more waiting

heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
almost two months after finishing chemo and changing doctors (lost faith in the surgeon), mastectomy was scheduled for may 27. when i went yesterday for my appointment with the radiation oncologist, i found out they need (want?) to do a brain mri and a pet scan!

pet scan is on for may 26 with mri hopefully the next day. this means surgery is pushed out to june! which means radiation will not be starting until july, so there goes the summer!

i just want this to be over (not that it;s ever REALLY over), but you know what i mean

Comments

• greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Heidijez
    I think there are many of us who have shared your feelings - at first it seems like it just takes forever to get started and get through the surgery and then it seems like it takes forever to get through all the steps. It sounds like everything they are doing is reasonable and should help them understand how to best treat one. One step at a time and you will get through it!!

Chris
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Heidijez
    I think there are many of us who have shared your feelings - at first it seems like it just takes forever to get started and get through the surgery and then it seems like it takes forever to get through all the steps. It sounds like everything they are doing is reasonable and should help them understand how to best treat one. One step at a time and you will get through it!!

Chris

waiting
    is sometimes the worst part.

For what it's worth, you have my empathy.

Victoria
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    aisling8 said:

waiting
    is sometimes the worst part.

For what it's worth, you have my empathy.

Victoria

waiting is difficult
    however talk to your surgeon, you might still have your surgery as scheduled. Ask your breast surgeon to contact your radiation oncologist who requested brain MRI (why do they need it?) as for PET scan results can be available within 48 hours. So you can have your surgery in May next week.
    Good luck
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    As Tom Petty so aptly put
    As Tom Petty so aptly put it: The Waiting Is The Hardest Part! Brain MRI? Is this part of the normal routine of your medical team? If you are anything like me, when I went to my appointments, it was sensory overload and I simply didn't process what I was being told, nor did I remember to ask WHY!
    If you know why these tests have been ordered, or if they are even necessary, I am sure you will once again feel more in charge of your own healthcare plan, and ready to do battle with the beast!

We are walking the path with you...

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    chenheart said:

As Tom Petty so aptly put
    As Tom Petty so aptly put it: The Waiting Is The Hardest Part! Brain MRI? Is this part of the normal routine of your medical team? If you are anything like me, when I went to my appointments, it was sensory overload and I simply didn't process what I was being told, nor did I remember to ask WHY!
    If you know why these tests have been ordered, or if they are even necessary, I am sure you will once again feel more in charge of your own healthcare plan, and ready to do battle with the beast!

We are walking the path with you...

Hugs,
    Claudia

Hang in there Heidi. I know
    Hang in there Heidi. I know it isn't easy, but, this seems to be part of going thru bc and treatment, the waiting game. Wishing you good luck with your tests!