Do you all know how Special you are??????

jestawoman
jestawoman Member Posts: 35
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Update on Lumps On and Near Collar Bone...and a message at the bottom...

Thanks to those who responded and sent words of encouragement regarding my earlier post, and God Bless All of You!
The lumps on Mom's (stage 4 Breast cancer w/mets dx'd "06) collar bone were quite small to start with. They became three, were quite painful, and grew as big as my fist incredibly fast. At the time she discovered them she had just learned that the mets to her chest wall had spread into both of her lungs. Her scan shows an explosion of spots that at that time were fortunately only mm in size. It was decided, due to her extreme chemo induced anemia, to suspend chemo and immediately begin another round of radiation to her tumours on the collar bone. This was a huge blow to her as before the anemia put her down she thought she was doing very well, then to have these huge tumors require rads. Being the Warrior that she is, she valiantly endured 5 weeks of daily radiation while slowly recovering from the anemia. She lay each time praying that the spots in her lungs were not growing in the interim. So now rads are done, tumors have softened and reduced. I get kind of crazy when I say that her Oncologist has been out on leave for the past FIVE weeks and is not due back until the 17th May. Her radiation Onc is going to turn her over to him and they will discuss what kind of chemo, I hate the term "salvage chemo", to begin for treatment of her lungs. I pray to God the spots are still only mm in size and not centimeter! Mom is a young just turned 69 year old woman, disabled by bone on bone arthritis in her hips and spine, who lives with my little brother, her youngest (43) who is losing his 6 year battle with recurrent Nasopharyngeal cancer. I brought him home from the hospital yesterday after his second week and a half stay in a month. The third day of his first stay he went code blue. Mother has been surviving on xanax to get through the days and my amazing brother is just angry all the time and trying to push himself out of his hell by bullying the forces that threaten to keep him down. One of this diseases most evil imprints is that those fighting it will often act out towards those who they are closest to. The emotional dynamics between him and mom are the most heartbreaking that I have ever witnessed and much more complex than what anyone could know.
I want you to know that I am not sure I feel right about putting any of this in print. You all have so much going on yourselves and this almost feels like I am spreading darkness too much in an environment that needs only more Light. I want to say I am sorry for causing pain and also say that while I am asking the Great Spirit to Bless all of you with that Light, I am also acknowledging that it is my awareness of the Holy Spirit in each of you that I am reaching out to by telling this story. I know that in YOU, I will find strength to get through these sad days to come...Peace.

Comments

• elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    I'm so sorry to hear this.
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Your family is certainly dealing with alot. I hope that you feel comfortable to come to this board anytime. There are so many wonderful caring people here!
    I wish I had something comforting and wise to say to you, I am not as eloquent as some of the others but please know we are here for you.
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    elm3544 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this.
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Your family is certainly dealing with alot. I hope that you feel comfortable to come to this board anytime. There are so many wonderful caring people here!
    I wish I had something comforting and wise to say to you, I am not as eloquent as some of the others but please know we are here for you.

You
    and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Victoria
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    aisling8 said:

You
    and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Victoria

I am hoping you can feel my prayers for strength
    for you,your Mom and brother. Please keep us posted. YOu have so much to deal with, please take care of yourself too.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    Skeezie said:

I am hoping you can feel my prayers for strength
    for you,your Mom and brother. Please keep us posted. YOu have so much to deal with, please take care of yourself too.

Hugs, Judy :-)

Prayers are on there way, I
    Prayers are on there way, I am so sorry to hear of your families times of trouble sometimes when it rains it pours and when you think you can't bear what God has given you it is alright to tell him so, he is a understanding God. Believe and keep your trust in him. Feel the hugs:)