagnosis my china cabinet lit up to the highest level( it is a touch one and is 3 levels of light) and my alarm system started going crazy both at the same time. At 2:23am. The radiologist (I know her well) told me someone on midnights typed my report at 2:23am.. Daddy or my Gram or both were near me. But they were giving me a sign. I am half Irish and believe the veil between life and death is very thin.. So you keep believing your dad is right beside you all the time loving and caring for you..

Cindy Ann

Kate and Dad
    Cindy Ann- Thanks for sharing your story as well. I love the signs we see. It always makes me happy and I feel loved and protected. I love what you wrote about the veil between life and death being very thin. I truly believe this as well.
  • kate33
    kate33 Member Posts: 24
    Marcia527 said:

Kate
    Kate, you might be interested to know that if you dream about 33 it means: Thirty-Three represents high potential and mastery in your own spiritual consciousness.

Kate
    Marcia- I didn't know that about 33! No wonder it's always been my favorite number! I am going to have to tell my Mom about this as well. So cool! Thanks!