Surgery length?

sweetvickid
sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I forgot to ask the Surgeon how long I would be in surgery. Having a bilaterial mastectomy with no reconstruction. How long were you in surgery?

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    I had a lumpectomy Vicki,
    I had a lumpectomy Vicki, but, I am sure someone that has been thru this will post for you.

Good luck, Diane
  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    I had a bilateral with no
    I had a bilateral with no reconstruction, and I believe it went about 4-5 hours. My surgeon said it was hard to get to my lymph nodes, so it may be a longer surgery than you will have. It felt like it took about 5 minutes to me :-). Hope this helps!
    jan
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    JanInMN said:

I had a bilateral with no
    I had a bilateral with no reconstruction, and I believe it went about 4-5 hours. My surgeon said it was hard to get to my lymph nodes, so it may be a longer surgery than you will have. It felt like it took about 5 minutes to me :-). Hope this helps!
    jan

i had bilateral mx WITH
    i had bilateral mx WITH recon (tissue expanders) and my surgery took 2 1/2 hours. But i had 2 surgeons working on me at the same time to cut down the amount of time you are under anaesthetic.(UK)
    Kay
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    m-star said:

i had bilateral mx WITH
    i had bilateral mx WITH recon (tissue expanders) and my surgery took 2 1/2 hours. But i had 2 surgeons working on me at the same time to cut down the amount of time you are under anaesthetic.(UK)
    Kay

I had a bilateral
    with no reconstruction. Two surgeons completed the surgery in 4 to 5 hours. jane
  • il2read2
    il2read2 Member Posts: 29
    BunnyJane said:

I had a bilateral
    with no reconstruction. Two surgeons completed the surgery in 4 to 5 hours. jane

I had bilateral with no
    I had bilateral with no reconstruction. I was in a room within 4-5 hours. That's with at least an hour in recovery.
  • camsgram
    camsgram Member Posts: 106
    I had bilateral with
    I had bilateral with reconstruction and it took about 4 hours total. However long yours takes will seem like a few minutes to you! Try to get a good nights sleep the night before if you can. easier said than done I know! One thing I would have done different is if I knew I was going to need chemo I would have had the port put in at the same time to avoid another surgery. Good luck