Back with a vengeance

luv3jay
luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well everyone, I had my 3 month scans over the past 2 weeks (pet/ct). The cancer is back in my liver and lungs. I'm being enrolled in a phase II study. All prayers are welcomed!

-Sheri

Comments

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Oh Sherri:
    I am so very, very sorry. I follow your journey. Gosh girl you have done everything right. I just hate this disease. If you check the colon club their members have tons of info on there on clinical trials. Peter on this forum is starting his 3rd clinical trial so maybe he could be of some help to you. If you list the clinical trial, maybe someone has some information on it or someone on the colon club has info on it.

I have told George your story, how you just don't give up, the surgeries you had, etc., well, just don't give up now. If you want any members to do some research for you please, just ask. I'm not very good at it but there are several on here who are very good at understanding the medical stuff.

Again Sherri, I am so very sorry you are facing this again after all you have been through.

Hugs - Tina
  • sheri22
    sheri22 Member Posts: 273
    Sheri
    My prayers are with you keep us posted

Sheri22
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hi Sheri,I am so sorry to
    Hi Sheri,

I am so sorry to hear this. As Tina said, you are an inspiration + a fighter. I hope this clinical trial beats this monster to a pulp!
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    I'm very sorry
    Sheri, I'm so sorry you got this news. I'll be praying for you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • qwe
    qwe Member Posts: 124
    tootsie1 said:

I'm very sorry
    Sheri, I'm so sorry you got this news. I'll be praying for you!

*hugs*
    Gail

Prayers are coming your way.
    Prayers are coming your way. So sorry you have to go through this but the more we
    go through and survive the stronger we get God is watching over you.

((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    Hugs and Prayers
    Oh Sheri,

I am so sorry. I am praying for you and your loved ones.

Big Hugs and Prayers,
    Debbie
  • Nana2
    Nana2 Member Posts: 255
    I'm so sorry Sheri and will
    I'm so sorry Sheri and will be praying for you to find your peace and strength in Him. Hold on to your hope girl.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Prayers
    You got my prayers coming your way right now. Hope all comes out for the best results and you do fine in your journey.

Kim
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Oh Sheri
    Sheri,

I am so sorry that things have taken this turn after all the challenges you have faced. It would have been nice to have this cancer stuff all done with, I know, but you will start this trial with the tremendous amount of grace and courage that I know you have and you will be victorious again. As you know, I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. If I was there next to you I would hold you tight in my arms. As I am not there, I send you not just a virtual hug, but a virtual embrace that would hold you so tightly that you would know you are in my heart and you will be ok.

Love to you,
    Amy
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    dang!
    Sheri,

Sorry to hear the news. What is the study you're being enrolled in? We have so many similarities in our cancer situation, that I'm interested in what you'll be doing. So sorry you've had to deal with this setback. I know you and I share the belief that God is still there through this all. He will sustain you...

Hugs and prayers,
    Lisa
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Oh Sheri
    Dear Sheri,
    Oh how this hurts. I know it is not at all what you wanted to hear. This disease is so nasty in its ability to surprise us. You bet you will be in my prayers. I hope and pray the study drug kicks cancers butt.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Thank you guys. Your words,
    Thank you guys. Your words, thoughts and prayers mean so much to me.
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    oh sheri
    I am so very sorry to read this news! Sounds like you are doing the right thing now enrolling in some trials. Maybe you can get into the one that was fast tracked by the FDA. Keeping you in my prayers!
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Hi ya', Sherrie
    Been so long

Hi ya', Sherrie

Been so long since I talked to you. I thought you were on the upswing after your last lung surgery. I remember thinking you and I had lung surgery in similiar time frames, but it sounded like you were doing so much better in your recovery. I thought "How is Sherrie doing that?" I suppose you're just tougher than me, LOL:)

But seriously, I thought you were recovering and I wished I had felt that good. It's very upsetting to read your latest post today. Knocks the wind back out of your sails when you know someone who is fighting hard and things turn on you.

Recurrence is always the toughest thing with our journeys. It's what makes the cancer the formidable enemy that it is.

You have weathered many storms and we've ridden along with you as you tackle one after another - and we'll all be here this time too.

It looks the light is shining on you now - and you will help lead the way on these clinical trials that you are enrolled in. Your spirit and attitude is the stuff of legends and I have no doubt that your faith will keep you strong in the many days ahead.

Thinking of you...
    -Craig
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    prayers
    I am so sorry to hear that you are back at the battle again. Stay strong and I know you will fight hard!
    mary
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    That's messed up!!
    It pains me so much to read your post. I got my CT scan and I'm cancer free then to read that one of my friends is not just takes my breath away. I'm holding you in my thoughts.

Brooks
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member

That's messed up!!
    It pains me so much to read your post. I got my CT scan and I'm cancer free then to read that one of my friends is not just takes my breath away. I'm holding you in my thoughts.

Brooks

I
    will keep you in my prayers and i am sorry.

michelle
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    So sorry to hear this,
    So sorry to hear this, Sheri. I hope the study will help you. What are the drugs in your study? Keep us updated. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Paula
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Sheri
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been rooting for you and continue to do so. Lots of love and comfort coming your way. I hope this study does the trick.

all the best, Leslie