itchy head

Options
MCJ
MCJ Member Posts: 59
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Ladies,
My wife is having problems with her head itching, I remember reading a few months ago some of you ladies mentioning a lotion that helps. Can someone help me with this??

Comments

• Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    See "Dry Scalp - Any Suggestions?"
    I just bumped up a previous thread called "Dry Scalp - Any Suggestions?" I think the last post lists some products by name. Hope that helps.

Has your wife lost her hair? What, if any, head covering is she wearing? Some people find a wig is pretty itchy. She can get a thin liner to wear under the wig that might help. Perhaps she needs to stop using her usual shampoo/soap and use something hypoallergenic? Also, switching to a dye-free, fragrance-free laundry detergent for washing head scarves might help. Many women "buzz" their heads with clippers. Some actually shave with a razor, but that can be drying and irritating.
  • MCJ
    MCJ Member Posts: 59
    Options

See "Dry Scalp - Any Suggestions?"
    I just bumped up a previous thread called "Dry Scalp - Any Suggestions?" I think the last post lists some products by name. Hope that helps.

Has your wife lost her hair? What, if any, head covering is she wearing? Some people find a wig is pretty itchy. She can get a thin liner to wear under the wig that might help. Perhaps she needs to stop using her usual shampoo/soap and use something hypoallergenic? Also, switching to a dye-free, fragrance-free laundry detergent for washing head scarves might help. Many women "buzz" their heads with clippers. Some actually shave with a razor, but that can be drying and irritating.

I will check it out
    I will check it out thanks.
    Yes she has lost her hair and she does wear a liner benath her wig. I will talk to her about the soap she uses, maybe.
    Thanks alot
    Jerry
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    MCJ said:

I will check it out
    I will check it out thanks.
    Yes she has lost her hair and she does wear a liner benath her wig. I will talk to her about the soap she uses, maybe.
    Thanks alot
    Jerry

I didnt have an itchy head
    I didnt have an itchy head but I am sure along with LC you will get other answers.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

I didnt have an itchy head
    I didnt have an itchy head but I am sure along with LC you will get other answers.

itchy head
    I had an itchy head around the time my hair came out. My oncologist sent me to a dermatologist who gave me some great foam spray stuff that I rubbed on a couple of times a day ... and it worked great!

teena
  • Chrispea
    Chrispea Member Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I actually ended up with
    I actually ended up with cradle cap... I used Denorex and it went away. You could use something similar for dandruff/psoriasis.