Had surgery again

qwe
qwe Member Posts: 124
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi I have not been here much do to computer problems but I am so glad to be back.

I was in the hospital 3 times in 2 months and I had a blockage.On the third time on
April 26TH I had to have major surgery do to radiations treatments it had damaged my
small intestine the DR took 20" out and a lot of adhesion's I went in the hospital on April
24TH got out May 11TH all most 3 weeks when I had this surgery it was on my 13Th month from my colostomy surgery to the day boy that sucks I am still cancer free and feeling better. Went off the pain meds today been getting headaches but I will be fine.
Has any one have had to have this kind of surgery oh my original surgery March 26TH 2009 was do to rectal cancer.

Comments

• Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    hi, qwe
    so sorry you've gone through so much. I've had radiation treatment for rectal cancer in Nov/Dec 2009. BM's have changed but no problems to intestine, not yet anyway.
    Glad you are feeling better and hoping for continued healing.
    Aud
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Goodness!
    Goodness! You've been through a lot! I hope you're on the road to recovery now.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • qwe
    tootsie1 said:

Goodness!
    Goodness! You've been through a lot! I hope you're on the road to recovery now.

*hugs*
    Gail

Thank you Aud and Tootsiei
    Thank you Aud and Tootsiei for your support Today I was running a fever but it is down now.
    For me it is hard to get connections with people I was so happy that you 2 replied. I have been laying down all day now I am at my computer for a few I have to do things slow. will try to come back later going to check out the chat room.

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Hello qwe,
    I am sorry you

Hello qwe,

I am sorry you have been through so much. I hope you are feeling better soon. Take good care!
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    I am so sorry to hear this!
    You are really having a hard time. I hope you are feeling better. Sounds like recovery has been a bit#@! I have colon cancer, not rectal cancer, but have been through the ringer a few times, so I know how you feel. My last major procedure was a year ago today and I was in and out of the hospital for 3 months. There are lingering issues from that last procedure, but I'm still here and as determined as ever! I look forward to hearing from you again and hope you are doing better every day!
    mary
  • msccolon said:

I am so sorry to hear this!
    You are really having a hard time. I hope you are feeling better. Sounds like recovery has been a bit#@! I have colon cancer, not rectal cancer, but have been through the ringer a few times, so I know how you feel. My last major procedure was a year ago today and I was in and out of the hospital for 3 months. There are lingering issues from that last procedure, but I'm still here and as determined as ever! I look forward to hearing from you again and hope you are doing better every day!
    mary

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry
    Hey you are my same date surgery buddy and I haven't seen you in a long time on the boards. Sorry that you are having such problems. You have gone through a lot since last March. My goodness you need to have some good things happening your way. You are always in my thoughts always. Miss seeing you on the posts.

Kim
  • qwe

Sorry
    Hey you are my same date surgery buddy and I haven't seen you in a long time on the boards. Sorry that you are having such problems. You have gone through a lot since last March. My goodness you need to have some good things happening your way. You are always in my thoughts always. Miss seeing you on the posts.

Kim

KIm so happy to hear form
    KIm so happy to hear form you had computer problems.I miss talking to you.
    You have been a big support in my recovery.Do you still wear a bag?I some
    times don't know what to say but I am doing OK and hope you are to you look good in your picture.((((((((((((((((Kim)))))))))))))))
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209
    Best wishes to you

Dear qwe,

I hope you have a speedy recovery and feel better soon! Sounds like you have really been through so much and I agree, it does suck. But you are cancer free and that is outstanding!

Hugs and Healing,
    Priscilla
  • qwe
    pf78248 said:

Best wishes to you

Dear qwe,

I hope you have a speedy recovery and feel better soon! Sounds like you have really been through so much and I agree, it does suck. But you are cancer free and that is outstanding!

Hugs and Healing,
    Priscilla

Thank you all for you
    Thank you all for you thoughts.
    Still recovering found out Friday, I have a urinary track infection it made my fever jump to 103.7 oh I was in so much
    pain I had this in the hospital and nothing was done I had to keep bugging my DR to do a test for it well comes to fined out
    I had it and was one sick puppy.My fever won't go below 100 I am taking CIPRO 500mg 2 x's a day for 7 days started Friday,
    Thur., I went to get test, Friday started med's

Why don't DR's listen to there patients if he had I would not have got this sick feeling a
    little better now.

Now about you guys how are you all doing.