returning bras that don't fit after reconstructive surgery

dianebraun
dianebraun Member Posts: 51
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello, Ladies. I found out my bras don't fit quite the same after my reconstructive surgery. Long story short, I bought them at Kohl's, many of them quite a long time ago. I told them "I had a bilateral massectomy and implants and they just don't fit. Can I get a store credit to replace them?" I didn't have receipts for any of them and some of the tags were hard to read due to powdered bleach. I walked away with $200 for in store credit for 10 bras...not bad since I was going to have to throw them in the trash. I bought 4 nicer, new bras that fit, and I still have store credit... and they let me use a 15% off coupon. If you do have hair loss, I recommend a hat or turban instead of a wig. They might be more "compassionate" if you don't have hair. It worked for me :)

Comments

• greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Kudos
    to Kohl's - I am a little surprised but that certainly shows strong customer support from them. I am due for new ones anyway but probably won't buy any until after I get my exchange surgery done - I'm not wearing any right now 'cause there is certainly no worry about these tissue expanders moving around! Thanks for letting us know!

Chris
  • dianebraun
    dianebraun Member Posts: 51

Kudos
    to Kohl's - I am a little surprised but that certainly shows strong customer support from them. I am due for new ones anyway but probably won't buy any until after I get my exchange surgery done - I'm not wearing any right now 'cause there is certainly no worry about these tissue expanders moving around! Thanks for letting us know!

Chris

I returned mine (also in
    I returned mine (also in need of new ones too) and I got the merchandise credit. I purchased a few more online today because there was a big sale. You don't need to make your exchange at the time of your exchange. I think I am going to go through my dresser and see if I can get rid of a couple more of them. At least now I have the online receipt to "prove", yes I am a different bra size than I was before. It wasn't intentional, but it's a bonus! ....and I will say, my new purchases are much prettier than the ones I returned.
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    that's great ..... nice
    that's great ..... nice company that would do that