Dancing with NED?

karinna
karinna Member Posts: 42
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello, everyone. I am new to this, just signed on tonight, and feeling a bit ignorant! What does dancing with NED mean? I feel like I should know this.

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    NED
    None of us knew when we first came here,so, you are not alone. NED stands for No Evidence Of Disease. Most post that after they have their first clean mammo, ultrasound or MRI after their diagnosis, surgery and treatment. Some oncologist's say you are free of cancer, some say nothing suspicious showed up, some use other words, but, a lot of them say that your tests showed no evidence of disease. It all means the same. You are free of cancer! I don't know exactly where the dancing part came in, except since NED is a male name mostly, and, most of the bc survivors on here are women, someone just came up with the idea that you are "dancing" with NED. I hope that explains it better to you. And, I hope that you are or soon will be dancing with NED yourself.

Hugs, Megan
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    Megan M said:

NED
    None of us knew when we first came here,so, you are not alone. NED stands for No Evidence Of Disease. Most post that after they have their first clean mammo, ultrasound or MRI after their diagnosis, surgery and treatment. Some oncologist's say you are free of cancer, some say nothing suspicious showed up, some use other words, but, a lot of them say that your tests showed no evidence of disease. It all means the same. You are free of cancer! I don't know exactly where the dancing part came in, except since NED is a male name mostly, and, most of the bc survivors on here are women, someone just came up with the idea that you are "dancing" with NED. I hope that explains it better to you. And, I hope that you are or soon will be dancing with NED yourself.

Hugs, Megan

Dancing with NED
    Holly cow! I've been dancing with NED and didn't even know it!

I go to the cancer center monday for a pet scan. I have been in "Pet Scan Remission" since May last year. Even though I feel well, the anxiety still kicks in the week prior to testing. I'm thankful for my handy dandy bottle of xanax.

Thank you, Megan, for educating me!
    Blessings,
    karinna
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    karinna said:

Dancing with NED
    Holly cow! I've been dancing with NED and didn't even know it!

I go to the cancer center monday for a pet scan. I have been in "Pet Scan Remission" since May last year. Even though I feel well, the anxiety still kicks in the week prior to testing. I'm thankful for my handy dandy bottle of xanax.

Thank you, Megan, for educating me!
    Blessings,
    karinna

Warm welcome, Karinna
    We're all here to support and encourage each other. Glad to know you're on good terms with Mr. NED.

:-)

We, of course, understand your feelings about tests. A member here came up with this term:

scan-xiety.

Kind regards, Susan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Warm welcome, Karinna
    We're all here to support and encourage each other. Glad to know you're on good terms with Mr. NED.

:-)

We, of course, understand your feelings about tests. A member here came up with this term:

scan-xiety.

Kind regards, Susan

You were dancing with NED
    You were dancing with NED already and didn't know it! Congrats Karinna and good luck with your test!