What's in your name?

MyTurnNow
MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
There are some very interesting screen names on this site and I just wondered what they mean and/or how they were created?

When I finally found this site, I had already had my surgery but was still searching the internet for more information and with many questions. I stumbled upon this site and all along was thinking it's "my turn now" to deal with this disease. Hence, my screen name, my real name is Debbie.

I'm interested to hear your stories.

BUMP UP DATE 1/16/2011

I just reread all these stories and felt a little closer to you all. If you are new, tell us about your name. Enjoy!

Comments

• jd1224
    jd1224 Member Posts: 15
    screen name
    The jd stands for my first and last name. First name being Janice. The numbers are my birthday, which is Christmas Eve!
  • Cindy Ann
    Cindy Ann Member Posts: 101
    Don't laugh!!
    My dad wanted to name me Cinderella. Spelled just like that. You read right. Daddy is gone now but to anger my Mom he called me Cindy Ann till the day he died.. Daddy died of pancreatic cancer. So Cindy Ann is in his honor. My real name is Emmalyn. Love my name but love my Daddy more..I actually use Cindy Ann so much I forget my real name..

Cindy Ann
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Cindy Ann said:

Don't laugh!!
    My dad wanted to name me Cinderella. Spelled just like that. You read right. Daddy is gone now but to anger my Mom he called me Cindy Ann till the day he died.. Daddy died of pancreatic cancer. So Cindy Ann is in his honor. My real name is Emmalyn. Love my name but love my Daddy more..I actually use Cindy Ann so much I forget my real name..

Cindy Ann

sweet
    Your Daddy sounds like he was a wonderful man, I love your name story thank you for sharing it with us.

RE
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    what is in a name....
    Well mine is rather simple it is the first two letter's of my actual name "RE" is short for "RENA" which means to be reborn. When one has cancer you are in a sense "reborn" because we are never quite the person we were before, it enlightens you to just how valuable and fleeting life can be, it makes you aware of how important every moment is. It is also really easy to remember! ;-)

♥ RE ♥
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Mine is my name and the age
    Mine is my name and the age I was diagnosed (52) and my lucky number (7).
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Small dog groomer, Mine is
    Small dog groomer, Mine is simply what I am. I Have always worked with animals and I love it. My Real name is Kay
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    MTN
    What a great idea! Mine is simple, Cat is what my friends call me (Cathy) & the year I was born.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I have been called Chen for
    I have been called Chen for eons~ and it is pronounced SHEN, with an shhhhh sound, not the ch as in church! I lived in Germany for a long, long time, and Chen is rather like the "ita" in Spanish~ meaning small. Little Margaret in Spanish is Margarita, and it is Gretchen in German. Not that my name is Margaret, but just that Chen means small, diminutive, or tiny. Which I suppose I was at some point in time!

My sisters, Reggie, and especially my niece have called me ChenHeart for as long as I can remember..it doesn't really mean anything, but is akin to sweetie, or darling, and to everyone in my family, it's just my name!

But I am actually Claudia.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    chenheart said:

I have been called Chen for eons~ and it is pronounced SHEN, with an shhhhh sound, not the ch as in church! I lived in Germany for a long, long time, and Chen is rather like the "ita" in Spanish~ meaning small. Little Margaret in Spanish is Margarita, and it is Gretchen in German. Not that my name is Margaret, but just that Chen means small, diminutive, or tiny. Which I suppose I was at some point in time!

My sisters, Reggie, and especially my niece have called me ChenHeart for as long as I can remember..it doesn't really mean anything, but is akin to sweetie, or darling, and to everyone in my family, it's just my name!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen, Claudia is a nice name
    Chen, Claudia is a nice name but I think I like Chen even more.....and ChenHeart the best. Thanks for sharing not only the origin of your name but all of your wisdom, too!
  • Cindy Ann
    Cindy Ann Member Posts: 101
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen
    I love the name ChenHeart. But love the name Claudia even more. My favorite cousin that is 8 years older then me is named Claudia Marie. I have always looked up to her as a mentor,and a absolutely spectacular woman. She is wise beyond her years. My go to person for advice. She also has not turned her back on me no matter what happens. So I'd say Claudia stands for a wise, beautiful, strong woman who mentors all she meets. No wonder I always relate to your postings..Never noticed your real name..

