mom diagnosed last week

kidofjudy
kidofjudy Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. I am the oldest of 2 children(48). Mom and I live with my younger sister (46) and her husband and 20 something son. I am the one who is the caregiver to our mom. We moved here from Arizona due to my health an I needed help in caring for mom. I had to sell my car so my sister lets me borrow her car and we live very stressfully under her roof. We also pay 300/month rent which my sister has reluctantly let slide for a couple of months due to moms need of copays and recently purchasing a power chair.I really need help in coping with this. thank you

Comments

• Third_Generation
    Third_Generation Member Posts: 121
    I am so sorry to hear that
    I am so sorry to hear that your mom has cancer. That is hard enough to cope with and then to have so many other issues. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Prayers going out to you and your family
    Sometimes life is just hard and sometimes life gets even harder and we don't understand why. I must say I cannot imagine going through my current struggles with this breast cancer alone and having to move in with my sister for help and then also having my mother be diagnosed too. It is easy for me to say you must trust God when you're burdened with so much but in reality when it comes down to it, God is all we have to hold on to. He is the only one who remains faithful to us and who will never leave or forsake us. He never fails us. Even when we are at our lowest, He promised to be there with us. He said that we will experience trials and tribulations in this life but to take courage because He has overcome this world. I pray that God will heal you and your mother, give you comfort and strength and a clear mind on what to do next. That He will lead and guide you into His way and plan for you and that you may receive His peace that passes all understanding. That He will guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus. Stay strong and know that this will pass...you and your mom will recover and trust God to make a way for you.
    Lorrie
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Welcome,
    I'm so sorry that you and your mom have so many difficult issues to deal with right now. But know that you've come to the right place for resources and support -- you won't find better companions for this journey than the women and men here.

Please let us know what state you're living in now? That may help folks who live in the same state to suggest resources for you.

Traci
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Welcome,
    I'm so sorry that you and your mom have so many difficult issues to deal with right now. But know that you've come to the right place for resources and support -- you won't find better companions for this journey than the women and men here.

Please let us know what state you're living in now? That may help folks who live in the same state to suggest resources for you.

Traci

This is a safe place
    to vent and seek relief. Welcome to you.

Sending you positive energy -- sounds like you need some:)

Victoria
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    I'm so sorry to hear about
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and the other struggles. But, my goodness, what a testimony of family taking care of family! It is truly admirable. I am also new to this site but I agree with the other comments in that it seems like a good place, a safe place, for allowing others to share your burden. Some mighty prayers are being lifted up for you.

Blessings,
    Karinna
  • IsabelSierra
    IsabelSierra Member Posts: 40
    Be Strong
    My mom was diagnosed in January, im 19, and im her primary caregiver as well. Its hard, its sometimes unbeareable!! I may be a bit younger than you but money is an issue with me too!
    My dad doesnt give me anything other that fill up my gas tank to take my mom to the dr atleast 2-3 times a week, and i dont have a job since im the one that takes care of my mom she was diagnosed a bit after i graduated from high school so i was focusing on college, now the depression is soo much i stopped going to school...its hard, u have good days u have bad days some days better than others and some days when u just want to give up, but DONT
    u and your mom and along with all your familys' support will fight then and get through it!
    Dont ever give up and stay strong!
    Come here a lot it really helps to vent and cope with situations!
    Good luck to u and your mom, she will make it through this dont worry!

Hugs
    Isabel
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Wow
    sounds pretty stressful. I'm sorry
    We are here for you.
    Have you thought of calling the ACS(American Cancer Society) number where you live and seeing if there is a patient navigator close by that can help your mom and the situation maybe?