What Would the Title of my Book Be?

Comments

• CanadaSue
    CanadaSue Member Posts: 339 Member
    AnneCan said:

Hi Craig,
    Good for you for

Hi Craig,

Good for you for making this happen! I like your title; alternatively before I read your idea I was thinking about how Donna calls you "Lion" + thought about "The Lion DOESN'T sleep tonight" - You know that old song but changing it a little.

All the best with this endeavour.

Love it
    Anne,

What a great title:

It also would go along with the "Relay for Life" Where they walk at night because cancer also does not sleep!

hugs,

Sue
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    Sundanceh said:

The Collective Power of the Board
    Wow - this is some good stuff!

Please, please keep sending in your thoughts and ideas - it's a great sounding board and I knew that I could count on you guys to tell it like it is.

All of your ideas have been good. I'm enjoying reading them and seeing the perspective "from your eyes."

I'll have a lot to think about - have done some research on what it takes to get a book published and how to find a literary agent.

I'm in a whole new world, well actually I'm on the outside looking in - scary and exciting at the same time!

A big thank you and please keep your ideas coming...this book is being written with all of us in mind - I need all of you along for this rollercoaster ride...please keep all hands and feet inside the car while the ride is in motion, LOL:)

Hope I have not bitten off more than I can chew:)

Semi;colons Rock!

-Craig

My book title
    I Knew A$$holes Were Out to Kill Me, I Never Guessed it Would be Mine!
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    the valley of death
    Cancer – My fun filled trip through the valley of death
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Book
    "Cancer and the Sundance Kid"
    or
    "Read This Book: It Could Save Your ****"
    or
    "The **** You Save Could Be Your Own"

Gee, do you think you'll run short of words Craig?
    Just bustin ya!
    -p
  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    PhillieG said:

Book
    "Cancer and the Sundance Kid"
    or
    "Read This Book: It Could Save Your ****"
    or
    "The **** You Save Could Be Your Own"

Gee, do you think you'll run short of words Craig?
    Just bustin ya!
    -p

How about: "A View From the Rear:My Life with CRC"
    Whatever the title, how about including exerpts from here as well interspered thru your book.....steve
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    coloCan said:

How about: "A View From the Rear:My Life with CRC"
    Whatever the title, how about including exerpts from here as well interspered thru your book.....steve

I thought you wrote
    "A View From MY Rear: Life with CRC"
    But yours is very good Steve
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Please, please keep sending in your thoughts and ideas - it's a great sounding board and I knew that I could count on you guys to tell it like it is.

All of your ideas have been good. I'm enjoying reading them and seeing the perspective "from your eyes."

I'll have a lot to think about - have done some research on what it takes to get a book published and how to find a literary agent.

I'm in a whole new world, well actually I'm on the outside looking in - scary and exciting at the same time!

A big thank you and please keep your ideas coming...this book is being written with all of us in mind - I need all of you along for this rollercoaster ride...please keep all hands and feet inside the car while the ride is in motion, LOL:)

Semi;colons Rock!

-Craig

Oh well.
    Oh well.

I thought you'd go with the "CraigsList" one, but.....

How about:

"Hindsight" A look into my wrecked rectum.

"No Butts About Us" Tails from the past.

"No Passing" A new world without the crap.

"My rear view of life" A book about my half-assed situation.

"The Rectum Whisperer" Words cannnot make up for waste.

"Shortened exits" Intestinal fortitude at it's best.

Gee Craig, your comment:
    "Hope I have not bitten off more than I can chew"
    was reminescent of Marv Albert's famous situation. In a slightly
    different context, of course....

I'll stop now..... my head hurts.
  • Sundanceh said:

Semi;colons Rock!

-Craig

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    snommintj said:

My book title
    I Knew A$$holes Were Out to Kill Me, I Never Guessed it Would be Mine!

laf
    laf - i am glad i am wearing depends!
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    John23 said:

Oh well.
    Oh well.

How about:

Gee Craig, your comment:

wow
    oh my - john, you have given this too much thought
    damn you guys crack me up
  • PamPam2
    PamPam2 Member Posts: 370 Member
    LIVING With Colon Cancer
    Pam

LIVING With Colon Cancer
    Pam
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    PhillieG said:

I thought you wrote
    "A View From MY Rear: Life with CRC"
    But yours is very good Steve

We want to live

We want to live
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    CanadaSue said:

Love it
    Anne,

What a great title:

It also would go along with the "Relay for Life" Where they walk at night because cancer also does not sleep!

hugs,

Sue

Thanks Sue! I am glad you
    Thanks Sue! I am glad you like it.
  • Nana2
    Nana2 Member Posts: 255
    I think the book is an
    I think the book is an awesome idea. I was desperate to hear how others were doing and handling things and this site has been great. I'm sure insights into your own personal journey in book form will be helpful to alot of people. My first gutt feeling when Jim was diagnosed was that there was an "unwelcome stranger" who had moved in the house with us. That Cancer. Always there lurking, disrupting our thoughts, there when we ate or talked or tried to sleep. Unwilling to leave. So my pitch for a title would be something to do with that unwanted or unwelcome stranger.
    Good luck...I imagine this will be very theraputic for you as well.
    April
  • CanadaSue
    CanadaSue Member Posts: 339 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Semi;colons Rock!

-Craig

Such great titles!
    Craig, these are such good titles.....

I think you better start the book, and hash over the titles as you go!

I want an autographed copy!

Hugs,

Sue
  • Brenda3.16
    Brenda3.16 Member Posts: 209
    Nana2 said:

I think the book is an
    I think the book is an awesome idea. I was desperate to hear how others were doing and handling things and this site has been great. I'm sure insights into your own personal journey in book form will be helpful to alot of people. My first gutt feeling when Jim was diagnosed was that there was an "unwelcome stranger" who had moved in the house with us. That Cancer. Always there lurking, disrupting our thoughts, there when we ate or talked or tried to sleep. Unwilling to leave. So my pitch for a title would be something to do with that unwanted or unwelcome stranger.
    Good luck...I imagine this will be very theraputic for you as well.
    April

Craig, I am so glad that
    Craig, I am so glad that you are seriously considering writing a book. You have a talent that could help a lot of people. When I was first DX I ran out and bought lots of books about cancer. (I still buy books). A couple of them really helped me with this battle. I like your title, and look forward to reading your book. Brenda
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Good for you!
    I'm glad you're going to do this, Craig. Can't wait for it to come out! How about this title- "I Never Asked for This!"

*hugs*
    Gail
  • amyb15
    amyb15 Member Posts: 109 Member

Craig, I am so glad that
    Craig, I am so glad that you are seriously considering writing a book. You have a talent that could help a lot of people. When I was first DX I ran out and bought lots of books about cancer. (I still buy books). A couple of them really helped me with this battle. I like your title, and look forward to reading your book. Brenda

i like the name of sundance,
    i like the name of sundance, as someone else stated. You could explain your name on the board
    etc.
  • amyb15
    amyb15 Member Posts: 109 Member

Craig, I am so glad that

i like the name of sundance,
    i like the name of sundance, as someone else stated. You could explain your name on the board
    etc.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    John23 said:

Oh well.
    Oh well.

How about:

Gee Craig, your comment:

Thats Too Funny
    You have some awesome titles. Where did you come up with these? If you thought of these on your own than you should write a book too :)

Kim