Hair yesterday.....going today

Boppy_of_6
Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am 2 weeks past my 1st chemo today (TC) My hair was fine last night but it is going this morning. I will be going later today and getting it all shaved off! Let all know how it goes.
God Bless
(((Hugs))) Janice

Comments

• sparklewings
    sparklewings Member Posts: 29
    hi janice, me too! my 2nd
    hi janice, me too! my 2nd chemo is next tues and instead of my hair coming out in clumps its dozens and dozens of single strands. Every where i look i see a cover of my hair :( today i started wearing my headscarf not cos of any bald patches lol just because i can't do anything with it! i'm actually looking forward to it all going as its very tender at the mo. x
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431

hi janice, me too! my 2nd
    hi janice, me too! my 2nd chemo is next tues and instead of my hair coming out in clumps its dozens and dozens of single strands. Every where i look i see a cover of my hair :( today i started wearing my headscarf not cos of any bald patches lol just because i can't do anything with it! i'm actually looking forward to it all going as its very tender at the mo. x

Good luck you two!
    It is indeed traumatic but believe me, once it's gone it's a relief! I held on to mine until day 13 then my husband just buzzed it off.

I now had a very full head of hair, very curly (it was not curly before) and I'm going for my third trim next week. My chemo was done on October 9th.

Good luck with your chemo treatments!
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    It'll be a relief
    I never thought it would be such a relief to get my head buzzed, but once the hair started falling, I just wanted it OFF.

I am having fun with hats and scarves and am getting very flamboyant and adventuresome. Scarves and brooches on hats, big dangling earrings. Not my usual style, but it's making the hairless experience much more fun!

Hairless hugs to both of you on this independence day!
  • bjmom1
    bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
    hair loss
    I was hairless about 3years ago and people would come to me and say things like u can were that style what made u cut your hair off. I wish I could do that but I scared my head would look funny. It was amazing on how many comment I would get about my bald head from men and women. They thought I did it own purpose. Now that my hair thin and not growing much do to the medications I am thing about going back bald.

Barb
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

It'll be a relief
    I never thought it would be such a relief to get my head buzzed, but once the hair started falling, I just wanted it OFF.

I am having fun with hats and scarves and am getting very flamboyant and adventuresome. Scarves and brooches on hats, big dangling earrings. Not my usual style, but it's making the hairless experience much more fun!

Hairless hugs to both of you on this independence day!

Hat's and scarfs are big
    Hat's and scarfs are big style right now, so there is a lot out there to pick from.
  • pdv
    pdv Member Posts: 56
    Boppy_of_3 I just came back
    Boppy_of_3 I just came back home from having my head shaved. I too am on day 12 after chemo and my head was real sensitive and sore. I knew it would be soon. I now have very short hair and some new scarves. I found that comtemplating doing it was harder than actally doing it. I hope I feel the same way after I take this scarf off tonight. Good luck to you and (((hugs)))

Pat
  • il2read2
    il2read2 Member Posts: 29
    pdv said:

Boppy_of_3 I just came back
    Boppy_of_3 I just came back home from having my head shaved. I too am on day 12 after chemo and my head was real sensitive and sore. I knew it would be soon. I now have very short hair and some new scarves. I found that comtemplating doing it was harder than actally doing it. I hope I feel the same way after I take this scarf off tonight. Good luck to you and (((hugs)))

Pat

You guys are an inspiration
    You guys are an inspiration to me. I have my first chemo next Thursday!
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Boppy
    It was the same thing for me - I stressed completely trying to decide whether I should take it off, was it all really going to fall out or was I just being premature, maybe it was only going to fall out THIS time??? I had my daughter due the shave and when she made the first cut with the scissors, I about freaked afraid that maybe I didn't really need to cut it. By the end of the shave, I was laughing and just relieved to have it done. It still took me some time to get used to it being gone and the "firsts" still wrung my heart a little bit - first time sleeping with a bald head, first time driving, first time going to a store, first time going to the doctors. Time has proven that I did the right thing - I'm sure I would have been more nuts counting every strand kept falling out!! Best wishes....

