Advice please

icetiger
icetiger Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
To live without expecting some pain is naive I guess, survival is a struggle.The end of a 26 yr marriage was painful, I thank God for His grace to endure the recent diagnosis of breast cancer. Im thankful it was caught early, I was just not prepared for the after shock of being stigmatized & rejected for health insurance & life insurance. So as Rosanne Rosanna danna so eloquently put it..."Its always something" Perhaps I'm not alone in this, perhaps some one might have found a resource or solution for B.C survivors? Blessing to all. Gail w

Comments

• karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    Advice please
    I'm very sorry to read about your situation. You are in a difficult place. I don't have any resources or solutions for the insurance problem, sorry. However, I wish for you the ability to not just survive but to thrive also. It is so important for your ongoing health to find things to do that you enjoy, that make you smile and laugh. A good friend or two are essential. A cat? :) I have three and I don't recommend that many! But they are sweet and they make me smile. And my spiritual life has helped tremendously. I'm going to the cancer center monday and I'm hoping to hear that I'm still in remission (1 year). Had been stage 3 bc, diagnosed Dec 07. I will pray for you - wait - how about now... Lord, I lift up Gail to you and ask for you to draw her to you, comfort her, strengthen her, encourage her. Bring the right people into her life to help her along this journey. Thank you that her bc was caught early. In Jesus' name, Amen. Blessings, Karinna
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    karinna said:

Advice please
    I'm very sorry to read about your situation. You are in a difficult place. I don't have any resources or solutions for the insurance problem, sorry. However, I wish for you the ability to not just survive but to thrive also. It is so important for your ongoing health to find things to do that you enjoy, that make you smile and laugh. A good friend or two are essential. A cat? :) I have three and I don't recommend that many! But they are sweet and they make me smile. And my spiritual life has helped tremendously. I'm going to the cancer center monday and I'm hoping to hear that I'm still in remission (1 year). Had been stage 3 bc, diagnosed Dec 07. I will pray for you - wait - how about now... Lord, I lift up Gail to you and ask for you to draw her to you, comfort her, strengthen her, encourage her. Bring the right people into her life to help her along this journey. Thank you that her bc was caught early. In Jesus' name, Amen. Blessings, Karinna

Why did you get rejected by your health insurance
    I am very sorry to hear about your situation and along with Karinna I pray and ask God to comfort you in your time of need. It is hard enough to be going through cancer but to have your spouse leave also must be very difficult. I cannot say I imagine what you are going through but I know God does and He is there for you and with you to carry you through this time. I pray and He will fill you with His strength and peace right now and provide what you need to get through this.

Why did your insurance drop coverage? I did not think they could do that. Do you have any family members or close friends to call on? I will be praying for you that God sends the right people into your life right now to support you during this time. You know that we are all here for you to listen and give advice and pray for you. God bless and keep you!
    Love and hugs,
    Lorrie Balentine
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    share your pain
    I honestly thought for a moment that I was reading something I wrote. My husband of 27 yrs left 3 years ago, not divorced but still seperated so thankfully I still have insurance through him. I know the only way I survived that and now the cancer is the grace of God. When he left I did not think I would survive, my God and my kids were right there with me every step. I did survive and grew stronger, which I need now more than ever. I am so sorry about your insurance problems along with everything else.Wish I could be of more help to you. I will pray God blessings for you!
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    We applied for private
    We applied for private health insurance and were advised they'd take us because we'd already been covered by them several years previously (had them thru work but was laid off). They declined us. We had to find something because COBRA was ending (only good for 18 months). We found that Texas has a High Risk Pool. Just need continuous coverage. It is expensive tho. I'd check with the state to see if yours has anything available.
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    IceTiger
    So sorry to hear that you are having so many problems - like the cancer isn't enough, right?? I'm not sure what health insurance you are applying for - I do know that individual plans can perform underwiting and exclude you for pre-existing conditions. Insurance through employers is usually based on the laws of the state (for example, in some states, they don't have to take you without underwriting if you initially declined coverage with them). Eliminating pre-existing conditions is supposed to be part of the new health care overhaul but I'm not sure when this goes into effect. I don't have a specific solution but just wanted to say I wish you the best (Maybe the ACS would have some resourcesor suggestions for this??)

Chris