A Very Fond Farewell

robinvan
robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
This is just a short note to let you know that I'll be taking an extended break from the boards. I've got some projects emerging and am hopefully returning to work later this summer. In the meantime I've got a few weddings to plan for and the occasional memorial to do.

I'm also looking at facilitating a "Late Stage Cancer Support Circle" at my local Integrated Cancer Care Center. It will be especially for those who are interested in exploring death and dying. I'm very excited about this... in a very NOT morbid way!

For those who want to stay connected with me you can visit my BLOG... "A Cancer Journal" ...which I promise I will update soon with lots of new information, awesome music, and fun videos. Otherwise, please send me a PM with your e-mail address, BLOG site, CaringBridge address, or whatever medium you use.

I am most grateful to this community for the awesome support you have been to me in this journey. I have always said that there is something special here which has allowed authentic community to emerge in the midst of this virtual cyber-world. I have made many friends here and I look forward to these relationships being ongoing.

I'll be staying somewhat present for the next few days and checking PM's over the weekend.

I didn't want to just drift away or leave without saying "good bye" and I especially didn't want someone starting a thread down the road saying... "Where's Rob". Of course it would be even worse to have no one start such a thread! That would be truly lonely!

I bid you all a very fond farewell.

Good-bye... Rob; in Vancouver

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
Bilbo Baggins

Comments

• Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Rob
    I don't want you to leave without me personally telling you "Thank You". You have been a very positive influence to me, especially your wise words of comfort in a recent thread I posted.Something you said touched me and sparked my ability to reason & think about the situation in a clearer manner. I appreciate your level headed, compassionate way of looking at things.

Rob, wishing you much success in all of your endeavors and especially in your journey towards better health.

We live in Hope.....Pat
  • iluvmms
    iluvmms Member Posts: 134 Member
    Jaylo969 said:

Rob
    I don't want you to leave without me personally telling you "Thank You". You have been a very positive influence to me, especially your wise words of comfort in a recent thread I posted.Something you said touched me and sparked my ability to reason & think about the situation in a clearer manner. I appreciate your level headed, compassionate way of looking at things.

Rob, wishing you much success in all of your endeavors and especially in your journey towards better health.

We live in Hope.....Pat

I will miss you
    I will miss you too. You have lots of words of wisdom that i always read, and it helps me emotionally. i just looked at your blog and didn't know you were a minister. That makes since to me now, thats why you are so helpful with your kind words. My personal email address is cwestberry@sprint.blackberry.net
    I would love to keep in touch!!
    christy
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    iluvmms said:

I will miss you
    I will miss you too. You have lots of words of wisdom that i always read, and it helps me emotionally. i just looked at your blog and didn't know you were a minister. That makes since to me now, thats why you are so helpful with your kind words. My personal email address is cwestberry@sprint.blackberry.net
    I would love to keep in touch!!
    christy

Sent you a PM :)

Sent you a PM :)
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    I'll Just Say "See You Later"
    No good-byes for me, Canada Rob - because it's not goodbye, only see you later down the road.

Your plate sounds full and I'm glad to be able to contact you before you head outta' here:)

I've enjoyed getting to know you and sharing some deep, insightful talks that we've had over this past year since you returned. I've appreciated all of your support and praise. You have much insight and wisdom to offer anyone that crosses your path.

Best of luck with your new support group you're starting and doing some weddings and memorials is good for your ministry. Keeps you right there "in the pocket."

I will miss you and your posts while you are away, but will sound the trumpets upon your return. Take good care until then.

I'll send you a PM so we can keep in touch if you want to. You'll be away when my DaVinci comes around - waiting on confirmation but late June or early July. So maybe I can drop you a note before then.

Be well my friend!

-Craig
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    :-D
    You always bring a smile to my face! I will miss you so hope you'll keep in touch. May God continue to bless you and yours and use you to bring joy and hope to your corner of the world.

Diane
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    The need to live life....
    It's not 'goodbye', it's 'tot zeins' (till we see each other again).

Come for a visit when you can,you have been such a support for so many with your wise words.

Hugs, Kathi
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    A True Friend Indeed
    Well, Rob

I just read your reply to my book post - as usual, when you sit down and apply your thoughts and feelings, they come through to me in a big way!

Again, very intuitive and insightful - you seem to know me pretty well - I've always found that fascinating. You're dialed in to that common chord of humanity (just love that phrase) and so you can speak to someone on a very deep and meaningful level.

We've talked about many deep things and your reply certainly makes that list. I appreciate you taking your time to talk to me like that.