Cindy Ann
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Cindy Ann said:

Chen
    I love the name ChenHeart. But love the name Claudia even more. My favorite cousin that is 8 years older then me is named Claudia Marie. I have always looked up to her as a mentor,and a absolutely spectacular woman. She is wise beyond her years. My go to person for advice. She also has not turned her back on me no matter what happens. So I'd say Claudia stands for a wise, beautiful, strong woman who mentors all she meets. No wonder I always relate to your postings..Never noticed your real name..

Cindy Ann

Meena is a family nickname.
    Meena is a family nickname. My niece could not pronounce my name and one day my daughter was calling me "mean" , and she said to my niece, "isn't she mean?". So, my niece started calling me Aunt Mean-a! (she was only 3yo). It is similar to my name, so my family now calls me Meena. I put the number 1 after it because i thought you had to have a number.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

Small dog groomer, Mine is
    Small dog groomer, Mine is simply what I am. I Have always worked with animals and I love it. My Real name is Kay

So...the question is: Are
    So...the question is: Are you a groomer of small dogs? Or are you a small lady who grooms dogs of any size??? LOL

Hugs,
    Chenheart
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Hi Pink sisters. My Turn Now
    Hi Pink sisters. My Turn Now I really like this idea.

Natly is named after my dad who died of metatastic (spelling??) lung cancer in 1997. Some of his cousins called him Natly. His name was Natale Leonardi. Natale means Christmas in Italian. The 15 is my birthday. I would have used my real name had I realized many of the gals on the boards do just that, however being ever so sceptical of what one provides on the internet I chose Natly15 which I love. My real name is Sandra but my friends call me Sandy. I would not have minded being named Natalie, really like that name. :)
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    natly15 said:

Hi Pink sisters. My Turn Now
    Hi Pink sisters. My Turn Now I really like this idea.

Natly is named after my dad who died of metatastic (spelling??) lung cancer in 1997. Some of his cousins called him Natly. His name was Natale Leonardi. Natale means Christmas in Italian. The 15 is my birthday. I would have used my real name had I realized many of the gals on the boards do just that, however being ever so sceptical of what one provides on the internet I chose Natly15 which I love. My real name is Sandra but my friends call me Sandy. I would not have minded being named Natalie, really like that name. :)

I really enjoy reading all these stories!
    My chosen name came from me and my sister, we both live/lived in Florida when diagnosed. We were both born in Indianapolis though, just somehow we both found our way down here, she's gone now and my fight has just started. Wish me luck cause I'm not ready to join her though.
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    Mine is my first name and
    Mine is my first name and the year I was born.
  • TawnyS
    TawnyS Member Posts: 144 Member
    Mine is just my name. Kinda
    Mine is just my name. Kinda boring. :)
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    chenheart said:

So...the question is: Are
    So...the question is: Are you a groomer of small dogs? Or are you a small lady who grooms dogs of any size??? LOL

Hugs,
    Chenheart

lol!
    Lol!
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    heidijez
    since college i have been called heidijez - it's easier than heidi jeziorny which is my whole name. my family calls me polish penguin - not sure why i didn't use that for my screen name.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    TawnyS said:

Mine is just my name. Kinda
    Mine is just my name. Kinda boring. :)

Me, too....
    I had chemo brain already when I found this site...

I was in no mood to be creative....ROFLMAO!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    heidijez said:

heidijez
    since college i have been called heidijez - it's easier than heidi jeziorny which is my whole name. my family calls me polish penguin - not sure why i didn't use that for my screen name.

When I came on this site I
    When I came on this site I wanted to use my nickname that I used in highschool which was Mickey. Happened to be too many already, then I went thru several more, also already in use. I wanted Sunny or something like that to reflect my usual positive attitude. Somehow Sunrae popped into my mind and that's my story. My real name is a southern name made popular now by Julia Roberts in "Steel Magnolia", (Shelby). I'm enjoying reading all of your stories too.