Chris
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138

Boppy
    It was the same thing for me - I stressed completely trying to decide whether I should take it off, was it all really going to fall out or was I just being premature, maybe it was only going to fall out THIS time??? I had my daughter due the shave and when she made the first cut with the scissors, I about freaked afraid that maybe I didn't really need to cut it. By the end of the shave, I was laughing and just relieved to have it done. It still took me some time to get used to it being gone and the "firsts" still wrung my heart a little bit - first time sleeping with a bald head, first time driving, first time going to a store, first time going to the doctors. Time has proven that I did the right thing - I'm sure I would have been more nuts counting every strand kept falling out!! Best wishes....

Chris

Thank You all
    It was not near as bad as I thought, my daughter in law did mine so we did have a little fun! She gave me a mohawk (def. not a good look for me) :o) Mine had really started coming out by he handfuls today and I could not stand that. It is a relief to have it gone. One less thing to dread. I have a couple of wigs, hats, bandanas etc. My grandson 2 1/2 saw me with the wig and said Boppy has hat!!
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • slh_tn
    slh_tn Member Posts: 1

Thank You all
    It was not near as bad as I thought, my daughter in law did mine so we did have a little fun! She gave me a mohawk (def. not a good look for me) :o) Mine had really started coming out by he handfuls today and I could not stand that. It is a relief to have it gone. One less thing to dread. I have a couple of wigs, hats, bandanas etc. My grandson 2 1/2 saw me with the wig and said Boppy has hat!!
    (((Hugs))) Janice

I'm making the best of it
    My hair started falling exactly 2 weeks after my first treatment. Everytime I ran my fingers through my hair or combed it, many strands would fall out. 3 days was all I could stand so I had my husband use hair clippers and take it all off. I'm about 75% bald and can't wait until the rest of it falls out. I wore my wig this past week ( a shorter, sassier style) and got so many compliments on my new haircut. Not all my co-workers know about my cancer so I learned quickly not to tell them it was a wig. By the second day, I just thanked the person for the compliment. I love the extra time in the morning usually spent with the hair dryer and the curling iron. Don't get me wrong, I miss my hair and I definitely can't wait until it starts growing back. My thanks to everyone for sharing their hair stories.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Thank You all
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Boppy has a hat! Sorry that
    Boppy has a hat! Sorry that you even had to lose your hair. But, what a cute saying your grandson had! Wishing you good luck with chemo Boppy.
  • gobluegirl90
    gobluegirl90 Member Posts: 53
    il2read2 said:

You guys are an inspiration
    You guys are an inspiration to me. I have my first chemo next Thursday!

Inspiration
    i second your comment, ilread2!! I start my chemo (AC) on 5/20/10.

I have all my turban's, scarves and earring ready to go for work and my ball caps for home and weekends. I am worried about having no hair, because I have a habit of twirling my hair in-between my fingers, I do it all the time, and have since I was a little girl. What will I do?

My daughter said, you can twirl mine, mom. (she's 9) too sweet.

We are all blessed that scarves and hats are in style this year....one we will all look fabulous and they are available everywhere in every style and color you could want.

Bald is Beautiful!!!!
  • IsabelSierra
    IsabelSierra Member Posts: 40
    Boopy
    I get very emotional every time i read about women loosing their hair, for my moms hairloss was something that hurt me so bad, i was the one to curl my moms hair and do her make up and nails, knowing that i wasnt going to be able to straighten my moms hair or curl it for a long time hurt me and also the fact that i knew my mom LOVED her hair she always wanted it to look great, the day after it began to fall i took her to get a haircut but only a bit above her shoulders i cried so much, but reading how u were strong and went to shave your hair completely off makes me feel a little bad because i know the reason my mom didnt shave it off that same day was because of me she saw how much it hurt me and how much i kept crying, my dad shaved it off 2 days later when i left the house for a quick errand when i came back she was trying to avoid me, but i knew they had done it, i felt it. It hurt me soo much, but now i know my mom looks great!!
    i took her to a workshop for the "Look Good Feel Better", they gave her so much make up its great! im doing her make up everyday now she looks beautiful!
    and im sure you do too!

Stay Strong!

Isabel