I'll carry your words with me:)

I'm glad "I've got a friend" - you'd make James Taylor glad:)

-Craig
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    I'll miss you!
    Rob,

I will miss you very much on this board, and I hope that you will return to us occasionally. In the meantime, I'll keep up with you through your blog.

Be well, my friend, and good luck in all the stuff you have going on.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    tootsie1 said:

I'll miss you!
    Rob,

I will miss you very much on this board, and I hope that you will return to us occasionally. In the meantime, I'll keep up with you through your blog.

Be well, my friend, and good luck in all the stuff you have going on.

*hugs*
    Gail

Goodbye
    and good luck and thanks for your kind words .

michelle
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Hey Frodo
    Good luck to YOU with your endeavors.
    And remember Rob, "Never laugh at live dragons."
    -phil
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Dear Rob
    Just to tell you that I will miss you too,but it seems that you have good plans in the near future, and that give me hapiness.
    God bless you, and we will waiting for your return, whenever you decide.
    Big hug for you.
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    betina61 said:

Dear Rob
    Just to tell you that I will miss you too,but it seems that you have good plans in the near future, and that give me hapiness.
    God bless you, and we will waiting for your return, whenever you decide.
    Big hug for you.

Rob, we enjoy your posts.
    Hi Rob,

We enjoy your posts! The information you provide is informative and enjoyable. I hope you will not be away very long. We need you.

Lizzy
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Rob
    Thanks for the post but hopefully you will check in every once in a while. Personally, I find it difficult when people just drift away or only come on to post criticisms,or when they face a crisis and then magically disappear again. It is very appreciated that you took the time to tell us. Everyone does the best they can with what life throws at them.

May you find peace and health in your life journey.

Take care - Tina
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    I second Pateee's comment!
    I second Pateee's comment! Rob, I want to wish you well with your new adventures + to let you know I have enjoyed all of your wisdom, humour, + sensitivty. I will miss you! Take good care!
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    AnneCan said:

I second Pateee's comment!
    I second Pateee's comment! Rob, I want to wish you well with your new adventures + to let you know I have enjoyed all of your wisdom, humour, + sensitivty. I will miss you! Take good care!

Hugs!!!

Hugs!!!
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    will miss you!
    But it sounds like you have wonderful things on the horizon! I will check in with your blog to see how things are going!
    mary
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Wishing You Well
    Wishing you well in all that you will be doing and especially starting that new group of yours. Hoping that you pop in once in a while and say hi. Wishing you complete healing and great future. You will be missed greatly.

Kim
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

Wishing You Well
    Wishing you well in all that you will be doing and especially starting that new group of yours. Hoping that you pop in once in a while and say hi. Wishing you complete healing and great future. You will be missed greatly.

Kim

NOOOO!!!
    You can't leave us! I won't let you!!! I 3rd Pattee's waaaaaaaaa!!!

No, Just Kidding hun, I am very glad you have weddings and memorials that will keep you busy through the months, you are a very special person, and an awesome part of this family, and you always will be, my brother. Your kind and generous comments are so inspirational to me and everyone here, you will be sorely missed, but I will keep up with you on your blog, and would love to even talk about the death and dying blog or support group you are having? That sounds truly interesting, and would love to be a part of that as well. I do want to keep seeing your words of wisdom.

I love you my dear one, and this is not a goodbye, for I will still be wanting to stay in touch, if you don't mind. You really do make me feel good, and I would hate to see the friendship end :(

Take Care and all the time you need to do what you're meant to do, and we'll be looking forward to seeing you from time to time here as well :)

Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Shayenne said:

NOOOO!!!
    You can't leave us! I won't let you!!! I 3rd Pattee's waaaaaaaaa!!!

No, Just Kidding hun, I am very glad you have weddings and memorials that will keep you busy through the months, you are a very special person, and an awesome part of this family, and you always will be, my brother. Your kind and generous comments are so inspirational to me and everyone here, you will be sorely missed, but I will keep up with you on your blog, and would love to even talk about the death and dying blog or support group you are having? That sounds truly interesting, and would love to be a part of that as well. I do want to keep seeing your words of wisdom.

I love you my dear one, and this is not a goodbye, for I will still be wanting to stay in touch, if you don't mind. You really do make me feel good, and I would hate to see the friendship end :(

Take Care and all the time you need to do what you're meant to do, and we'll be looking forward to seeing you from time to time here as well :)

Hugssss!
    ~Donna

AHHHHHHHHHHHH
    well.... i am just thankful for the time we did get to share with you... You will be back to visit the family on Holidays won;t you?????? :) Luv ya my friend

Jennie