Make Strides Against Breast Cancer Was This Morning~ and it was so much fun!

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So, I was minding my own business ( sure, I was!) watching TV, when an ad came on for the Make Strides Against Cancer walk...turns out it is Tomorrow, and only 3 miles from where I live! So, yeah, Reggie and I promptly signed up online and we'll be walking for all of the Kindred Spirits tomorrow at 9AM. This is my 2nd 5K in 2 weeks, so if your feet feel a bit tired and achy tomorrow, it's just because you have been walking with me so much lately!

See you at the finish line!

Hugs,
Chen♥

Comments

• elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    That's awesome! Have a
    That's awesome! Have a wonderful time!
    Did I mention I love your picture?
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    elm3544 said:

That's awesome! Have a

I'll be thinking of you!
    I did the Make Strides in Albuquerque on April 25th this year. It was an incredible experience. I'll be thinking of you Chen. Have a great time and let us know all about it. Hugs. Gracie
  • chenheart

I'll be thinking of you!
    I did the Make Strides in Albuquerque on April 25th this year. It was an incredible experience. I'll be thinking of you Chen. Have a great time and let us know all about it. Hugs. Gracie

I have done too many Relay
    I have done too many Relay For Life events to count, and 5Ks and half marathons, but for some reason have never done the Make Strides one~ I am looking forward to it. With it being only 3 miles from my house, I could walk to it and back! Two 5K's worth in one day! LOL
  • chenheart

I'll be thinking of you!

I have done too many Relay
    Double Post~ sorry!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    with 50 foot strides...
    still quite awe inspiring!
    I notice there was one in my town of San Dimas today, but don't think I can make it.
    Will be with you tomorrow!
    Cat
  • chenheart
    elm3544 said:

That's awesome! Have a

Thanks! This picture is at
    Thanks! This picture is at the finish line of the 5K from a week ago...don't know why it feels like 2 already! I am going to wear the necklace ( which I bought there at the "Save The Ta-Ta's" booth) to the 5K tomorrow!
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    chenheart said:

Thanks! This picture is at
    Thanks! This picture is at the finish line of the 5K from a week ago...don't know why it feels like 2 already! I am going to wear the necklace ( which I bought there at the "Save The Ta-Ta's" booth) to the 5K tomorrow!

With You in Spirit, Chen
    Dearest Sister in Pink, just want to add some encouragement to you for today. Thank you for doing this walk. Depending where you are located, you are either just beginning or just finishing the 5K. Either way, my heart is with you. Hugs, Gracie
  • chenheart

With You in Spirit, Chen
    Dearest Sister in Pink, just want to add some encouragement to you for today. Thank you for doing this walk. Depending where you are located, you are either just beginning or just finishing the 5K. Either way, my heart is with you. Hugs, Gracie

Thanks, Gracie! Reggie and I
    Thanks, Gracie! Reggie and I found out about it yesterday, and when we got there this AM, turns out his Tribe was the major sponsor and had a team~ so we joined it on the spot and wore Official Pink Team Chumash Tribe t-shirts and hats! Pink, Pink, everywhere!

The venue was beautiful~ it was held at Fess Parker's Vineyard ( I posted not too long ago about going to his funeral...sweet Davey Crockett/Daniel Boone) and we all walked around the grapes and sweet-smelling rose bushes. Particpants even got vouchers for free glasses of wine after the event~ only in California! LOL There was live music and a survivors tent, and delicious finger sandwiches, water and fresh fruit as we made our way back to the gardens. Lovely way spend part of the day!

As I always do, I chanted all of the names from here on the boards as I walked, and when I was worried I might have forgotten someone, I simply said CSN,CSN,CSN! Reggie and I wore "In Support of Stickers~" his said The CSN Family, and mine said CSN Kindred Spirits!

:-) I had a wonderful time and you were all with me! YAY YAY YAY!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    cats_toy said:

with 50 foot strides...
    still quite awe inspiring!
    I notice there was one in my town of San Dimas today, but don't think I can make it.
    Will be with you tomorrow!
    Cat

More pictures please! I love them.
    I hope next year I will be strong enough to participate! I just saw Connie's and they are spectacular!

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • Emilyfimily
    Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
    Oh, that's so cool! Hope
    Oh, that's so cool! Hope you had a GREAT time at the walk today! I'm doing my first ever Relay for Life in June, and I'm *psyched*! I kinda think I'll do every cancer walk/run I get a chance to do after this. How could I not? :D
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    chenheart said:

Thanks, Gracie! Reggie and I found out about it yesterday, and when we got there this AM, turns out his Tribe was the major sponsor and had a team~ so we joined it on the spot and wore Official Pink Team Chumash Tribe t-shirts and hats! Pink, Pink, everywhere!

The venue was beautiful~ it was held at Fess Parker's Vineyard ( I posted not too long ago about going to his funeral...sweet Davey Crockett/Daniel Boone) and we all walked around the grapes and sweet-smelling rose bushes. Particpants even got vouchers for free glasses of wine after the event~ only in California! LOL There was live music and a survivors tent, and delicious finger sandwiches, water and fresh fruit as we made our way back to the gardens. Lovely way spend part of the day!

As I always do, I chanted all of the names from here on the boards as I walked, and when I was worried I might have forgotten someone, I simply said CSN,CSN,CSN! Reggie and I wore "In Support of Stickers~" his said The CSN Family, and mine said CSN Kindred Spirits!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thanks for
    remembering us,Chen and Reggie!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

As always...
    Kindred Spirit inspires us all! The local ACS/MSABC event is my own personal favorite of its type. The only one I've vowed to do annually - each and every October.

Thank you, Claudia, for always taking us with you! And for all you do for our cause, in hopes for a cancer-free world some day in the future.

Kindest regards, 12/25